CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry O2 SIM in Sony Ericsson

Hi guys

I have a BlackBerry SIM card, but need to use a backup phone for a couple of days (my PAYG SIM is missing). Can I use a BlackBerry SIM in a Sony Ericsson and be able to call and text without incurring any extra charges? I understand that invoking the browser and other web-based content will generate extra charges however.
    CrackBerry Visitor
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH Me, I MUST BE DREAMING!

Most networks (as far as I know) won't allow you to use a Blackberry-specific, data-enabled SIM in any other phone, or at least without incurring a few charges along the way. There are probably a few networks and services, particularly PAYG services, that will look the other way, but typically you should either get yourself a cheap 'berry for the while (or a loaner if you can), or do without BBM for a few days.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    PIN
    Nevah!

Generally there will be no problem in switching the sims at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I appreciate the thread is 2 and a half months old, however an update on this. I did use the SIM in the Sony Ericsson. I did end up with an extra charge though because I dialled a premium number off my contract SIM by accident (thought it was my PAYG SIM, both look the same and both are with O2).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

i'm pretty sure you can use your Blackberry sim card for calls and text with an unlocked sony device.