So, after a "natural disaster" to my Blackberry Pearl, I won a bid on ebay for a Blackberry from the 7200 series, stating it was for AT&T.

When I got it in the mail yesterday or so, all that was in the box was just a phone, no cords, no instructions, notes,etc...NOTHING. And the phone was with Verizon, who apparently doesn't use SIM cards.

So, after I charged it via USB on my computer, I go to turn it on, and there is no starting up,nothing, no operating software. It just shows a little window sign with shapes an an x through it.

I feel like a complete noob. But I was wondering... 1) Is there anything I can do for this phone to get it running, even if I give it to my Verizon friend and 2)Is there anything I can do for it At&T wise(doubtful).
    04-19-09 09:49 PM
    You have several isssues going on. Did you check first to see if that phone could even be used with AT&T?
    Also, if it is in fact a Verizon phone, there's nothing you're going to be able to do to make it work with AT&T.

If you feel like you've been scammed, file a dispute with PayPal.
    04-19-09 11:01 PM
    Scandalex is right....you have a few issues there. First that phone will not work with at&t. Secondly it sounds like a corrupt os on the device. Try here first http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/ see if that gets you going. Filing a claim if you cant get it to work would be a sure way to get your money back too.
    04-20-09 08:04 AM
    Scandalex is right....you have a few issues there. First that phone will not work with at&t. Secondly it sounds like a corrupt os on the device. Try here first http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/ see if that gets you going. Filing a claim if you cant get it to work would be a sure way to get your money back too.
    My advise- don't do anything to the phone; not even try to recover it. If you file a dispute, you want to, when requested to do so, be able to present the phone in the same condition it was rec'd.

04-20-09 11:20 AM
    Yeah, I figured I wouldn't be able to use it with AT&T. Today though, I also got a Blackberry Pearl that was intended for At&T use. But, I still have the same problem with this as I do with the other one. They came from two different sellers, both with really good ratings.

Both phones were unlocked, so would this be why I am having this problem? I think I really should have just bought the screw driver out and taken apart my other one.

Thanks a lot!!
    04-21-09 09:41 PM
    Yeah, I figured I wouldn't be able to use it with AT&T. Today though, I also got a Blackberry Pearl that was intended for At&T use. But, I still have the same problem with this as I do with the other one. They came from two different sellers, both with really good ratings.

Both phones were unlocked, so would this be why I am having this problem? I think I really should have just bought the screw driver out and taken apart my other one.

Thanks a lot!!
    For the money you've paid in phones, you could have gotten a new one from AT&T.
    So what message are you getting this time when you try to activate the Pearl?
    04-21-09 11:18 PM
    Well, actually all together I only paid $30.

There is just a battery with a red line over it. Apparently, I'm supposed to download the carrier os and install it on my phone via Desktop manager.
    04-22-09 11:16 AM
    I might be wrong but a battery with a red line though it indicates a almost dead battery that needs to be recharged.

I would be sure to get the battery charged which would be necessary before attempted to reload the OS and see then if the OS needs to be reloaded.

Not familier with 7200's, do you have to have the proper USB driver in order to charge it from your USB connection? Perhaps the battery is bad?
    05-05-09 01:41 PM
    Well, actually all together I only paid $30.

There is just a battery with a red line over it. Apparently, I'm supposed to download the carrier os and install it on my phone via Desktop manager.
    Please make sure your battery is fully charged before doing this.
    05-05-09 02:18 PM
    even so, a verizon phone won't work on at&t
    05-05-09 02:31 PM
    even so, a verizon phone won't work on at&t
    LOL. All late to the party.
    05-05-09 02:34 PM
    LOL. All late to the party.
    lol

i love you too Lex
    05-05-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD