Hi everyone.

wow what a great place you have here, absolutely fantastic.

Well...It was bound to happen, the kids got a hold of the BB 7290 and PW protected it by mistake, of course now thy have no idea what the code is.

Now I have 7 tries left and then ????? Poof...All gets wiped ???

Everything is saved on my SIM so I'm not real worried about anything being wiped, I just need to know if theyr is another way of do I try to crack the PW till it goes whiteout ???!!!

Thank you !
    11-07-08 04:52 PM
    As far as I know, there is no way to crack the password unless you get it before ten tries.
    11-07-08 05:17 PM
    That was my thought aswell...So...What happens after the ten tries ??? It's just wipes everything and I get to load it all up again?

Thanks, Amaising service !!
    11-07-08 05:34 PM
    That's correct. After 10 incorrect attempts, the BlackBerry will wipe itself clean of all personal information and any third party apps. Basically, it will be in the same condition as when you took it out of the box, with one important exception. Wiping the BlackBerry does not restore the OS to the factory load, so if you've upgraded the OS, you will still have the upgraded OS after the wipe. The password will be reset, and the device will be usable again.
    11-07-08 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD