Woke up this morning, immediately reached for my brand new BB (Curve 8330), upon clicking on the Web Browser I was told either my battery was dead or I need to turn the radio on. My battery is fully charged so how do I turn on the radio..?
    Thanks
    05-16-08 06:45 AM
    Manage connections icon and then either select Turn all on (or restore) or scroll to the Mobile Network line and press space to put a check in the box.
    05-16-08 06:56 AM
    I did exactly that. Even tried Turning off all connections, and the restoring them. Should I be calling Verizon? When I click on Service Status it comes up : not connected.
    05-16-08 07:01 AM
    hm...sometimes i attempt to make a call or press 1 for voicemail

a little popup box asks if i want to restore connections.
    05-16-08 12:13 PM
    try doing a soft reset(press and hold the left alt key, the right shift key and delete), and then retry. if that doesnt work, call Verizon!!
    05-17-08 07:03 PM
    Welcome to crackberry...

Or try accessing the browser and it will usually ask if you'd like to turn connections on.
    05-18-08 12:49 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me this weekend with my new Blackberry from Verizon. I pulled the battery and then restarted it... was the only way I could get it to come back on. I went into the connections manager and tried but it wouldn't work that way for me either.
    05-18-08 10:22 PM
    i need help too. my 8130 keeps turning radio off automatically.. bought a new battery. still actin dumb not sure wats goin on can you help? and i already no how to manually turn it on/off or whatever but every time i close tha mangae connection windiw the radio turns off in a matter of seconds aftewr bein closed
    05-19-08 03:03 PM
    My Blackberry Curve has been acting wierd lately, their is an SOS thing in the very top right corner of the screen where the bars are supposed to be. I cannot call people or text them, and they cannot call or text me, or atleast i haven't recieved their texts. Every time I try to call someone I get a little box that says CALL FAILED and it returns to the call log thing. Its getting so annoying now! Grr....
    02-23-09 11:02 PM
    I am new here.....what does the RADIO do? I just turned mine on and I didnt even know why it popped up and asked me if I wanted to. HELP
    02-26-09 02:48 PM
    try doing a soft reset(press and hold the left alt key, the right shift key and delete), and then retry. if that doesnt work, call Verizon!!
    This actually worked. I spent over 7 hours trying to make it work every other way people had mentioned and none of them had worked.

I LOVE CRACKBERRY. <3 Thanks for the advice!!!
    04-03-09 02:18 AM
    o to applications and click manage connection then enable the box to he left called mobile network. now if we can get you to like the yankees
    05-03-09 07:21 AM
    This happened to me several times, and finally I took it in to the Verizon people. The lady told me to never turn it off! How strange is that? It feels odd to only set one's phone to silent instead of turning it off.
    05-03-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks for all of your help but i really want to thank fantom1023 becuase without fantom1023 i wouldnt of been able to turn my radio on my blackberry back on and i wouldnt be able to do like anything. THANKS FANTOM1023!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i never knew how to perform a soft reset with taking my big cover off my blackberry and pulling out the battery so thanks alot!!!!

sincerely Freshdyl
    05-21-09 08:30 AM
    thanks to this info, i just fixed a buddy's Curve too! lol

thank you.
    05-29-09 10:54 PM
    Thanks Jared 99. That fixed it!
    07-08-09 02:37 PM
    Fantom1023's answer worked for me! I tried everything and spent hours worrying I'd have to call Verizon. Thanks!
    07-26-09 03:26 AM
    Does anyone know why the radio keeps turning off on it's own, and yesterday, my blackberry messenger didn't have a notifying noise on it. The emails did and so did the text messaging but not the blackberry messenger itself. Does anyone know how to fix that?
    11-03-09 07:34 AM
    Well thanks to fantom1023!,
    i got my blackberry's radio to turn on.
    i have a blackberry for metropcs and it worked for me
    THANKS FANTOM1023! NOW I CAN TEXT AND CALL AWAYY(:
    12-06-09 08:57 AM
    my blackberry is at&t but my carrier is t-mobile. The blackberry radio "turned off" and i tried to do a soft reset and i tried to go to manage connections but it said that my battery was too low. After i charged it and tried it still said my battery was too low. Help me please
    01-03-10 09:59 PM
    Great advise. The soft boot turned the radio on!
    07-11-10 05:08 PM
    Hi,
    It was a simple thing to do, but didnt click to me and I was worried if my cell will gt on or not.
    But your answer helped, thanks.
    11-13-13 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD