CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM not working on Orange?

Hi, I recently bought a BlackBerry Torch 9800 i topped up 10 pound and rang Orange asking them to activate my BBM they said it would take 24 Hours. However this phone call was last Wednesday, and everyday I've rang up since Wednesday and each day they have said 24 Hours, these calls in total have taken round about 4 Pound off my phone what shall I do? Or what can I do to fix this without ringing their terrible Customer Support and loosing more money on my phone, thanks in advance.
    - Liam

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Default Re: BBM not working on Orange?

Since the initial 24 hours period have you done a battery pull on your handset (remove battery, wait 30 seconds and put it back in)? This should force your handset register on the network if you have a blackberry data plan active and you will get a message in your inbox confirming your handset has been registered.

If you've tried this and it hasn't worked then I'm afraid you need to contact Orange. It may be easier to go into one of their stores. Either way, flag up you have called repeatedly to get this resolved and it hasn't and it's cost you money from your credit due to them not doing their job. They may refund the credit.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Already done this, got the text from them but I will try it again thanks! I've been ringing for the past week and each day they have said 24 Hours

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Are other data functions such as email or the internet browser working on your phone? In the top right of your screen does it show 3g or 3G (capital with 4 small dots beside it)?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

1. When you go into network settings, is data services selection set to on?
    2. Have you registered via the host routing table?
    3. Have you contacted your customer support to resend service books?
    4. Have you restarted/rebooted your phone?

One of these 4 steps ought to help

P.S. The unlikely option may be your radio file in the os is corrupted, try upgrading your os.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Okay guys thanks for the advice will do all those things listed above now

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

The BlackBerry Internet Service says "Not Connected" but Orange told me its a "Server Crash" but they have taken my 5 pound for my BBM

CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LiamCooke. View Post
    The BlackBerry Internet Service says "Not Connected" but Orange told me its a "Server Crash" but they have taken my 5 pound for my BBM

demand a refund, as you paying for service your not getting.
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Received a text from Orange before saying "Now you're up and running, blah blah blah" I really felt like ringing them and asking if it was a joke!

CrackBerry Genius

Well at least you good now. Still think you should call & complain.
    BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 2.1

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Been complaining all week but all the Customer Support People have been foreign and not English! So I can barely understand them and my BBM still isn't working starting to think weather to change to O2 or Vodafone at the minute

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey... Why Do You Want To Know?

Go to Vodafone, always found orange crap whenever I used to be at the UK.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    Thanks For Reading My Post
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi Liam, a similar thing happened to me as well and i think that this is taking the mick. and i personally am sick and tired of calling that number over and over again.
    and now im thinking about chaniging to vodofone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default i have had enough of orange and i believe 50% of the people who have a bb and are connected to oran

hi i think orange is becoming a massive problem by the amount of emails sent from the costumers of orange.

now lets get down to me! my name is Radwan Omar, a costumer of orange for about 3 to 4 months now. and it really hasn't been easy being with orange, and it brings a massive frustration to me when i lose up to 5 or 4 pound every one or two months. i'm new to orange and i think its not a good imperastion to give to your new costumers with a lack of costumer services. my blackberry 9790 is new and fresh as i have bought it 4 or 5 months ago, so i don't know why anything wouldn't work. i have been calling orange from the number "450" for more then 20 times now to activate my BBM and for every phone call it cost 20 pence that's 20 pence lost from my credit every time i call. and after along tiring week asking them over and over again i at last got it. then my five pound bbm runed out as usual after a month.
    and this meant i had topped up 5 again and called 450 as i didn't know what to do and asked for a five pound bbm. it didn't go well so had to call again. as you my money was draining while i was making these calls so my credit went down to 3 to 4 pound which meant i couldn't get bbm and the man told me to top up again. i was furious and really angry. so then after all that i decided not to top up any more. but then i just found my self topping up as really wanted to get contact with my friends. a friend of mine told me to google, "what number do you text to get bbm on orange"and then afterward when i went to the website it said text to 450 and start bb. afterward i text start bb and when i did they said thank you for topping up and you will have you bbm activated after 24 hours. so i waited and waited and waited until after i checked my credit it was 4.40 so then they sent a message saying that i don't have enough money to activite my bbm and which meant i will have top up 5 pound and re-quest.
    now i dont know what to do and am worried that this will be the case from this day on.
    can you please reply to me quick and guide me what to do.
    thank you for your help
    CrackBerry Abuser

As it's not BBM that your paying for, but BlackBerry Internet Services check if your BlackBerry World, Facebook, Twitter, email etc etc working. If so. Then your BIS active and the problem may be with BBM. Check your connects are set and status says BlackBerry connected and that you have 4 dots at the top of the screen next to your network signal

Posted via CB10