Basically I just got this second hand, because my phone broke and this was the cheapest sensible substitute.
    But 'cos it is second hand it still has the other persons e-mail and stuff registered. Can you please help me delete it and set up a new one? In lame mans terms PLEASE.
    Think BB for Dummies. <--- Thats me
    xx
    02-03-11 05:54 AM
    The previous owner needs to call the carrier and release the pin. Until he does, you won't be able to register it and will continue to receive his email. It's an inconvenience for you, but a privacy issue for him, so he should be willing to fix it.
    02-03-11 08:09 AM
    The previous owner needs to call the carrier and release the pin. Until he does, you won't be able to register it and will continue to receive his email. It's an inconvenience for you, but a privacy issue for him, so he should be willing to fix it.

I see. Thanks alot.
    Thankfully there has been nothing coming through from him. But I will have to try n track him down to get the problem sorted.
    Thankyou for your help
    02-04-11 06:23 AM
    You can just perform a Security Wipe of the device and that will remove all of their settings. Releasing a PIN is done to move an email account from one device to another, but if you have someone else's former device, just do a Security Wipe and that will get you going.

Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings> hit your blackberry button and choose Wipe Handheld. Check the box for 3rd party applications if he has some stuff on there that you don't want.
    02-18-11 08:49 PM
    Yes, Wipe your BlackBerry, It will transform your BlackBerry to be a Brand New BlackBerry!
    I want some Old blackberrys like 7210, It's ugly but - Those are the Building Blocks for Newer Models, I dunno why i want it, I like it
    Last edited by Tecklop; 02-26-11 at 08:43 AM.
    02-21-11 07:37 AM
    Hey

Go to Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Press the blackberry button -> Wipe Handheld and do that.
    04-26-11 12:04 PM
    I have an indian blackberry 8300. It always displays a word "EDGE" on the top right corner of the screen. Yesterday i have come to London for some work for about a week. Now this EDGE has changed and is showing GPRS in place of it. And the worst thing is this my mails are also not getting downloaded in it. Can someone please help me regarding this?
    07-26-11 11:29 PM
    Does your phone service account cover you and provide BlackBerry Data in London?
    07-27-11 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD