One of the big things we will be contributing to the BlackBerry developer community is code in the form of not only tutorials but also full fledged sample applications.

So, with that in mind... Suggest to us sample applications that you feel would be helpful to the developer community at large.

Please keep in mind that sample applications are generally simplistic and built to demonstrate one particular concept or function.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:59 AM
    I think more html5 local storage samples.

*ahem Shane ahem*

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-26-13 02:15 PM
    I think more html5 local storage samples.

*ahem Shane ahem*

Posted via CB from my LE
    Haha. He has one awesome project he is working on now.

BlackBerry's samples are always too complicated for beginners. I may just start with reworking some of their samples to simplify them.

#TeamOSBB - Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 12:54 AM
    Haha. He has one awesome project he is working on now.

BlackBerry's samples are always too complicated for beginners. I may just start with reworking some of their samples to simplify them.

Yeah, I was amazed at the way BlackBerry cluttered up the payment demo with superfluous dancing word animations. Animated text should have it's own demo, and payment should be stripped of anything not payment related or the UI necessary to demonstrate it.

Posted via CB10
    JDukeOSBB and RDslva like this.
    06-27-13 01:08 AM
    I've always felt a sample app that is intended to demonstrate one thing should, simply and exclusively, demonstrate that one thing. Makes it easier to learn one concept, then learn another with a different sample, and so on... eventually you learn enough to make your own stuff.

Sith_Apprentice and RDslva like this.
    06-27-13 01:14 AM
    One of the big things we will be contributing to the BlackBerry developer community is code in the form of not only tutorials but also full fledged sample applications.

So, with that in mind... Suggest to us sample applications that you feel would be helpful to the developer community at large.

Please keep in mind that sample applications are generally simplistic and built to demonstrate one particular concept or function.

Posted via CB10
    How about a sample Cascades app using the new ContactPicker that selects multiple contacts?
    06-27-13 05:53 AM
    A CRUD DB class built in cascades maybe!! Or at least a strip down version of it

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 05:59 AM
    -Dynamic Active Frames sample (things like changing the image, text, etc)
    -Very simple push data sample (both on the sending and receiving end)
    -QML can do many things, but RIM tends to push everything towards C++, so more QML samples (more advanced than the Cookbook samples)
    -Custom Listview sample

Those are just a couple of ideas
    06-27-13 06:20 AM
    Yeah, I was amazed at the way BlackBerry cluttered up the payment demo with superfluous dancing word animations. Animated text should have it's own demo, and payment should be stripped of anything not payment related or the UI necessary to demonstrate it.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if you were requesting a payment services example but here's my stripped down payment sample: Freemium? Need In App Purchases!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    06-27-13 09:01 AM
    Not sure if you were requesting a payment services example but here's my stripped down payment sample: Freemium? Need In App Purchases!
    No, I got payment services working some time ago. I was just b*tching that BlackBerry threw the kitchen sink into that demo, which seriously confused the information it was supposed to provide.

CIAO.
    Last edited by Martin Green; 06-27-13 at 07:47 PM.
    06-27-13 09:39 AM
    It would be nice to see a sample app showing how to connect and print data from a mysql table

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:40 PM
    I want a detailed sample app connecting to a web server running using php and mysql. Using http post and get, database connection, insert,delete, update tables.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:46 PM
    A simple xml/rss reader maybe?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:06 AM
    I want a detailed sample app connecting to a web server running using php and mysql. Using http post and get, database connection, insert,delete, update tables.

Posted via CB10
    Got a webserver in mind that could show this functionality. I am doing this with my apps.

One point though. All the functionality is in the php scripts. All you do is call the query, wait for the query to finish and deal with that is returned from PHP.

Code:
    void QueryClass::query(int queryOperation, QString data, int queryFlag)
    {
    	m_queryFlag = queryFlag;
    	QString urlQuery = QUrl(m_phpScript + buildUrlQuery(queryOperation, data)).toEncoded();
            m_reply = m_accessManager.get(QNetworkRequest(QUrl(urlQuery)));
    	connect(m_reply, SIGNAL(finished()), this, SLOT(requestFinished()));
    }

void QueryClass::requestFinished() {
            int requestError = m_reply->error();
    	if (requestError == QNetworkReply::NoError) {
    		int bytesAvailable = m_reply->bytesAvailable();
                    <deal with returned data or no data>
    	} else {
    		QString replyErrorString = m_reply->errorString();
    		QString replyError = QString::number(requestError);
    		// Network Reply return error
    		emit networkError(replyError);
    	}
    	m_reply->deleteLater();
    }
    All the functionality is on the PHP side. You just deal with what you expect to be returned.
    10-04-13 07:18 AM
    A simple xml/rss reader maybe?

Posted via CB10
    There is one already.

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/sampleapps/
    Bratza likes this.
    10-04-13 07:21 AM
    -Dynamic Active Frames sample (things like changing the image, text, etc)
    -Very simple push data sample (both on the sending and receiving end)
    -QML can do many things, but RIM tends to push everything towards C++, so more QML samples (more advanced than the Cookbook samples)
    -Custom Listview sample

Those are just a couple of ideas
    QML can do basic things. But if you want really good apps, you will have to use C++ to get what you want. Think Cascades for simple GUI functionality. Cascades/C++ for complex GUI functionality and complex processing.

A good example of this is the circular slider. You cannot do this without using C++.

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat..._tutorial.html
    10-04-13 07:27 AM
    Can you get the magic jack app on my z10. Willing to pay.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:59 PM
    I would like to see a simple multi-track recorder with the option to record and play simultaneously when one track has been recorded.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:32 PM