11-07-14 10:09 AM
    Will this really happen? Or will Apple find a way around the iCloud issue?
    11-07-14 10:13 AM
    I guess they could just disable iCloud in Russia. But this doesn't explain the timing and the memorial dismantling.
    11-07-14 10:25 AM
    Perhaps the Russian government will buy Blackberry and make it the official smartphone of Russia.
    11-07-14 10:32 AM
    Unless you want the US government knowing everything above you you would steer clear of the apple products. Governments and businesses if smart will banned apple products.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:24 AM
    Yeah. They'll be "banned" just like they were in China. When there were 40 million black market devices active there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Elite1; 11-07-14 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Removed naughty words
    11-07-14 12:32 PM
    Perhaps the Russian government will buy Blackberry and make it the official smartphone of Russia.
    Blackberry already banned here (=
    But I and my friends use it without any problems (=

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 likes this.
    11-07-14 12:54 PM
    The Black market will thrive...time to make some money
    11-07-14 01:07 PM
    The Black market will thrive...time to make some money
    Maybe true, but the another article said that:

"Those in Russia who currently own an iPhone or iPad that supports iCloud, might have to put up with relentless searches from the authorities"

I don't think people are going to want to go through this harassment if authorities now are searching their iphones all the time. Lets see if the black market thrives. Nothing is secure with iphone. All information is handed over to the NSA with no questions asked. Sorry but I will stick my trusted and secure Blackberry!
    11-07-14 01:28 PM
    Iphone won't be banned but Russia may require iCloud servers serving Russian customers to physically reside in Russian territory cause Russia is afraid of Western spying. China demanded and got the same thing.
    11-07-14 06:28 PM
    Yeah. They'll be "banned" just like they were in China. When there were 40 million black market devices active there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yeah and then all they have to is block the ports used by iCloud in-country (totally possible/plausible) . Their are many countries like this globally.

Posted from my Z30
    Last edited by Elite1; 11-07-14 at 07:53 PM.
    11-07-14 06:45 PM
    Iphone won't be banned but Russia may require iCloud servers serving Russian customers to physically reside in Russian territory cause Russia is afraid of Western spying. China demanded and got the same thing.
    I've seen where that wouldn't be prudent or would establish a bad precedent, but I recall the same hoopla over BlackBerry data centers in India and Saudi Arabia etc: "if they cave to the government EVERYONE will want BlackBerry to open their servers to them too! Waaaa" and so forth.

Didn't read where China had Apple servers but I did read where the government was heading towards a ban of iOS products.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:46 PM
    I've seen where that wouldn't be prudent or would establish a bad precedent, but I recall the same hoopla over BlackBerry data centers in India and Saudi Arabia etc: "if they cave to the government EVERYONE will want BlackBerry to open their servers to them too! Waaaa" and so forth.

Didn't read where China had Apple servers but I did read where the government was heading towards a ban of iOS products.

Posted via CB10
    China got what it wanted but since Apple didn't want to give formal access to its encrypted iCloud servers, China decided to hack the traffic before it went into iCloud. China-backed hackers target Apple's iCloud users
    Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iCloud storage service in China was attacked by hackers trying to steal user credentials, a Chinese web monitoring group said, adding that it believes the Beijing government is behind the campaign.

Using what is called a "man-in-the-middle" (MITM) attack, the hackers interposed their own website between users and Apple's iCloud server, intercepting data and potentially gaining access to passwords, iMessages, photos and contacts, Greatfire.org wrote in its blog post.
    I expect Russia has similar plans.
    11-07-14 06:50 PM
    My instinctive response is "Who cares? The focus of thisbsite is BlackBerry products."
    11-07-14 07:45 PM
    China got what it wanted but since Apple didn't want to give formal access to its encrypted iCloud servers, China decided to hack the traffic before it went into iCloud. China-backed hackers target Apple's iCloud users

I expect Russia has similar plans.
    Thanks. I can't help but read this and the ban news as a basic "if we can do it, so can they". Not to mention probably boosting domestic sales for ZTE and Huawei, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:50 PM
    My instinctive response is "Who cares? The focus of thisbsite is BlackBerry products."
    True that.

Thread moved to the Other Platforms News Rumors sub-forum.
    11-07-14 07:58 PM
    Ouch.
    Great Firewall of China and the iRon Curtain...
    :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    11-08-14 10:54 PM
    What's most disturbing about this is that this is obviously in response to Cook's coming out.

It's truly frightening that world leaders as backward/stupid as that have nuclear weapons.
    11-12-14 07:25 PM