- 02-25-13, 10:15 PM #26
The SD card standard has 3 current generations:
- SDSC: Max capacity 2-4GB, preformatted FAT16 filesystem.
- SDHC: Max capacity 32GB, preformatted FAT32 filesystem.
- SDXC: Max capacity 2TB, preformatted ExFAT filesystem.
RIM only licensed ExFAT from Microsoft last September, so my guess is that ExFAT support didn't get into the initial BB10 release. Which would explain that while the hardware itself supports the larger cards, SDXC cards at present need to be reformatted first (presumably with FAT32 filesystem) for them to work in a Z10.
I'm guessing that the version of BB10 that will ship on US phones will have ExFAT support already enabled, which would explain the 64GB card which would be necessary to test/certify the SDXC functionality.
- CrackBerry User
02-26-13, 07:36 AM #27
- 10 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I have been on business in Taiwan since my birthday, January 30. I return April 15. My last of my 5 Verizon contracts for a 9930 can upgrade mid March. I just hope BlackBerry and Verizon will be ready for my homecoming.
- 02-27-13, 10:23 PM #31
well i finally got time to go through the FCC paperwork. Such a Joyous occasion. VZW customers rejoice. She has dual antenna's. Bottom one is CDMA and wifi and all and the top one is all of them including LTE. Talk and browse is a GO. Poor iPhone5 users haha.
- 02-28-13, 12:00 AM #33
VZW would be insane to market modern LTE devices that can't use the LTE radio independent of CDMA.
AT&T in particular in the USA has been taking good advantage of the fact that VZW's 3G devices can't do simultaneous voice/data. I'd imagine one of the primary objectives of Verizon's early push into LTE was to erase that particular advantage that the GSM carriers had over them in the USA.
- 02-28-13, 03:05 AM #35
I wonder if the fact that it's not showing simultaneous WiFi 5Ghz and Mobile Hotspot is because the hotspot is already using the 5Ghz radio, or because the Mobile Hotspot only works on 2.4Ghz.
I'd love a hotspot feature that could work on 5Ghz because 2.4Ghz is often so congested in some places you can't find an open channel to transmit on.
- By motrv8d in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 06-04-09, 01:12 AM
- By motrv8d in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 06-03-09, 05:52 PM
- By mattpwhite20 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 8Last Post: 05-23-09, 09:46 PM
- By Brunosdad1 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 5Last Post: 02-08-09, 08:54 AM
- By Brunosdad1 in forum T-MobileReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-09, 08:54 PM