Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me.... Seriously...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why the droid isnt an Iphone killer... Apparently...

Why Verizon's Droid Isn't an IPhone Killer - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership

So this guy wants to give his $.02 on why the Droid sucks compared to the iphone....

Basically all he can come up with is that...

1. The iPhone has 100,000 apps vs the 10,000 apps the Droid has access to...

2. The iPhone has less buttons.... okay? And your point is?

3. People are used to the iPhone.... umm... and once again people hop through phones like fat kids hop through candy....

Those three things besides the point it has a better camera, more expandable memory, removable battery, a great GUI, etc. etc. etc.

He pretty much lists why the Droid IS going to be an iphone killer only to say that none of the good things about it matter because the Droid suck's and the iPhone rules!

can you say FANBOY!!!!!
    Call me a hater... but I never use BBSAK before I install a new OS.... What does it really do?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Maybe if the iPhone came jailbroken from the factory it would be a better phone, but out of the box, it's very questionable. I'm a person who likes to customize my phone and don't want to be tied down to "what the carrier and manufacturer" think my phone should do. The iPhone doesn't allow for this out of the box. While the Droid is not fully unlocked out of the box, the overall look/feel of the UI allow you to tailor it to how you like. Can't do that with the iPhone.

Bottom line is, if the Droid can do the browsing of the iPhone and the HTML Email support of the iPhone, I'd pick a Droid anyday. The Moto looks nice, I just don't like the slideout keyboard. If I get one I'm going to superglue it shut.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me.... Seriously...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ha I agree, why have a slide out physical keyboard and a landscape and portrait touch keyboard, i mean 3 is ridiculous overall though the phone looks great. I'm questioning whether or not I should just wait another year to get a new phone or if I should hop on the droid or storm2 now....
    Call me a hater... but I never use BBSAK before I install a new OS.... What does it really do?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by CornettBR View Post
    3. People are used to the iPhone.... umm... and once again people hop through phones like fat kids hop through candy....
    I would love to see a fat kid hop through candy...I'm quite skinny and even I can't do it!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Keep in mind that android has 10000 apps BEFORE coming to the nations largest network. Once it hits I'm sure there's gonna be plenty more people making apps then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post

The Moto looks nice, I just don't like the slideout keyboard. If I get one I'm going to superglue it shut.
    LOL. I said the same thing myself. And I have seen a you tube video of a head to head browser match of the moto vs 3GS. While the 3GS was just a few seconds faster at loading, scolling and zooming was better on the droid. Plus the screen looked better on the Droid. Not sure about full HTML email but I think I heard that it is.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts

Pathetic reasons. The only reason the apple 'ecosystem' exists is because they make it easy for people to remain blissfully ignorant.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN
    Me No More

There is supposed to be a key boardless version coming out next year. If you guys are really unhappy with the keyboard just wait.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Also you can still use the virtual keyboard instead of sliding it open. That's my intention when I was using it. Tho I was surprised I missed the click when I was typing on it I still found it pretty easy to use and navigate. lol this is prolly Motorola's best phone since the startac

Also check out the droid eris by htc. Its like the mytouch but verizons ver
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Nothing will ever be an "iPhone killer," any more than the iPhone will every be an "anything else killer." It's liked the whole Audi vs. BMW thing or Ford vs. Chevy... it all comes down to what an individual likes and wants.

That said, people put the iPhone on way too high of a pedestal. It has a lot of greatness, but it's not as perfect as they try to make it sound. Same with the app store. Let's see, most people hate iTunes, but by some miracle, the app store is the coolest thing ever? How does that work? Anyway, I think what this guy meant to say was...

1. The iPhone has 1,000 apps in 100 variations each vs the 2,000 apps in 5 variations each the Droid has access to...

2. The iPhone has less buttons for simple minded people who can't figure out more than one button.

3. People are used to the iPhone. Well, people are used to wiping their azz too, but that doesn't mean they enjoy doing it and wouldn't utilize a better method if one were to come along...

Now, back to the app store thing. Apple has WAY too much control over the apps, which basically makes them boring, IMO. There are only so many apps you can make that are Apple appropriate before people are making multiple versions of the same thing (see my response to his first point). Even using BlackBerry as an example, I MUCH prefer that I can get my apps wherever I want, whenever I want, and however I want. I'm not upset at all that I don't have 80,000 game options (who the h3ll has time to play games on their smart phone anyway?), nor am I upset that I don't have 500 fart applications to choose from...

And more proof that he may be at least partially wrong. Our iPhone 3G may be soon looking for a new home, possibly before the Storm. We want both phones on Verizon and we want to tell AT&T to shove their "service" up their collective azzes. AT&T is the reason we didn't get the 3G(s) when it came out. But it's not just about AT&T...the iPhone is starting to have issues and honestly the new Android phones are looking like VERY worthy options for replacement. Who knows, maybe we'll have two android phones soon?

I think iPhone fanbois are shaking in their boots. They know the base of their pedestal is slowly crumbling and they are doing whatever they can to try and maintain that they are superior. It's not going to work for long...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Shut up Chuck... Audi is better then BMW!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    Shut up Chuck... Audi is better then BMW!
    LOL, I KNOW that!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts

guise, the moto sholes and the HTC desire are both available this year...the moto has the keyboard, the HTC desire doesn't have a keyboard...it's like a XV6900...but it has this ghey little trackball that i'm never going to use....that is if i get the desire and not the passion...we'll see...i'm shooting for a new phone around or after xmas, so we'll re-evaluate and see what is available then.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    3125863E

The HTC passion will be the winner.... I hope. Lol

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3060a438

Who here is not interested in the droid format.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    Pathetic reasons. The only reason the apple 'ecosystem' exists is because they make it easy for people to remain blissfully ignorant.
    That's true. Applism is a true fanboy cult. Has been since the 80s, no brand can compare to that level of ignorantly blissful dedicated fans.
    *CLASSIC*
    Originally Posted by BrianW2007
    Options>Advanced Options>Super Advanced Options>Hidden Menu>Coffee Maker>Solve World Hunger>Wifi
    Originally Posted by Thomas271973
    ...don't want to have an overpriced, broke down Euro POS on their hands because they have a LIFE to live out side of greasy guido hair, techno, and crappy A/X shirts (typical BMW owner)....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    Implying I still use a BB...

As much as I hate apple everything (and the iMac I own) their entire ecosystem flows quite well with their devices, its all intergrated and the gay *** iTunes is the center of it there isnt anything else quite like it.

Microsoft has the foundations to do it right now but not the phone (zune phone?) Google is really working on building that ecosystem like apple and until you get that seamless integration nothing will ever be an "iphone killer"

Still the Droid looks like verizons best chance to get subscribers hot and upgrade to an excellent phone.

Banned

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts

the open source and "hackability" of the android is what i'm looking forward to the most...combined with the hardware specs and GUI/"smoothness" of the OS, it'll be a triple threat!
    CrackBerry Abuser

the guy who wrote the article the OP quoted is a toolbag.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    There is supposed to be a key boardless version coming out next year. If you guys are really unhappy with the keyboard just wait.

Any source on that? I'm not a fan of slider keyboards.
    The 11/3 Project I like my flawed logic of a raving madman to be a bit funnier.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH0308 View Post
    3. People are used to the iPhone. Well, people are used to wiping their azz too, but that doesn't mean they enjoy doing it and wouldn't utilize a better method if one were to come along...
    In the future, we will have three shells for this, which should be better. But that's only when the city of San Angeles exist and Taco Bell is considered fine dining.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    In the future, we will have three shells for this, which should be better. But that's only when the city of San Angeles exist and Taco Bell is considered fine dining.
    hahahahaha demo man ftw!

CrackBerry Newbie

Just saw the droid for the first time...

A pretty looking phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Hope you are a chick. I never heard a guys say "Pretty Phone".
    Dodgers, Vikings and Lakers
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeoff View Post
    hahahahaha demo man ftw!
    lol Glad someone got it. :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by DA6 View Post
    Hope you are a chick. I never heard a guys say "Pretty Phone".
    Dude, Double A, wink wink.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast