Hi guys

I have a BlackBerry SIM card, but need to use a backup phone for a couple of days (my PAYG SIM is missing). Can I use a BlackBerry SIM in a Sony Ericsson and be able to call and text without incurring any extra charges? I understand that invoking the browser and other web-based content will generate extra charges however.
    02-19-11 07:40 AM
    Most networks (as far as I know) won't allow you to use a Blackberry-specific, data-enabled SIM in any other phone, or at least without incurring a few charges along the way. There are probably a few networks and services, particularly PAYG services, that will look the other way, but typically you should either get yourself a cheap 'berry for the while (or a loaner if you can), or do without BBM for a few days.
    02-19-11 08:21 AM
    Generally there will be no problem in switching the sims at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 06:58 PM
    I appreciate the thread is 2 and a half months old, however an update on this. I did use the SIM in the Sony Ericsson. I did end up with an extra charge though because I dialled a premium number off my contract SIM by accident (thought it was my PAYG SIM, both look the same and both are with O2).
    05-01-11 06:21 PM
    i'm pretty sure you can use your Blackberry sim card for calls and text with an unlocked sony device.
    06-23-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD