Hello. I received a 7290 off ebay today (seems to be the unbranded version, and if it is not, they have removed all signs of the carrier). When i insert my sim card it tells me invalid sim. The sim is fine and works in multiple other phones. I went to the t-mobile store and swapped it out for a new one becuase that thought that might be the issue but it was not. Is the some kind of unlocking process i can do on this phone or some master reset that will resolve this? Thanks in advance..
    05-10-09 05:36 PM
    Sounds like the device may be locked to another carrier. On your device go to options/advanced options/sim card then type MEPD. Look for network in that list. If it is still locked to the other carrier it will say active. Disabled or inactive and it is unlocked.
    05-10-09 05:53 PM
    Unlocked your line.
    05-10-09 05:57 PM
    Sounds like the device may be locked to another carrier. On your device go to options/advanced options/sim card then type MEPD. Look for network in that list. If it is still locked to the other carrier it will say active. Disabled or inactive and it is unlocked.

Hello! and thank your for such a prompt reply.
    it says

SIM : DISABLED
    NETWORK: ACTIVE

what exactly does this mean and what can i do to resolve this issue?
    05-10-09 05:58 PM
    Unlocked your line.
    what do you mean?

And another thing i wanted to add..
    when i turn the phone on it the radio is always off and i have to turn it on.
    When i do it asks for my sim pin, i put it in.. it says invalid SIM, but the radio bars come up as if i have a signal.
    05-10-09 05:58 PM
    I think your device is still locked. COntact the seller and tell them that. Hopefully they will get it resolved for you.
    05-10-09 06:09 PM
    I just called t-mobile also. They took down my IMEI and said i should receive and e-mail with instructions on how to do a subsidy unlock for the device if the information is available..

Im surprised somebody on crackberry doesnt have a subsidy code generator or some way to unlock theses phones
    05-10-09 06:12 PM
    Thats good that TMO is willing to help...but I think they will only be able to help if the device was locked on thier network prior. If you can get the seller to provide the unlock codes for you then its easy to resolve. Or simply pay an unlocking service to do it for you.
    05-10-09 06:22 PM
    Thats good that TMO is willing to help...but I think they will only be able to help if the device was locked on thier network prior. If you can get the seller to provide the unlock codes for you then its easy to resolve. Or simply pay an unlocking service to do it for you.
    Yeah.. i get ya. Considering that i won this phone on ebay for $1 ... im not going to pay 25 to unlock it. If t-mobile can not help.. i will just re sell it or something.
    05-10-09 06:26 PM
    OK, One dollar ....good price. If you do decide to sell it you will definitely make money on it.
    05-10-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD