First it was the Note7 from Samsung...Now the iPhone 7 too? Sounds like any phone that has a #7 is becoming cursed right now.

iPhone 7 "bursts into flames" and destroys car

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 01:02 PM
    Nah. Phones have always caught fire. People are just now more observant of it in light of the Note7 news. Google 'iphone 6 fire' and you'll see a ton of those too. Pretty much any phone really will turn up some results.
    10-20-16 01:56 PM
    Wow. I guess that's the price we pay for constantly asking for "hotter" features in our phones!

True story: a buddy went to high school with a very active, bouncy type of girl.
    She was a smoker and wore tight pants. While bouncing around one day she managed to light the book of matches she had stowed in her back pocket!

So, phones bursting into flame is just a variation on the theme ...
    10-20-16 02:50 PM
    If BlackBerry is smart, they could put two burnt phones in an ad and then reveal the two brands behind them. Then say BlackBerry, secure and quality systems.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 05:13 PM
    If BlackBerry is smart, they could put two burnt phones in an ad and then reveal the two brands behind them. Then say BlackBerry, secure and quality systems.

Posted via CB10
    any then someone reports a BB caught fire....
    10-20-16 07:03 PM
    any then someone reports a BB caught fire....

https://www.google.ca/search?q=black...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    10-20-16 07:24 PM
    yep that is the first incident that comes to mind
    10-20-16 07:44 PM
    yep that is the first incident that comes to mind
    Or not.
    10-20-16 08:14 PM
    BlackBerry should rename the DTEK60 the Phoenix and have an add where it appears out of the ashes of an iPhone 7 and Galaxy Note 7. "Out of the ashes the Phoenix is born".

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 08:27 PM
    I'm not so sure Chen wants to proclaim the DTEK60 is un-burnable.

He claimed the Passport was un-bendable and that sort of came back to bite him, didn't it?
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-21-16 07:09 AM
    BlackBerry should rename the DTEK60 the Phoenix and have an add where it appears out of the ashes of an iPhone 7 and Galaxy Note 7. "Out of the ashes the Phoenix is born".

Posted via CB10
    That would backfire really bad in Canada because of the ongoing problems with the Government Phoenix payroll system.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    10-21-16 07:19 AM
    Fire or no fire, I first got burned when I bought a playbook for full price.
    howarmat and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-21-16 07:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, like when Chen guaranteed that the Passport wouldn't bend. That worked out well for him...
    10-21-16 10:13 AM
    That would backfire really bad in Canada because of the ongoing problems with the Government Phoenix payroll system.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    Wow, Dude, you are SO right! I have 35 years in software maintenance / development, much of the time working on timekeeping and payroll systems. I feel the pain for those poor buggers trying to straighten out THAT mess!

That project went off the rails and into a DEEP swamp!!!!

I do like the play on words otherwise, it appeals to my love of awful puns.
    10-21-16 10:25 AM