01-11-14 09:04 PM
27 12
tools
    Very excited to be here and thank you CrackBerry for this opportunity to let us utilize a well oiled machine and great community. We are hoping that this sub forum will allow us to help get across the OSBB message, while allowing us all to be very accessible and add to an overall more engaging developer community.

Since this is already a very well established community and all of us are frequent members on these forums, we figured that it would be cool to break this thread up a bit having each person write up a small bio rather than having just a general post introducing us all. Hopefully you will recognize a few of us here and get a better understanding of what each of us will be doing as a part of OpenSourceBB.com.

All of us on the core team are developers and have apps in BlackBerry World.
    Here is a quick breakdown of what each member's primary coding language is:

Native Cascades - Jeremy, Don, and Myself
    HTML5 WebWorks - Shane and Justin
    Adobe AIR - Lloyd

-------

So to start it all off - Hello, I'm Alex.

I am very passionate about BlackBerry and currently work at CyberBytes Inc. as a Website Designer & Application Developer. I am both invested in and an enthusiast of BlackBerry and can't wait to see them back on top.

I mainly focus on the application and game reviews over at OpenSourceBB.com. We do this very differently than other sites though, our main focus is to promote the very talented indie developers in BlackBerry World. People who make great apps that oftentimes go overlooked in the growing app market filled with many poorly ported android apps among other junk.

I will occasionally do some opinion pieces as well, for instance, I did an in-depth write-up of the Dev Alpha C giving my initial impressions of it.

If you want to know more about me, you can check out the introduction post I made on OSBB - Hello OSBB, I'm Alex!

-------

What is the best way for your app to get featured on OSBB?

We aren't like other sites - we won't just write up a review of your app to give you the publicity you may want. We pride ourselves on reviewing the best of the best apps by not very well known indie developers, so just make a high quality app, and we will be sure to review it if we feel that it's deserving!

Be sure to check out my Built for BlackBerry Certified App - "Web Design Cheat Sheet" in BlackBerry World. It was built in Native Cascades and will give you an idea of my development ability.

Thanks everyone, and here is the rest of the OSBB team:
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 06-25-13 at 09:48 PM.
    06-25-13 07:48 PM
    I'm Shane. As Alex mentioned, I do WebWorks dev (by choice lol).

Been with OSBB Since the beginning when we just did hybrids. Got a wife and 2 kids, and I just graduated law school.

I generally write simplified versions of more advanced cool stuff found out by other people, but I like to also write javascript tutorials and other info I think people will find interesting.

I have a BlackBerry Z10.
    I like hamburgers.
    I guess that's it
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-25-13 at 09:25 PM.
    06-25-13 08:27 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Short version:

Username: KermEd
    Strong Languages: AIR / Flash, VB, HTML5
    Secondary Languages: Marmalade, Unity,
    Affiliates: OSBB, FileArchiveHaven, Red Iron Labs

Long version:

My name is Lloyd Summers aka KermEd - and I'm proud to be a part of OSBB. I was with bbxteam since the beginning, which merged into bnxtream, which was folded into OSBBX and eventually down into OSBB (whew).

I'm a part-time developer in the evenings, and a full time IT Consultant in the daytime, specializing in Project Management and Solution Design. Ironically, most of my day I spend coordinating with project teams and doing extremely non-technical work.

I started a small company with other members from OSBB and the CB forums called Red Iron Labs which has been earning a strong profit. We specialize in cross platform support, private applications through contracting, and enterprise solutions. Our applications are built cross platform including mobile, smart televisions, desktops, you name it.

I'm happy to help - even if my avatar is a little creepy. I like long walks, cool beverages and a mixture of rock & alternative. I work a lot of long days (usually 80 hours a week), I have no kids (gone to great lengths to make sure it stays that way) and been with my significant other for 8 years now
    Last edited by KermEd; 06-25-13 at 09:13 PM.
    06-25-13 08:30 PM
    I'm Don AKA: BlackScorpion AKA: King
    I have been with OSBB since the beginning when we were just a BBM group doing Hybrids for the 9650 and over devices. Many may remember way back then...lol. We have came a long way since then.

As mentioned I develop mainly in Cascades now but started with and still play with WebWorks.

I am a father of 4 my youngest has Cystic Fibrosis, which any of you who know me, knows I am passionate about.

My favorite app that I have done is CF PillPad HD for BB10.

I will be doing a weekly feature on OSBB interviewing some of our favorite Indie Developers, and throwing out an occasional tutorial and or review.

I would also like to thank CrackBerry and the community for allowing us this space with in the forums. As everyone knows OSBB is a site designed by Developers, about developers, for developers.

Now, let's see some great things from all of you!

--King
    AKA: BlackScorpion

Posted my awesome Z10 using CB10
    Last edited by BlackScorpion3; 06-25-13 at 09:03 PM.
    06-25-13 08:34 PM
    Hello everyone, I am Jeremy, (aka J. Duke).

Shane, Don, and I started OSBB, and as Don pointed out we began as a BBM group with the website coming later. As we all grew as developers, it became evident that independent BlackBerry developers, such as us, didn't really have a resource driven advocate and partner in the BlackBerry community. So, the result is the new OSBB initiative (Launching June 30, 2013). Even with a fancy new website, our mission has always been to assist BlackBerry developers in any way we could -- and that is not going to change.

I am a longtime BlackBerry user and enthusiast with a passion for the brand and an even bigger passion for the community. Late last year I received an invitation to be part of the BlackBerry Elite (developer) program and needless to say I was ecstatic. Since that time I have developed a few apps and helped develop more apps, with my showcase app being Space TV + for BlackBerry 10.

With OSBB I will be serving as Chief Editor and I will definitely be contributing Tutorials, opinions, and lots more. I don't have nearly the presence here in the forums as some of my cohorts, but I will do my best to hang around and be helpful .

Hit me up on here via PM or on Twitter @BerryInformed. I am always willing to offer some help with Cascades or any other development questions.
    Last edited by JDukeOSBB; 06-25-13 at 10:00 PM.
    06-25-13 08:36 PM
    Username: jtokarchuk
    Strong Languages: HTML5/C++
    Secondary Languages: x86 assembly, java
    Affiliates: OSBB, Red Iron Labs

My name is Justin Tokarchuk.

I'm a part-time developer in the evenings, and a full time Network Administrator, covering network infrastructure for approximately 75 businesses.

I, like LLoyd, am part of Red Iron Labs. We founded it together.

I also helped bring many emulators to the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to help you out!
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 06-28-13 at 12:14 PM.
    06-25-13 08:56 PM
    Welcome again!!! (why I am saying "again"?
    KermEd likes this.
    06-25-13 08:59 PM
    Because, you can? Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:04 PM
    Welcome team! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in
    KermEd likes this.
    06-25-13 09:13 PM
    Well,

For the second time, Thank you Disclaimer: For all the humans who have no time-machine, that may look like the first time.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-13 09:15 PM
    Well,

For the second time, Thank you Disclaimer: For all the humans who have no time-machine, that may look like the first time.
    This sure looks like the first time to me, but I know it isn't.. Does this mean that I have a time-machine?!
    06-25-13 09:44 PM
    Time machines for all!
    Last edited by JDukeOSBB; 06-25-13 at 10:00 PM. Reason: mistake
    06-25-13 09:59 PM
    This sure looks like the first time to me, but I know it isn't.. Does this mean that I have a time-machine?!
    Hrm, good question - suppose that depends...

If you follow the singuverse(tm) theory - where time is a single line and only one line. And all changes impact each other then... no I think because you only see the final instance so the first never existed * or it was erased from existence before you posted!

However if you believe in the multi verse theory, then you likely used your time machine to go to a new universe where the event was delayed - there by proving you at least have access to one.

I *knew* there was a 50/50 chance you were a time traveller!

Posted via CB from my LE
    abass likes this.
    06-26-13 01:02 AM

If you follow the singuverse(tm) theory - where time is a single line and only one line. And all changes impact each other then... no I think because you only see the final instance so the first never existed.

However if you believe in the multi verse theory, then you likely used your time machine to go to a new universe where the event was delayed - there by proving you at least have access to one!

Posted via CB from my LE
    This conversation sounds eerily similar to one we had a few days ago... or did we have it yet?

#TeamOSBB - Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:04 AM

If you follow the singuverse(tm) theory - where time is a single line and only one line. And all changes impact each other then... no I think because you only see the final instance so the first never existed * or it was erased from existence before you posted!

However if you believe in the multi verse theory, then you likely used your time machine to go to a new universe where the event was delayed - there by proving you at least have access to one.

Posted via CB from my LE
    But even if there were multiple universes, wouldn't time be linear in all of them?
    Also, if things could be different in different universes, then wouldn't nearly all similarity between them have vanished millenia ago? Unless you subscribe to the belief that out actions have absolutely no impact on the world (wouldn't that be a relief for the Global Warming proponents!), you would have to accept that crackberry.com probably wouldn't exist in most of the other universes, much less Alex as Flip4Bytes.
    If, on the other hand, you believe the universes ARE all exactly the same, things there would be the exact same as here. Of course, your arrival in the other universe if that was the case would require the other Lloyd to come here at the same time. No one would even know the difference!
    06-26-13 01:35 AM
    Lol crazy thread so far, nice to meet you guys. I think I got the first leaked 10 OS from your website, osbb.com.

Thanks for the hard work.

Posted via CB10
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    06-26-13 07:15 AM
    Lol crazy thread so far, nice to meet you guys. I think I got the first leaked 10 OS from your website, osbb.com.

Thanks for the hard work.

Posted via CB10

You think this is crazy? Try dealing with these guys everyday...SMH

It's like a room full of kids with ADHD.

Posted via CB10
    bbquincar, tryfe and KermEd like this.
    06-26-13 07:45 AM
    So OSBB is a company that repairs/services/sells time machines?
    kbz1960 and bbquincar like this.
    06-26-13 10:12 AM
    Yes. Send payment now and when we finish your time machine we'll ship it to you.

Disclaimer: OSBB is neither a corporation nor in the business of manufacturing time machines. Time Machine is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
    KermEd, bbquincar and tryfe like this.
    06-26-13 10:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    So true

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-26-13 11:27 AM
    I thought they were giving them away?
    06-26-13 12:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry guys.. He meant that in the nicest way possible...

Yes. Send payment now and when we finish your time machine we'll ship it to you.

Disclaimer: OSBB is neither a corporation nor in the business of manufacturing time machines. Time Machine is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
    Ahahahahaha spoken like a true lawyer
    06-26-13 01:30 PM
    Great to meet you guys, awesome to see you here on CrackBerry!

Look forward to getting to know you all better!
    06-28-13 11:29 AM
    This is going to be a awesome forum to be in, I cant wait.
    06-28-13 07:47 PM
    We got some awesomeness coming

The hard part is pulling ourselves away from coding apps.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-28-13 08:28 PM
27 12