I have an older blackberry, called old blue here. But I had to go to a meeting yesterday. About a dozen or so people were there. Before the meeting you see us sitting around in arm chairs and on the sofa and we are all texting away on different BBs. I was just looking at everyone looking all important lol. I was the only female there and that was strange enough. I'm kind of glad that I had my BB, even though I was texting my Hubby lol. I felt like a stranger in a strange land. I text my husband and told him that when the curve was going to be out that he was taking me to the store that day and I was getting one. I told him I did not care if he was meeting with the mayor or not that it is far too important to me. Besides I know the Mayor and I think he would agree with me if not I'll tell his wife on him lol.

So just wondering but who else uses their BB as a "security blanket"?

Also who else has been in this situation and done the same thing? Just want to know I'm not that crazy lol.

Who else is counting down the days when the BB will be on Telus? Only 20 to go, thank god!!!
    03-27-08 04:09 PM
    BB is my pacifier for sure.
    03-27-08 04:13 PM
    I agree. It's not just the messaging, it's ALL of the other creature comforts that the BB can offer!! I'm DEF with ya!
    03-27-08 04:59 PM
    ya mine makes me feel better around the big boys for sure!
    03-27-08 05:03 PM
    LOL!!! letting them know u can hang with the big boys =]
    03-28-08 10:14 AM
    BB is my pacifier for sure.
    well put. it does bring me comfort especially when i'm in an unfamiliar place.
    03-29-08 06:56 AM
    I try not to use it around my co-workers. they don't understand. No one else I know has a bb so I'm kind of on my own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 07:40 AM
    I do the same thing! He's bailed me out of some weird times!
    03-29-08 08:24 AM
    Its a security blanket for me as well!
    03-29-08 08:46 AM
    I never thought of my BB as my pacifier however I suppose it is. It's tough enough being a woman in a mans world but I can at least try to keep up lol. I just can't wait till I get my curve. but yes it's my security blanket and pacifier in one lol.
    03-30-08 03:57 AM
    I do the same thing! He's bailed me out of some weird times!
    have you ever pretended to be on the phone with someone?

if so, have you ever had the phone ring when it's pressed against your ear?

awkward lol :]
    03-30-08 04:59 AM
    have you ever pretended to be on the phone with someone?

if so, have you ever had the phone ring when it's pressed against your ear?

awkward lol :]
    That's why you keep your phone in vibrate mode, no one will ever know the difference. One may also just pick it up, put it to your ear, say, "what, i'll be right there!!!" and walk away.
    03-30-08 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD