Hi, I am a newbie here so pls be patient with my dumb question.

I have a Fido service SIM which I am trying to get working in a BB 7290 which was previously on Rogers.

When I try to create a BIS e-mail account on Fido it asks for a code from the phone but then won't let me continue because it says the phone is from another network and asks me to reregister the phone or something.

I am just learning this stuff but I went into the Advanced Options, SIM card and the Network said "Inactive" which form what I have read online means the phone is already unlocked.

Help pls.
    02-10-09 05:32 PM
    I also am a Fido customer (Fido sim card)with an unlocked Rogers BB Curve. When Rogers took over Fido if you had a decent plan with Fido (which i did) you were given the Rogers expanded network therefore my BB says Rogers Wireless on it. Neither service provider would help me. Rogers says i'm not their customer and Fido says because the device is not their equipment they wont help me either except they did give me all the necessary codes and told me to find someone to put them into my BB...i have not found anyone yet that can or will do that....
    BUT...now that Fido has BB's i may just get a new one from them and put this all behind me...so until i do i have what they all call a dumb BB...a glorified cell phone with text but even with all these limtations i'm still totally addicted to this device and i can do a lot with the Blackberry Manager to download just about anything i want...ringtones, wallpapers, and transfer pics between m BB and laptop....i hope you have better luck than me with Fido !
    02-10-09 07:11 PM
    Now I know why Craig always has a tone of "disdain" in his voice on the podcast when any discussion about the carriers comes up.

they truly are evil!

I think I will just bite the bullet, pull out my wallet and
    a) cancel my month-to-month Fido account
    b) sign up for a month to month Rogers account
    c) buy a rogers sim card
    d) add a blackberry option to the new rogers account

Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching.......

Why all this madness?
    a) i need month to month b/c I am expecting an employer-paid bb soon,
    b) i love the older keyboards of the 7k series

The things we do for love eh?
    02-10-09 07:45 PM