Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 - phone in hand date?

I've been away from the forums for a while and I haven't been able to find this info .... if it has been confirmed yet.

When is the 'phone in hand' date?

I already have the countdown timer app on my 9700 .... but I understand that could be the announcement date and that the phones availability might be further down the road.

Any info confirmed yet?

tia
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

All the information you're looking for will be announced on January 30th. Any information you hear/read before that is just a rumor.

In other words, we have no idea, but we'll find out soon.
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (01-11-2013) 
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Phone in hand date being announced January 30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thanks....confirmed what I thought.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30da94fd

I would expect the EARLIEST to be Feb 1st and that's to say that they ship the phones out on the 30th. I doubt they will ship the phones to the stores any sooner with how well kept this all has been. I remember when the storm 2 came out, it was announced OFFICIALLY and 2 days later available. That was a monday and wednesday but what's wrong with a Friday release?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,462 Global Posts

I remember when the 9800 came to AT&T we heard from CrackBerrians who work at AT&T stores that boxes were arriving at the stores from RIM that they were not allowed to open until such and such a date. We might start to hear some of that soon
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,905 Global Posts

First date shown on the BlackBerry Experience Forum, which was posted a few days ago, showed FEB 4TH!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Z10 - phone in hand date?

Within February I guess for Northern America and Europe. And March for rest of the world. I guess
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBF354

It's ultimately up to the individual carriers. But would be nice to have a standard launch similar to the iPhone.
    Banned

PIN
    Ask nicely

Pure speculation, but I think Feb 14 is realistic. Keep in mind that they have to market a brand new OS, if there is no time to market, the phone won't sell.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Peevish View Post
    Pure speculation, but I think Feb 14 is realistic. Keep in mind that they have to market a brand new OS, if there is no time to market, the phone won't sell.
    There are going to be stages of demand though, you have the people that already know about and want bb10 who want need that marketing, so the odds are that it will be in the shops as fast as the carriers want it there, so the marketing that goes on will be further boosted by bb fans evengelising about their lovely new bb10 phones.
    CrackBerry Master

BB10 release date is carrier dependent. If carriers detect a demand for BB10 they will release it asap rather than lose a competitive advantage to another carrier. Some carriers in Canada are allowing reservations for the BB10. This is a very easy, and clever, way of forecasting demand. If demand is strong they will release BB10 sooner rather than later.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

The leaked pic from Bell here in Canada seems to suggest Feb. 28th for them...

Bell Canada Launch Date and Price of BlackBerry 10 Leaks - N4BB

Hopefully it's sooner!
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    CrackBerry Abuser

And cheaper
    CrackBerry Addict

A buddy of mine is testing the phones out for a large "business." he told me is rep said Feb. 4th for Canadian stores.
    CrackBerry Master

Hopefully it's sooner!
    And cheaper
    Z10 - phone in hand date?-discount.jpg
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

My husband works at a Best Buy Mobile store. He says they will likely not get release date or pricing until launch date or at most a couple of days before. He says that's how apple did theirs so that's what they are assuming bb will do too. However, his manager has seen the phone at one of their conferences and is very excited about it.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BB.David View Post
    It's ultimately up to the individual carriers. But would be nice to have a standard launch similar to the iPhone.
    Exactly. Don't bet on knowing on the 30th when it will be released by any carrier. Truth is no one may say on the 30th when they will release it. While that would suck, it could be a possibility.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB.David View Post
    or a launch better then the iphone. Why can't it be? I'm not saying sales. But it IS launching in 6 cities worldwide, 150 carriers on first generation of the OS. I believe this must be some kind of record????
    CrackBerry Genius

RIM may announce the new platform and phones, but I bet they won't say a word about dates and prices during their event. Instead, as how it usually goes, the carriers will follow the RIM BB10 event with their own separate press release announcements telling us their intent to carry the phones and then state the pricing and availability dates.

That's what they've always done before.

Joel
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeldf View Post
    RIM may announce the new platform and phones, but I bet they won't say a word about dates and prices during their event. Instead, as how it usually goes, the carriers will follow the RIM BB10 event with their own separate press release announcements telling us their intent to carry the phones and then state the pricing and availability dates.

That's what they've always done before.
    They have confirmed pricing and availability dates will be given on January 30 at the launch events.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    or a launch better then the iphone. Why can't it be? I'm not saying sales. But it IS launching in 6 cities worldwide, 150 carriers on first generation of the OS. I believe this must be some kind of record????
    It won't be launching on all those carriers right away though, there will obviously be prioritisation towards the markets where they need sales sooner, although the USA would fit into that list and their carriers are so slow that there is almost zero chance they are one of the first few to have devices in the stores.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts

Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx6 View Post
    And cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by W Hoa View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	discount.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	131026
    Agree! That price is out of this world... hopefully that's for the 64GB version. A $799 MSRP price compares to the 32GB iPhone 5. Not sure RIM can pull off that pricing considering what is at stake (also, see: PlayBook launch).

Bring on the discounts!
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts

I've noticed with all the release talk I have not seen any comment from anybody from CrackBerry. I am guessing that they have some knowledge and cannot comment. Or maybe they have no idea and do not care. Who knows! I wish someone that actually does have a little knowledge would laid it down.