Why the droid isnt an Iphone killer... Apparently...
11-04-09 05:03 PM
- Why Verizon's Droid Isn't an IPhone Killer - CIO.com - Business Technology Leadership
So this guy wants to give his $.02 on why the Droid sucks compared to the iphone....
Basically all he can come up with is that...
1. The iPhone has 100,000 apps vs the 10,000 apps the Droid has access to...
2. The iPhone has less buttons.... okay? And your point is?
3. People are used to the iPhone.... umm... and once again people hop through phones like fat kids hop through candy....
Those three things besides the point it has a better camera, more expandable memory, removable battery, a great GUI, etc. etc. etc.
He pretty much lists why the Droid IS going to be an iphone killer only to say that none of the good things about it matter because the Droid suck's and the iPhone rules!
can you say FANBOY!!!!!10-29-09 11:53 AM
- Maybe if the iPhone came jailbroken from the factory it would be a better phone, but out of the box, it's very questionable. I'm a person who likes to customize my phone and don't want to be tied down to "what the carrier and manufacturer" think my phone should do. The iPhone doesn't allow for this out of the box. While the Droid is not fully unlocked out of the box, the overall look/feel of the UI allow you to tailor it to how you like. Can't do that with the iPhone.
Bottom line is, if the Droid can do the browsing of the iPhone and the HTML Email support of the iPhone, I'd pick a Droid anyday. The Moto looks nice, I just don't like the slideout keyboard. If I get one I'm going to superglue it shut.10-29-09 12:03 PM
- Ha I agree, why have a slide out physical keyboard and a landscape and portrait touch keyboard, i mean 3 is ridiculous overall though the phone looks great. I'm questioning whether or not I should just wait another year to get a new phone or if I should hop on the droid or storm2 now....10-29-09 12:09 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-29-09 12:51 PM
- Also you can still use the virtual keyboard instead of sliding it open. That's my intention when I was using it. Tho I was surprised I missed the click when I was typing on it I still found it pretty easy to use and navigate. lol this is prolly Motorola's best phone since the startac
Also check out the droid eris by htc. Its like the mytouch but verizons ver
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-29-09 01:16 PM
- Nothing will ever be an "iPhone killer," any more than the iPhone will every be an "anything else killer." It's liked the whole Audi vs. BMW thing or Ford vs. Chevy... it all comes down to what an individual likes and wants.
That said, people put the iPhone on way too high of a pedestal. It has a lot of greatness, but it's not as perfect as they try to make it sound. Same with the app store. Let's see, most people hate iTunes, but by some miracle, the app store is the coolest thing ever? How does that work? Anyway, I think what this guy meant to say was...
1. The iPhone has 1,000 apps in 100 variations each vs the 2,000 apps in 5 variations each the Droid has access to...
2. The iPhone has less buttons for simple minded people who can't figure out more than one button.
3. People are used to the iPhone. Well, people are used to wiping their azz too, but that doesn't mean they enjoy doing it and wouldn't utilize a better method if one were to come along...
Now, back to the app store thing. Apple has WAY too much control over the apps, which basically makes them boring, IMO. There are only so many apps you can make that are Apple appropriate before people are making multiple versions of the same thing (see my response to his first point). Even using BlackBerry as an example, I MUCH prefer that I can get my apps wherever I want, whenever I want, and however I want. I'm not upset at all that I don't have 80,000 game options (who the h3ll has time to play games on their smart phone anyway?), nor am I upset that I don't have 500 fart applications to choose from...
And more proof that he may be at least partially wrong. Our iPhone 3G may be soon looking for a new home, possibly before the Storm. We want both phones on Verizon and we want to tell AT&T to shove their "service" up their collective azzes. AT&T is the reason we didn't get the 3G(s) when it came out. But it's not just about AT&T...the iPhone is starting to have issues and honestly the new Android phones are looking like VERY worthy options for replacement. Who knows, maybe we'll have two android phones soon?
I think iPhone fanbois are shaking in their boots. They know the base of their pedestal is slowly crumbling and they are doing whatever they can to try and maintain that they are superior. It's not going to work for long...10-29-09 02:40 PM
- patches152Bannedguise, the moto sholes and the HTC desire are both available this year...the moto has the keyboard, the HTC desire doesn't have a keyboard...it's like a XV6900...but it has this ghey little trackball that i'm never going to use....that is if i get the desire and not the passion...we'll see...i'm shooting for a new phone around or after xmas, so we'll re-evaluate and see what is available then.10-29-09 04:44 PM
- 10-30-09 03:46 PM
- As much as I hate apple everything (and the iMac I own) their entire ecosystem flows quite well with their devices, its all intergrated and the gay *** iTunes is the center of it there isnt anything else quite like it.
Microsoft has the foundations to do it right now but not the phone (zune phone?) Google is really working on building that ecosystem like apple and until you get that seamless integration nothing will ever be an "iphone killer"
Still the Droid looks like verizons best chance to get subscribers hot and upgrade to an excellent phone.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-30-09 04:35 PM
- 11-01-09 03:13 PM
- 11-02-09 05:16 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
- Off Topic Discussion
Why the droid isnt an Iphone killer... Apparently...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD