I am using a one with Boost but only for calls and walkie talkie. I can't text or use the internet even though I have internet service with Boost. I heard that you need to install a browser like opera mini for it to work but I have no idea how to do that. I am going to take the phone to Nextel to see if they want to help me out.
    Yes, it will work but you have add a Hostspot Browser and mms to it. On Ebay they sell a resource CD that has everything that you will need to get up and running. You must also get rid of any IT Policy that might be in the in the phone. THe name of the CD is Boost Berry resource CD. sells for about 14.00 with free shipping
    10-16-09 12:19 AM
    I have a blackberry 7520 with boost. I can text and browse the internet like any other phone or better. I searched for months and finally found a way to install everything on my own in just 15 minutes and without paying anything. You need to have desktop manager installed on your computer so you can download everything to the phone via usb cord. You can download this software at blackberry.com. The rest you can find it in howardforums.com and search for "everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working". It will give you the steps and files to download to your phone. After I got the browser working, I downloaded a even better browser, opera mini, by going to operamini.com directly from my phone. It lets you view the web just like a regular computer but just smaller. Good luck!
    10-31-09 07:47 PM
    could sumone email me the stuff to get mine and my wifes boostberry 7520 up n going my text me 419 306 3267
    11-12-09 01:57 PM
    i did oneworld phones too best 20$ i ever spent
    11-13-09 10:55 AM
    oh btw there website is One World Phones . c o m and get the boost starter kit and contact them they will do it right then and there
    11-13-09 10:59 AM
    Hello, do have a way to get the service books for the blackberry 7520, and are you willing to help me get them. Thank You, Joe
    12-06-09 01:47 PM
    I can help out with this instructions and service books....pm me
    12-09-09 11:42 AM
    I can help out with this instructions and service books....pm me
    need help with the conversion of the blackberry 7520
    12-10-09 07:02 PM
    hey i want to know the steps to get my moms blackberry 7520 converted to the boost-berry. can u show me how to do it please ur the only hope and I'm trying to get it for her for Christmas? my email is mr.mj07atyahoodotcom please hurry?
    12-11-09 03:01 PM
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: it depends what you want to do with it...

The first thing you NEED to do is download and install Opera Mini; you cannot get anywhere via the BlackBerry..-- ext ext
    you CAN SEND MMS on a boost berry and all the things you need are on this site here is what i FOUND on this site, in no way did i discover this, it WORKS on my BB7520, so i dont see why it wouldnt work on others?

"To start you need to download this link for the service books.

forums.crackberry.com/attachments/f137/25614d1243257066-boostberry-8350i-workarounds-combined3.zip

1) ENABLE SERVICE BOOK COMPLETE BACKUP / OVER WRITE / RESTORE on the Device, like this:

a) On your device, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.

2) BACKUP EXISTING SERVICE BOOKS

a) Hook up the phone to the laptop

b) Open Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Backup/Restore -> Advanced

i) On the right side, scroll down to Service Books, then press the

ii) Click on Save, and save them some place just in case

3) WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE

a) First, clear your service books by scrolling down on the right side, high light Service Books, then press Clear

b) Check your device now (Options -> Advance Options -> Service Books)

i) If there is anything left besides something that mentions TCP/IP or Browser, delete those also

c) Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the service book file you downloaded.

d) Disconnect phone from Computer.

e) Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> BB Menu key -> Register

f) go to advanced settings -> browser and change the hot spot to browser.

i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this.

g) If you do not get the browser option restart and try again.

If you want to add any other apps at that point, go ahead and do it. I HAVE AN OFFICIAL BOOSTBERRY !!!!"
    12-19-09 01:17 PM
    Any one wanna send me the service books for the 7520.......????

im pretty sure i can get everything else workin i have a 7100i but i am currently tryin to get this 7520 working

Thanks everyone!!!!!
    01-12-10 02:35 PM
    I got the software from Ebay for $7....Both my 7100i and 7520 took off like a charm!!
    01-16-10 08:11 PM
    Hello a 7520 will work with boost, we have the software available and will post it to our site in about 1 week along with video instructions.
    01-20-10 10:16 PM
    Hi, How can i configure my gmail into BB 7520 , and how can i configure my wireless conection in it?
    02-02-10 05:44 PM
    My 7520 works partially...My phone and internet work fine.(I am using Opera Mini)..but my texting and email doesn't work. Is there some service packs that I need to reinstall?
    02-16-10 01:46 PM
    You know there is no "browser" listed...only "browser push". Did I do something wrong?
    02-16-10 01:58 PM
    I have the 7520 and all I have working is phone. Can someone help?
    I see all this about service books but no idea what that is and where to get it and then what to do.

HELP!!
    02-26-10 02:56 PM
    Scream Dracula seem to be very knowledgeable so I'd like his help getting started with a cracked BB. 1 - Do I need a Boost SIM to activate everything on the phone. I am using a Tracfone SIM snd at least the loading of apps is ppossible even if I can't get them to work yet.

2- Will it connect with WiFi without the sim? I have the app but get the error message of 'not in wifi area' or 'radio not on' when I try to connect.

3- Will a gps app work without a BT receiver? If you need to buy a BT receiver for $100+, why not just get a refurb'ed GPS unit for $50+??

Any help you can give will be appreciated.
    02-28-10 07:08 AM
    The 7520 does not have wifi. Wish it did.
    03-13-10 11:19 PM
    I'm totally new to the bb world... i just bought a nextel blackberry to use with my boost plan. The only thing that works is radio and phone, but the phone only works if i dial the number into the handset. I can't dial from my address book, it just keeps saying.."The number or code is incorrect, please check the number and dial again" when i try too. I downloaded opera mini like a million times to my desktop and still i can't get it to transfer to my phone. Or open on my desktop. Don't know what service books are, or anything that has to deal with the bb world. all i know is my dad has a nextel phone that works with the boost plan, so i thought that it was the same thing for my blackberry 7520. Please some one help me.. i read that the black berry can be FULLY FUNCTIONAL!!! Messages and all. i don't care if i have to use "work around" things i just want my money to be worth it! Thank you!
    03-31-10 03:38 PM
    I have tried this with the 7520, but when I go to reinstall the browser using the desktop manager, it doesn't show up on the "install" list. How do I get it to show up?
    04-02-10 12:14 AM
    you CAN SEND MMS on a boost berry and all the things you need are on this site here is what i FOUND on this site, in no way did i discover this, it WORKS on my BB7520, so i dont see why it wouldnt work on others?

"To start you need to download this link for the service books.

forums.crackberry.com/attachments/f137/25614d1243257066-boostberry-8350i-workarounds-combined3.zip

1) ENABLE SERVICE BOOK COMPLETE BACKUP / OVER WRITE / RESTORE on the Device, like this:

a) On your device, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books hold Alt and hit {S}{B}{E}{B} let go of alt and it should show a message about how legacy service books are enabled.

2) BACKUP EXISTING SERVICE BOOKS

a) Hook up the phone to the laptop

b) Open Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Backup/Restore -> Advanced

i) On the right side, scroll down to Service Books, then press the

ii) Click on Save, and save them some place just in case

3) WRITE NEW SERVICE BOOKS TO DEVICE

a) First, clear your service books by scrolling down on the right side, high light Service Books, then press Clear

b) Check your device now (Options -> Advance Options -> Service Books)

i) If there is anything left besides something that mentions TCP/IP or Browser, delete those also

c) Open BB DM, go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced -> Left Window -> File -> Open -> select the service book file you downloaded.

d) Disconnect phone from Computer.

e) Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> BB Menu key -> Register

f) go to advanced settings -> browser and change the hot spot to browser.

i) Now your browser should be enabled, along with this, you should also be able to send/receive MMS. Now would be an okay time to test this.

g) If you do not get the browser option restart and try again.

If you want to add any other apps at that point, go ahead and do it. I HAVE AN OFFICIAL BOOSTBERRY !!!!"
    I do not have an Advanced Options on my 7520, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
    04-30-10 12:30 AM
    Hi,Thank you very very much for your article.But how can I configure my yahoo into blackberry 7520?
    05-05-10 04:44 PM
    wow how did you get it to work cause mine doesent even call out
    05-30-10 12:32 AM
    i have the 7520i
    05-30-10 12:33 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD