CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone convince orange UK to unlock their Z10 yet?

As the title has anyone got orange UK to unlock their Z10 for them. They are telling me that I have to have the phone registered on the account for 6mths AND then pay 20 to unlock it! Been with orange for over 10 years and I paid for an early upgrade to get the Z10 so I'm not going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    8900>9700>9780>9900>Z10
    PlayBook 16GB> Google Nexus 7 2013
  2. Bjx
    CrackBerry Newbie

Am yet to unlock mine but Orange or EE said they'll unlock it for me after 3 months for 20... I got mine one off, maybe because you're on contact.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lucky for me, my Z10 came direct from BlackBerry unlocked. But yes, they tell everyone you have to be a customer for 6 months first. I've also known people to ask for there phones to be unlocked, pay 20 and then get taken for a ride, waiting weeks, months even. If you want it done. CrackBerry can get the unlock code for you.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Sorry in advance - bit of a ramble but figured worth a rant.
    I bought one Z10 on contract and another outright. At the time of purchase I asked about unlocking and was told three months at £20. A couple of weeks later I called Orange as was going on a short trip and so whilst getting them to activate roaming, I asked about unlock, only to be told 6 months. I explained that the shop had told me 3 months and was told I need to call into them and ask.
    Called into the shop and was told no it was still 3 months, they contacted Orange Cust services and got them to confirm that it was three. Seems the T&C's had changed but the shop got them to agree to add a note on my account that it was 3 months
    So three months later I called Orange and all seemed well apart from the fact they told me it would take two weeks. OK figured no rush..... Two weeks later I received a txt message to say as I had not had the phone for 6 months, they couldn't process it.
    So called into the shop again who then spoke to Customer services again. They told me again that the T&C had changed and couldn't seem to get it into their head that this was unreasonable. They told me they would need to escalate the request. The shop was not impressed as they were still under the impression that it was 3 months and had not heard anything to suggest otherwise apart from my situation. No official notice to the shop it seems.
    As yet have still had no response... Currently not interested in chasing to be honest as planning on using the CrackBerry unlock.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I just gave in and got it unlocked on eBay for about 20 got it unlocked in a few hours.

Posted via CB10
    8900>9700>9780>9900>Z10
    PlayBook 16GB> Google Nexus 7 2013
    CrackBerry Abuser

To unlock any mobile device, you have to be using that phone as a customer for a minimum of 6 months. The network will say yes and take the money but they will not do it until the 6 months is up. Even when you call back asking why it's not been done. They will lie and tell you bullocks

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have tried twice on EE site. Get email saying they will get back within 30 days. £18 to do it via my monthly bill. Heard nothing at all. Not even charged.