so i went to the att&t store today, and they told me the reason that my phone isnt turning on is because its water damaged! i never bring it near the water or anything but regardless its dead. i called the insurance company and they said theyll send me a new one..i put my SIM card into an old phone and only some of my contacts are there. i never plugged my old blackberry into my computer to back up contacts or files. i dont know how to recover the contacts on my old phone!!!! are they (at the store) able to access them and put them on my new phone when it comes??? someone please help
    06-05-10 12:48 PM
    If your phone won't turn on, there is no way the store or you can recover the memory contents. If you never made a backup, the data is lost.

However, before giving up, check a few possibilities. Have you tried removing the battery? Leave it out for a few minutes, then put it back. The phone might reboot. Are you sure the battery isn't simply dead? Have you tried a different one?
    06-05-10 02:35 PM
    wel last night i put it in a bag of rice and today it finally turned on..well the red light came on. im not sure if the back up system will still work because the screens not on. besides, i dont know how to store my contacts using that blackberry desktop manager anyways! could you tell me how to use it to save my contacts??
    thanks!
    06-06-10 10:20 AM
    If you haven't already, install Desktop Manager. The copy that came on the CD with your device isn't the latest version, but it will work just fine for making a backup. After you install it on your PC, connect your BlackBerry to a USB port on the PC. Any USB cable with an miniUSB will do. If Desktop Manager can read your BlackBerry, it will prompt you to make an autobackup. Let it. That backup will have all your personal data. You can then restore it on a new device.
    06-06-10 08:30 PM
    You can use your MyWireless account to retrieve your call records, but if you never backed up or synchronized your BlackBerry, odds are, you never bothered to give aliases to each number in your call records.

Excess humidity can cause liquid damage indicators to change color.

Hindsight is 20/20, though.
    06-06-10 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD