Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,823 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twstd.reality View Post
    they did bring their "a" game. the question is how do you make others bring theirs too?
    BB10 and hardware to test on was available to Devs months before Jan 30th by all accounts. Any developer that was serious about BB10 should have had ample opportunity to develop.

To take one example: Crackberry Kevin was so convinced back in October of last year that Instagram would be available at Launch that he promised to give a car to a Crackberry-ite if it wasn't there (it wasn't, and still isn't!). I'm sure he wouldn't have made that pledge unless he'd been given a very strong nod from RIM and some evidence (of a Beta?) that development was underway.

So what's happened?
    Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)

CrackBerry Master

Default Re: YES there will be whatsapp on Blackberry 10

ask the whatsapp devs. you seem to have this confusion that bbry can control what devs do.
    CrackBerry User

Personally just give me decent Face book chat without the lag (15-20min) and I'll be happy. Love the Z10 but anxious for th first updates to roll out.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

This is the mistake BB made before and making it again. I know 100s of people use Viber, Whatsapp and facetime and I tell them to get BB10 and they tell me that great hardware but no apps. All my friends on what'sapp, viber, etc. argument. After that nothing I can do do convience. We have many relatives in UK and they all have iphone. The only reason is apps such as whatsapp, viber and factime. BBM is replacement for facetime but I was hoping that BB would bring other social apps at the launch so people will get bb10, reliaze how better bbm is and then switch to BBM. If BB can not bring these apps to bb10 then just come out and say none of these vendors interested in bb10 and will not be there instead of us hoping, testing patient for years. I am giving next 4 weeks to BB to offer one of these apps after than I can not even say to iphone users to consider bb10 as they will tell me that you have been saying for ever..
    CrackBerry Newbie

just got the BBZ10 today....looking forward to have the official release of whatsapp and skype
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    This is the mistake BB made before and making it again. I know 100s of people use Viber, Whatsapp and facetime and I tell them to get BB10 and they tell me that great hardware but no apps. All my friends on what'sapp, viber, etc. argument. After that nothing I can do do convience. We have many relatives in UK and they all have iphone. The only reason is apps such as whatsapp, viber and factime. BBM is replacement for facetime but I was hoping that BB would bring other social apps at the launch so people will get bb10, reliaze how better bbm is and then switch to BBM. If BB can not bring these apps to bb10 then just come out and say none of these vendors interested in bb10 and will not be there instead of us hoping, testing patient for years. I am giving next 4 weeks to BB to offer one of these apps after than I can not even say to iphone users to consider bb10 as they will tell me that you have been saying for ever..
    Ok. You have to realize that RIM can't MAKE these people build apps for them. Frankly, even if RIM throws ridiculous amounts of money at the company, the company might just say no. You don't know what the relationship is between RIM and these other companies. We know Skype will be coming (confirmed; likely coming soon). We know Whatsapp is coming (confirmed; should be available over the next several weeks). What more do you want? Yes, ideally everything is there at launch, but it's been THREE WEEKS. Windows Phone didn't even get skype for quite a while after Microsoft bought Skype. Check out this link: At long last, Skype comes to Windows Phone 7 | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews Microsoft announced the deal in May 2011 and Gold version for WP7.5 wasn't available till April 2012. Just be glad that BB10 is architectured in a way that let Skype port on with an Android app so quickly.

When you look at Whatsapp, you can see what RIM's doing. Whatsapp had no interests whatsoever to build for BB10. None. Nada. When the tweet came from and said Whatsapp won't be building on BB10, Dev relations went to speak with them and convinced them to build one. RIM asked Whatsapp what they needed and try to facilitate whatever they can.

These companies work on their own release schedules and have people dedicated and hired to work on specific versions (iOS, android, wp, etc.). You can't expect them to turn around over night to start a team just for BB10.
    Thanked by:
    web99 (02-18-2013) 
    web99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    Ok. You have to realize that RIM can't MAKE these people build apps for them. Frankly, even if RIM throws ridiculous amounts of money at the company, the company might just say no. You don't know what the relationship is between RIM and these other companies. We know Skype will be coming (confirmed; likely coming soon). We know Whatsapp is coming (confirmed; should be available over the next several weeks). What more do you want? Yes, ideally everything is there at launch, but it's been THREE WEEKS. Windows Phone didn't even get skype for quite a while after Microsoft bought Skype. Check out this link: At long last, Skype comes to Windows Phone 7 | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews Microsoft announced the deal in May 2011 and Gold version for WP7.5 wasn't available till April 2012. Just be glad that BB10 is architectured in a way that let Skype port on with an Android app so quickly.

When you look at Whatsapp, you can see what RIM's doing. Whatsapp had no interests whatsoever to build for BB10. None. Nada. When the tweet came from and said Whatsapp won't be building on BB10, Dev relations went to speak with them and convinced them to build one. RIM asked Whatsapp what they needed and try to facilitate whatever they can.

These companies work on their own release schedules and have people dedicated and hired to work on specific versions (iOS, android, wp, etc.). You can't expect them to turn around over night to start a team just for BB10.
    + 1. I think we need to be thankful that WhatsApp, Skype, etc are coming to BB10. Even if it means that they may arrive at a later date than what we would like. I am sure that RIM/BlackBerry has done all they can to get them on board, but they don't dictate the timeline of when these apps will be available.
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,922 Global Posts

money talks...

it's coming and it's going to be great because it's going to be a native app
    I LOVE MY 8310 9700 9900 Z10 Z30!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

This is good. Thanks. Now we need dates and a zed10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by web99 View Post
    + 1. I think we need to be thankful that WhatsApp, Skype, etc are coming to BB10. Even if it means that they may arrive at a later date than what we would like. I am sure that RIM/BlackBerry has done all they can to get them on board, but they don't dictate the timeline of when these apps will be available.

You two are thinking from a general consumers perspective. What the original poster said however is somewhat true. RIM, holding a smaller marketshare (by a large margin) than the big 2 (Apple/Samsung), should have considered their decision to keep BBM exclusive a little more carefully, in my opinion.

RIM is missing out on a lot of sales from users who just don't care what brand they're buying into...they care more about what that phone is going to do for them. If RIM even made BBM multi-platform, but made some features exclusive to the BlackBerry hardware platform (BBM Video, BBM Voice, PING!!!'ing others...etc) they could've slowly penetrated their marketshare while retaining their core userbase.

But then again I'm sitting here babbling away on an internet forum while they've probably gone over a thousand different charts related to this issue (I hope)
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,371 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    You two are thinking from a general consumers perspective. What the original poster said however is somewhat true. RIM, holding a smaller marketshare (by a large margin) than the big 2 (Apple/Samsung), should have considered their decision to keep BBM exclusive a little more carefully, in my opinion.

RIM is missing out on a lot of sales from users who just don't care what brand they're buying into...they care more about what that phone is going to do for them. If RIM even made BBM multi-platform, but made some features exclusive to the BlackBerry hardware platform (BBM Video, BBM Voice, PING!!!'ing others...etc) they could've slowly penetrated their marketshare while retaining their core userbase.

But then again I'm sitting here babbling away on an internet forum while they've probably gone over a thousand different charts related to this issue (I hope)
    what did the original poster say
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    what did the original poster say
    Post #54, sorry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Basically what I'm saying is they should've tried to make this phone a "it does everything theirs does, and more!" and making BBM open for other platforms would've been a step in the right direction in my opinion.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

My whatsapp has some weird bug. When I type the letters don't show up in the message box and then I hope that I typed correctly and send the message anyway but the auto correct doesn't work and the message comes out garbled. What should I do?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default No Whatsapp?

I have the lovely Z10 and am crushed that popular apps like shazam and whatsapp aren't available in Blackberry World.

So frustrating.

Love the handset apart from that.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Z10 View Post
    I have the lovely Z10 and am crushed that popular apps like shazam and whatsapp aren't available in Blackberry World.

So frustrating.

Love the handset apart from that.

Yeah I am loving the Blackberry Z10 too! . but patience as the big apps are on their way ..'
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

My question to you then is why did BB even wait until Whatsapp mentioned they weren't working on a BB10 app? Shouldnt Whatsapp been apart of that list of top 100 apps that BB was going to get lol? Im down for the assumption that these apps will come when the device launches in the US but hwat happens when that comes and apps like instagram, kindle, Zynga titles arent there? Here in the US, it cant happen. This brand is so damaged over here. plenty of people wont comes back if these apps are missing.

I would really love to know what they considered the top 100 apps lol...
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

Since yesterday's launch of BB10 in Singapore, I have already seen a few people who were interested in the Z10, but decided to wait till whatsapp is on board. Especially for the Singapore market, whatsapp is a huge app that many rely on. You can randomly grab a person with smartphone and you can be sure that they have whatsapp installed. Its one of the first app that people look for when they buy a new smartphone.

I hope BlackBerry is listening and try to help out whatsapp with whatever they need to push out the app as soon as they can.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    Since yesterday's launch of BB10 in Singapore, I have already seen a few people who were interested in the Z10, but decided to wait till whatsapp is on board. Especially for the Singapore market, whatsapp is a huge app that many rely on. You can randomly grab a person with smartphone and you can be sure that they have whatsapp installed. Its one of the first app that people look for when they buy a new smartphone.

I hope BlackBerry is listening and try to help out whatsapp with whatever they need to push out the app as soon as they can.
    Alex_Hong, All,
    send an email to blackberry-support@whatsapp.com and support@whatsapp.com .
    Put pressure on developers!!
    We understand reasons like "time,hard work to implement...etc etc", but Whatsapp is the most important app to stay connected with others platforms!!
    That's my point of view and I'll work in this way....

Alex
    CrackBerry Genius

Folks, it's coming in March. That's pretty "soon". If people are going to decide to buy an iPhone 5 or Note 2/S3 over BB10 just because Whatsapp is not currently on the platform (with confirmation that IT IS COMING VERY VERY VERY SOON as a NATIVE app), those folks are probably not buying Z10 for the BB10 experience.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Big shame that march have a 31 days....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Must say the lack off whatsapp is a major frustration, especially as it is for many a standard form of mobile communication.

I have just purchased my z10 today,and so far I am really impressed.

Email accounts and other stock applications like LinkedIn were very easy to set up.

In regards to whatsapp, what I am having trouble understanding is how can an app that was available on previous versions of the BB OS, suddenly become unavailable with BB10
    ?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bunyard View Post
    Must say the lack off whatsapp is a major frustration, especially as it is for many a standard form of mobile communication.

Email accounts and other stock applications like LinkedIn were very easy to set up.

In regards to whatsapp, what I am having trouble understanding is how can an app that was available on previous versions of the BB OS, suddenly become unavailable with BB10
    ?
    It will be available next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bunyard View Post

?
    It's because BB10 is a completely different OS than BB7 and those that came before. The 2 OS' have completely different app catalogues.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123