Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. CASH's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default You were saying about iOS being secure?

    Two computer hackers have been arrested for allegedly using a security breach of AT&T Inc.'s servers to gather email addresses and other personal information of about 120,000 users of Apple Inc.'s iPad, including corporate chiefs, U.S. government officials and Hollywood moguls.
    Two Arrested in iPad Security Breach Through AT&T - WSJ.com
  2. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    23,641 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,215 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #2  

    Default

    I think this happend once before with ATT actually, its not Apples fault in this case, its ATT
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    K Bear (01-19-2011) 
  3. CASH's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Yeah, I was trying to be funny/satirical/that one word with the thread title. I tried following SCrid's How to have the Hottest Thread on CrackBerry rules.

    For the record, I think iOS and Android are secure.
  4. Terrellizme's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    47 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    IOS isnt secure... just hook the iphone up to a linux system and your information will be available in about 5-10mins...

    smh...
    Intellectuals solve problems; Geniuses Prevent them!
    - A. Einstein
  5. jlb21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,577 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,979 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    I think this happend once before with ATT actually, its not Apples fault in this case, its ATT
    That news story is one and the same....this is just saying that they have moved along with arresting and prosecuting, etc.

    And you are right. The breach did not occur on the iPad or any other Apple equipment. It was a server at AT&T that had the issue.
  6. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,446 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CASH View Post
    I tried following SCrid's How to have the Hottest Thread on CrackBerry rules.
    You forgot to shout "BB RULEZ, ANDROID/IPHONE DROOLZ" and the proceed to put on your "flame suit".

    Had you done that..then this thread would be filled with congratulatory slaps on the back and self praising..perhaps even comments suggesting you run for Crackberry President.
  7. scorpiodsu's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)
    #7  

    Default

    This is the story that happened last year. Nothing new. Good try though.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
  8. CASH's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    This is the story that happened last year. Nothing new. Good try though.
    Yes, I knew this. Someone (2 people actually) has been arrested and charged and that is why it's back "in the news." Good try though.
  9. reeneebob's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,653 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,282 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CASH View Post
    Yeah, I was trying to be funny/satirical/that one word with the thread title. I tried following SCrid's How to have the Hottest Thread on CrackBerry rules.

    For the record, I think iOS and Android are secure.
    And SCrid should be slapped for that thread because now the board will be inundated with deliberate troll attempts.

    Thanks SCrid, you are da man.
  10. scorpiodsu's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CASH View Post
    Yes, I knew this. Someone (2 people actually) has been arrested and charged and that is why it's back "in the news." Good try though.
    The title of your thread would suggest that you were presenting something new not something months old. Just an observation. What about the title of the thread being:

    "Two arrested for iPad security breach"? I guess that makes too much sense.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
  11. CASH's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    The title of your thread would suggest that you were presenting something new not something months old. Just an observation. What about the title of the thread being:

    "Two arrested for iPad security breach"? I guess that makes too much sense.
    And steal WSJ's headline?
  12. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CASH View Post
    Yeah, I was trying to be funny/satirical/that one word with the thread title. I tried following SCrid's How to have the Hottest Thread on CrackBerry rules.

    For the record, I think iOS and Android are secure.
    Lol, and another poor impressionable youth learns the danger of following my example. Satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia JK Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    And SCrid should be slapped for that thread because now the board will be inundated with deliberate troll attempts.

    Thanks SCrid, you are da man.
    Do you REALLY think enough people took that seriously that thread seriously? Please don't destroy my residual faith in man's intellectual superiority over other species.

    While the thread title is somewhat dubious, the article itself does have merit. I would deem this thread "post-worthy."

Posting Permissions