Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    Dragon Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    I seem to remember that the original specs said it would support a 32 gig card. Maybe its an upgrade. I also remmeber Kevin saying that if you format a 64 gig card it would work fine but specs only showed support for 32 gig
    You will note that while people were able to get the Z10 to support 64GB on a MicroSDXC card, it required re-formatting the card in the device.

The SD card standard has 3 current generations:

• SDSC: Max capacity 2-4GB, preformatted FAT16 filesystem.
    • SDHC: Max capacity 32GB, preformatted FAT32 filesystem.
    • SDXC: Max capacity 2TB, preformatted ExFAT filesystem.

RIM only licensed ExFAT from Microsoft last September, so my guess is that ExFAT support didn't get into the initial BB10 release. Which would explain that while the hardware itself supports the larger cards, SDXC cards at present need to be reformatted first (presumably with FAT32 filesystem) for them to work in a Z10.

I'm guessing that the version of BB10 that will ship on US phones will have ExFAT support already enabled, which would explain the 64GB card which would be necessary to test/certify the SDXC functionality.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have been on business in Taiwan since my birthday, January 30. I return April 15. My last of my 5 Verizon contracts for a 9930 can upgrade mid March. I just hope BlackBerry and Verizon will be ready for my homecoming.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Its so sad/cute that there are still people in the frame of mind I was in up until Feb 4
    dude im dying here.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

Quote Originally Posted by aega7 View Post
    Sprint client for over 13 years (personal and business) Sprint decisions are going to put them on bk...no z18?, moving out.
    The Z18!? wow ! i want that !!!! forget the z10!!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3274f701

Well I have been a Sprint customer for over 15 years and I am switching to T-Mobile since they will carry the Z10. Sprint is on a downward spiral.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

well i finally got time to go through the FCC paperwork. Such a Joyous occasion. VZW customers rejoice. She has dual antenna's. Bottom one is CDMA and wifi and all and the top one is all of them including LTE. Talk and browse is a GO. Poor iPhone5 users haha.
    Thanked by 2:
    Camelhmpz (02-27-2013),  surrealsounds (02-27-2013) 
    frannip likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    well i finally got time to go through the FCC paperwork. Such a Joyous occasion. VZW customers rejoice. She has dual antenna's. Bottom one is CDMA and wifi and all and the top one is all of them including LTE. Talk and browse is a GO. Poor iPhone5 users haha.
    Are you lying to us or is this fact? Can anyone one else say?
    Dragon Slayer

VZW would be insane to market modern LTE devices that can't use the LTE radio independent of CDMA.

AT&T in particular in the USA has been taking good advantage of the fact that VZW's 3G devices can't do simultaneous voice/data. I'd imagine one of the primary objectives of Verizon's early push into LTE was to erase that particular advantage that the GSM carriers had over them in the USA.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Z10 Model STL100-4 Shows Up at FCC

Quote Originally Posted by beastberry_10 View Post
    Are you lying to us or is this fact? Can anyone one else say?
    Ya. Was overlooking the docs, they tested SVLTE.

Z10 Model STL100-4 Shows Up at FCC-imageuploadedbycb-forums1362028657.304070.jpg
    Dragon Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPCS View Post
    Ya. Was overlooking the docs, they tested SVLTE.
    Interesting, thanks.

I wonder if the fact that it's not showing simultaneous WiFi 5Ghz and Mobile Hotspot is because the hotspot is already using the 5Ghz radio, or because the Mobile Hotspot only works on 2.4Ghz.

I'd love a hotspot feature that could work on 5Ghz because 2.4Ghz is often so congested in some places you can't find an open channel to transmit on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12