Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 still selling out in Canada?

Did a quick store availability search on thesource.ca. It's sold out in the majority of stores in a 200km radius of london ontario. How is this possible? Surely this can't be a supply issue bc Waterloo is literally a stones throw from all these stores. Is it still selling like crazy a month and a half since release?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hopefully that is the case! Keep in mind Waterloo doesn't produce them all so that doesn't necessarily make a difference.

Posted via CB10

Very strong demand in all launched countries so far … Blackberry must be manufacturing them as fast as possible to keep up ….
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinomane View Post
    Did a quick store availability search on thesource.ca. It's sold out in the majority of stores in a 200km radius of london ontario. How is this possible? Surely this can't be a supply issue bc Waterloo is literally a stones throw from all these stores. Is it still selling like crazy a month and a half since release?
    Sold out in London, ON does not mean sold out in Canada. As you said you are very close to Waterloo, and It is normal to see a lot of demand from the Waterloo and surrounding region...

Posted via CB10
    Starcraft 2 TV - Watch Professional SC2 games on Demand: http://bit.ly/18Pxrqj
    Join our channel: C001242DE
    CrackBerry Addict

Also the restocking time is quite low so they are probably not stocking a lot of units up front.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

I called Rogers to order my phone and just got my Z10 yesterday. When I called the CSR mentioned that the Z10 is in very tight supply and at times has run out of stock and could not guarantee me one quickly. However I did get mine and my wife's in a timely manner.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Why do people refuse to believe a sell out does not equal some form of positive demand!
    All this angling of various answers is a bit much at times! A sell out equals demand!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koolrosh View Post
    Sold out in London, ON does not mean sold out in Canada. As you said you are very close to Waterloo, and It is normal to see a lot of demand from the Waterloo and surrounding region...

Posted via CB10
    no its not, everywhere in Canada people have been shifting towards iPhone and Androids the Waterloo area is no different
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,854 Global Posts

From my 3 data points.
    I can tell you that out of 30 TheSource stores in my area (Toronto).
    At least 1 phone has been sold in the last 48 hours.
    At least 60 phones have been sold in the last month.
    Some stores have gotten restocked at least once since launch.

These are of course only lower bounds. Not upper bounds.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    From my 3 data points.
    I can tell you that out of 30 TheSource stores in my area (Toronto).
    At least 1 phone has been sold in the last 48 hours.
    At least 60 phones have been sold in the last month.
    Some stores have gotten restocked at least once since launch.

These are of course only lower bounds. Not upper bounds.
    Interesting, I've been keeping track of TheSource.ca as well. I look at specifically the black + white Bell Z10 listings.

Is that 1 phone sold out of 30 TheSource stores you're watching, or 1 each store?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,940 Global Posts

With respect The Source is not where many people shop for phones even if they stock them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

well of the 13 stores here in Edmonton, their online site says for black 5 are sold out, 1 has 4 in stock, 6 has 1 in stock and 1 has 2 in stock. The whites are sold out in all of them. I'd say that's not bad at all.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

My wife just upgraded from a iphone 4 to a white Z10. It was sold out at a Rogers store in Richmond BC. It was in stock from Rogers directly via calling in.

In either case, I'd say it's pretty good demand if it is sold out a month after launch.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Tinomane (03-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Acumenight View Post
    My wife just upgraded from a iphone 4 to a white Z10. It was sold out at a Rogers store in Richmond BC. It was in stock from Rogers directly via calling in.

In either case, I'd say it's pretty good demand if it is sold out a month after launch.

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome news.
    Banned

The Source has no stock of the Z10 in most if its gta stores it seems. Had a look at Best Buy and it looks like they are in the same situation.

Future Shop seems to have lots of off-contract z10s.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Acumenight View Post

Posted via CB10
    Stores are definitely selling out and reordering stock but there isn't a supply issue. You can find stock in any Canadian city today if you really want one. The demand is still high, word of mouth is excellent and marketing is heavy.

The amazing part is the z10 sightings. Yesterday I saw 2 people at the gym with z10, and one on the way to work. Many friends also confirm its their next purchase.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,926 Global Posts

So are they "selling out" or are they just still sold out from the initial push?

All of those online inventory systems are sketchy at best, I'd only use them as a very rough guideline.

Its in the same vein as saying "the HP Touchpad is still selling out".

FWIW There hasn't been a day since launch that I couldn't walk into a local store and grab a Z10. So either they're not selling at all here, or they're reapplying really good.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    Banned

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

I just did my anylisis BlackBerry sold about 2 devices both UK and Canada that is very good

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,543 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    So are they "selling out" or are they just still sold out from the initial push?

All of those online inventory systems are sketchy at best, I'd only use them as a very rough guideline.

Its in the same vein as saying "the HP Touchpad is still selling out".

FWIW There hasn't been a day since launch that I couldn't walk into a local store and grab a Z10. So either they're not selling at all here, or they're reapplying really good.
    Most stores I frequent seem to get stock pretty regularly and seem to move stock quite well. I'm with you in that 'sell-out' is a pointless metric.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

A sell out partly means that particular manager just did a bad job. The goal of these stores (and of Blackberry) is to never have a sell out. And even if you see a sell out, it could be not because of really high demand but because stock is getting diverted to another market. I suspect Z10s are either getting stockpiled in the US now or are at very least in transit to the US. I'm guessing that the US market for high end phones by itself is comparable to all the other markets Blackberry has launched in so far. And if it is less, then I'm at least confident the US market is at least 50% of the total. So there needs to be a significant diversion of supply to get ready for launch day here in the US.

But sell outs are still a good sign. So keep up the investigations. It is interesting to hear about it.
    CrackBerry User

I couldn't resist asking at the Wireless kiosk of my local Costco in Ottawa. Both young sales clerks were very positive on the Z10 and said that it was the best selling phones (both colors) for a while now. They were not sold out but supply was tight and they were told to not sell off contract, which sounded rare to them.

The transform cases were sold out as that is ml what most of their customers were buying.

I was quite surprised by the reaction and news. Funny thing is, they also said a lot of people have come around asking about the sales of the Z10. They assumed that they were all BlackBerry employees but I am not

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by rdcanuck View Post
    I couldn't resist asking at the Wireless kiosk of my local Costco in Ottawa. Both young sales clerks were very positive on the Z10 and said that it was the best selling phones (both colors) for a while now. They were not sold out but supply was tight and they were told to not sell off contract, which sounded rare to them.

The transform cases were sold out as that is ml what most of their customers were buying.

I was quite surprised by the reaction and news. Funny thing is, they also said a lot of people have come around asking about the sales of the Z10. They assumed that they were all BlackBerry employees but I am not

Posted via CB10
    I had the same reaction at a futureshop when I was buying a car kit.