A few months back I realized that some of my apps could seriously benefit from a backup/restore feature. I thought about several ways to do it, and decided that allowing settings to be backed up would be better than using a server (less maintenance for me, far superior privacy guarantees for people using my app). At the time, I wasn't sure if it was actually possible, so I started browsing the official docs on BlackBerry's developer site and discovered the file API.

It took me a while to get things working, and I no doubt irritated some of the BlackBerry Developer Support Team with my incessant pleas for help. But eventually, I got it mostly figured out (I think).

I started implementing the code into several of my apps, and before long I got sick of copy/pasting over and over again. So I did what any sensible person would do and threw all the file API code into one js so I could use it over and over again (Ok, maybe that's not necessarily something sensible people do).

I wanted to include something cool in the OpenSourceBB relaunch, and I decided to publish my File API framework.

So to all you WebWorks devs out there who want to save files to or import files from the BlackBerry file system, here you go:

https://github.com/SCrid2000/SCrApps-WebWorks-BB10-Apps/tree/master/BBFiles

the BlackBerry File API Framework is open source and available in my github account at the link above.
    06-30-13 02:25 PM
    Let's get this out of the cellar and see if anyone wants to participate.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-10-13 08:04 PM