• 1 Post By JIVE8900
  • 2 Post By dbmalloy
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs down Zello won't support BB10

I don't how many people uses Zello, but it is a very useful PTT software, I use it everyday on my bold. I ask them if the will support bb10 and just like whatsapp they said:

Al McZeal Los Angeles
    12/17 14:35 Not at this time. Thank You!

I really think BB10 needs all the comunication apps out there. That is the most important launch on their history. Zello, Tango, Whatsapp, Skype, Loudtalks, all of them.
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-18-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I believe that it's up to the developer to either provide their app or not. I, persona;lly, have never heard of this one, so its absence won't mean heartbreak for me.

BB10 promises to be the best communication device on the market. If a given app isn't there, I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of its developer.
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    digitalman101 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,020 Global Posts

Your title appeared to have been truncated on posting? Must be a CrackBerry bug. ;-)

Zello won't support BB10 (at this time)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2151F248

Emmm, like BlaIze say in another post... We need to look at the good things, and the comming for BB10, i'm pretty sure, once, devs, see the success of BB10, will put they apps available to the platafform. Dont panic
    Live Long and Prosper!
    Thanked by:
    RubberChicken76 (12-18-2012) 
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Do we really need a thread for every obscure developer who has not announced they are working on BB10?
    kbz1960 and TRlPPlN like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Impressively short reply from the developer. Makes you think they don't care as much about BB10 as I don't care about them being on it.

Who the heck is Zello anyway? ... actually, if they won't support BB10, I don't care who they are.

Si.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    Do we really need a thread for every obscure developer who has not announced they are working on BB10?
    It surprises me that in a port-A-thon they suddenly add 4000 apps in just 36 hours. They keep adding apps and apps in thousands, how obscure and unknown those developers are if after thousands of apps added, none of them are the alternative popular message apps.

What are those thousands of apps added recently then!, who are those people?
    CrackBerry User

At this point in the game, I don't think apps from relatively small developers that are omitted from bb10 at launch are out because the developers don't want them on the platform. For some its a wait and see thing and for some it maybe that the app is not welcomed on the platform. I came across this link and I'm not sure to what end someone would put this up but you guys can let me know if there is any merit in it Whats Up With WhatsApp? A Summary Of The Recent Security Flaws For The Ignorant User | Winston Smith
    undone likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Just because a developer has "no plans" right now to develop an app does not mean they will not havre something committed at launch or thereafter.....
    Thanked by:
    RubberChicken76 (12-18-2012) 
    sk8er_tor and silversun10 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Well they do have an api of some sorts. And a SDK with C++ support.

So, doesn't mean some developer couldn't try to make a BB10 client.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBit2011 View Post
    Emmm, like BlaIze say in another post... We need to look at the good things, and the comming for BB10, i'm pretty sure, once, devs, see the success of BB10, will put they apps available to the platafform. Dont panic
    Panic is what developers (who didnt do it) will do when BB10 launches. Always better to be on the train then under it.
    'The frontier between hell and heaven is only the difference between two ways of looking at things.' - George Bernard Shaw
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by morpho4444 View Post
    It surprises me that in a port-A-thon they suddenly add 4000 apps in just 36 hours. They keep adding apps and apps in thousands, how obscure and unknown those developers are if after thousands of apps added, none of them are the alternative popular message apps.

What are those thousands of apps added recently then!, who are those people?
    Possibly most are filler apps... So I am expecting lot of fart games. :-(
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by JIVE8900 View Post
    At this point in the game, I don't think apps from relatively small developers that are omitted from bb10 at launch are out because the developers don't want them on the platform. For some its a wait and see thing and for some it maybe that the app is not welcomed on the platform. I came across this link and I'm not sure to what end someone would put this up but you guys can let me know if there is any merit in it Whats Up With WhatsApp? A Summary Of The Recent Security Flaws For The Ignorant User | Winston Smith
    Interesting read. Makes you wonder what other third party apps have the same basic issue.
    'The frontier between hell and heaven is only the difference between two ways of looking at things.' - George Bernard Shaw
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

" I don't how many people uses Zello, but it is a very useful PTT software, I use it everyday on my bold............"

Zello channels

If you use it every day I'm sure you have seen their "popular channels" page(see above link). That page shows approx how many people use Zello, it's not many, between 1(one) and 8(eight) people on the top 3(three) channels.

What channel do you use?

EDIT: Apparently Zello is NOT 100% free. More than 5(five) users is $4 to $10/month.
    You did not know this OP???
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B5A11B6

Default Zello won't support BB10

PTT software? do u guys actually need this app?
    the workaround for this app is simple.
    here's how and why..
    and why i don't find it necessary is because i know i can send voice note thru bbm... and it's quite fun too... u guys should try it. plus u can set it to auto save all the voicenotes in media. hence u can recall the voicenotes whenever u need it.
    u just take turn to send voicenote (like PTT) to your friends and wait for the reply..
    cool or cool..

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    _______________jf

Wielding a BlackBerry STA100-2.

BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..

: subscribe to C001190A9
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    " I don't how many people uses Zello, but it is a very useful PTT software, I use it everyday on my bold............"

Zello channels

If you use it every day I'm sure you have seen their "popular channels" page(see above link). That page shows approx how many people use Zello, it's not many, between 1(one) and 8(eight) people on the top 3(three) channels.

What channel do you use?

EDIT: Apparently Zello is NOT 100% free. More than 5(five) users is $4 to $10/month.
    You did not know this OP???
    I dont use the "channels" I use it to communicate between Android and IOS users, and me. So far is 100% free for me.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morpho4444 View Post
    I don't how many people uses Zello, but it is a very useful PTT software, I use it everyday on my bold. I ask them if the will support bb10 and just like whatsapp they said:

Al McZeal Los Angeles
    12/17 14:35 Not at this time. Thank You!

I really think BB10 needs all the comunication apps out there. That is the most important launch on their history. Zello, Tango, Whatsapp, Skype, Loudtalks, all of them.
    I commend the effort. . .I still think folks should communicate their desire for support of BB10. . .regardless of how popular or well know the app is. . .worst case being your just raising awareness and heck maybe with enough nosie you can actually get the app you want on BB10. . .maybe. . .go for it!
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and . . .
    Pandora®: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    you can also visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs for the apps you want . . .Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!