Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Model STL100-4 Shows Up at FCC

The STL100-4 has popped up on the FCC's website which means it's finally FCC-approved! This is the Verizon version of the Z10. Hopefully this means a release is coming soon. This is the last of the Z10 models to get FCC approval - all others cleared back on Dec 30. It has LTE Band 13 only, so unfortunately for Sprint users there is still no CDMA version of the phone out there that supports Sprint's LTE bands so it looks like Verizon will be the exclusive CDMA carrier to get the Z10 unless BlackBerry is working on another model they haven't announced yet.

FCC Link
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    00stryder (02-25-2013),  Adam Zeis (02-25-2013),  Alex_Hong (02-25-2013),  chi-town311 (02-25-2013),  jdgarrido (02-25-2013),  jimpilot (02-25-2013),  SixStringMadness (02-25-2013),  Thachoc1 (02-25-2013),  VeGiTo (02-25-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,707 Global Posts

Good news indeed.

Posted via CB10
    Be nice, it's free.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,489 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

The lack of the Sprint LTE band, adds more truth to the rumor/fact of them not carrying the Z10. Sux to be them. Sounds like more business lost for Sprint in the long run. Tisk, tisk, tisk.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A1F88E

Let the games begin
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Finally, a little hope on the horizon for Verizon users. I love Verizon, but man do I wish they had just gone with GSM. It would make everyone's life easier.
    CrackBerry User

just glad to see we are getting closer here in the US to get this phone. Getting a little down due to EVERYONE else having this phone.....maybe if i go to sleep this nightmare will be over and i will have my z10 in hand...
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm very happy to hear that the FCC finally approved this phone.

As a Sprint Customer, I'm highly annoyed that they are not looking into carrying the Z10 in any form or fashion.
    tryfe and Jon Tessler like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three

I am a little bit suprised that it took this long for the FCC to kick out this device. I hope its coming soon. There is an ad on EBAY for an unlocked Q10 on Verizon and they promise a ship date of 3/2 to 3/6 Current Bid ia 2000.00
    BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Q10 New Latest Smartphone Z10 Other Auction | eBay
    This is the Z10 auction at about 800 right now

BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Z10 New Latest Smartphone Q10 Other Auction | eBay
    Last edited by travaz; 02-25-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Sprint client for over 13 years (personal and business) Sprint decisions are going to put them on bk...no z18?, moving out.
    tryfe, Jake2826 and Jon Tessler like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa21 View Post
    just glad to see we are getting closer here in the US to get this phone. Getting a little down due to EVERYONE else having this phone.....maybe if i go to sleep this nightmare will be over and i will have my z10 in hand...
    Anyone know the normal time from FCC to Verizon release?
    CrackBerry Abuser

The seller is also stating that this phone won't be available to ship from him until the end of March and this via his connections at VZ. This means that it won't hit VZ until some time in April for the states, hopefully this isn't true but I wouldn't bet on it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

That is pathetic. He is basically saying you may get the phone a little before it goes on sale. Claims an April release date for all US Carriers. Seriously, $2,000 for a Q10 that will be released a couple of weeks later. Man, some people have no patience.

Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    I am a little bit suprised that it took this long for the FCC to kick out this device. I hope its comiong soon. There is an ad on EBAY for an unlocked Q10 on Verizon and they promise a ship date of 3/2 to 3/6 Current Bid ia 2000.00
    BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Q10 New Latest Smartphone Z10 Other Auction | eBay
    This is the Z10 auction at about 800 right now

BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Z10 New Latest Smartphone Q10 Other Auction | eBay
    citystars41 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Good news to start off the week
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Z10 Model STL100-4 Shows Up at FCC

I always wondered why this was a single band LTE phone. To stick it to Sprint? Haha. *sigh*
    CrackBerry Abuser

as a sprint customer also, I am sad that sprint won't do the right thing and carry the Z10. if you look at the sprint community forum people are PISSED about it, and the line to walk out the door is getting longer. I have had both ATT and Verizon in the past, and went with sprint because they had the best deal. I have already decided even though i have 6 months left on my contract for both my phones, as soon as TMO releases the Z10, i am going to get it and say goodbye to Sprint.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tessler View Post
    as a sprint customer also, I am sad that sprint won't do the right thing and carry the Z10. if you look at the sprint community forum people are PISSED about it, and the line to walk out the door is getting longer. I have had both ATT and Verizon in the past, and went with sprint because they had the best deal. I have already decided even though i have 6 months left on my contract for both my phones, as soon as TMO releases the Z10, i am going to get it and say goodbye to Sprint.
    You've got the right idea my friend. I have had Sprint since 2007 and have seen them remove services that the customers benefited from (Sprint Premier Program comes to Mind), Marginal customer service, and this anchor of a deal with Apple. Which is completely beyond me considering that it has not turned a profit for them to this point.

Back on Subject though: This is good news, VZW is the largest carrier in the States, so having a crack at 100 Million+ users, I'm all for it. I hope that a ton of them purchase the phone.

I will be extremely pissed if the Q10 takes too long on Sprint, as that is what I'm truly waiting for.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,531 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

Perhaps this will finally put to rest all the conspiracy theorists that keep spewing imaginative fantasies about why the US launch was delayed.

I had previously read an article from a credible mobile industry publication that suggested that there was some kind of delay getting the CDMA version of the Z10 through the certification process. I'm guessing VZW made it clear to BBRY that they were not interested in being penalized with a late Z10 intro on their network compared to their GSM competitors just because the FCC dragged their feet on the technical certification part of the qualification process.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and I may Share

Let's hope that this was one of the last pieces of the puzzle for Verizon to get this bad boy out the door. Let the pre-orders start soon. Get the training going and the marketing and get this thing in my hand sooner rather than later!!!!
    jimpilot and frannip like this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,641 Global Posts

Its so sad/cute that there are still people in the frame of mind I was in up until Feb 4
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,574 Global Posts

I notice the FCC specs show a 64 gig memory card.
    CrackBerry Addict

I doubt that will be shipping. I bet it was to sample the possible interference with a memory card.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    Perhaps this will finally put to rest all the conspiracy theorists that keep spewing imaginative fantasies about why the US launch was delayed.

I had previously read an article from a credible mobile industry publication that suggested that there was some kind of delay getting the CDMA version of the Z10 through the certification process. I'm guessing VZW made it clear to BBRY that they were not interested in being penalized with a late Z10 intro on their network compared to their GSM competitors just because the FCC dragged their feet on the technical certification part of the qualification process.
    Yes i thought I read somewhere that this was the main reason for the delay. Verizon didn't want to be left out.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three

Quote Originally Posted by jimpilot View Post
    I notice the FCC specs show a 64 gig memory card.
    I seem to remember that the original specs said it would support a 32 gig card. Maybe its an upgrade. I also remmeber Kevin saying that if you format a 64 gig card it would work fine but specs only showed support for 32 gig
    Thanked by:
    hobbyboy#CB (02-26-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    I seem to remember that the original specs said it would support a 32 gig card. Maybe its an upgrade. I also remmeber Kevin saying that if you format a 64 gig card it would work fine but specs only showed support for 32 gig
    From Jan 30th and since, BBs official site has always stated 64GB support, i waited for their spec release that day before I ordered one... had I known the US still wouldn't have received them I could have waited.
    BergerKing likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast