Skype was seen on z10 screen and DID end up being there.
How is it valid to say skype was seen on playbook screen, and skype was seen on z10 screen, and skype was confirmed on z10, but it may not be on z10?
Thats what you are saying
- 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM #28
Considering WP8 is fighting BB10 for third place, it was probably a pretty difficult negotiation with MS to get Skype to even commit. Obviously, the sooner the better, but the fact that they are committed is great. All the more reason for me to ditch Android.....I just need Skype, Whatsapp, and Netflix on the platform when my LE arrives
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM #31
- 4 Posts
Skype plans to offer Skype for #Android on #BlackBerry10 devices. Learn more at: BlackBerry 10 Re-designed Re-engineered and Re-invented - #BB10
- 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM #34
- 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM #35
It's nice to hear so & so is committed, great news don't get me wrong, and it sounds like they will have a good app in the works with some neat features:
* voice calling
* video calling
* instant messaging
* text messaging!
* send files (pics/vids/docs)
* call landlines AND mobiles
With all the above, is there any point in mobile network calling minutes and text bundles??
- CrackBerry Master
01-31-2013, 06:24 PM #36***
- 1,153 Posts
1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
- 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM #37
I haven't been through all of the "When is Skype coming to BlackBerry" threads, but I received a tweet from Alec Saunders that says by the time the new BB10 phones are released in the United States Skype will be available.
@asaunders Skype will be there by the time you can buy the phone.....
- 02-01-2013, 12:49 PM #39
Re: YES there is Skype on blackberry 10
Some of the ones I have are nice enough that I can hardly tell that they are not native, or not at all.
I quiet don't undestand some of the hostility against android ports. Not all of it is bad. They did enhance my PB experience quiet a bit.
- 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM #42
btw, if I remember correctly, Skype wasn't seen actually installed on a PlayBook, it was seen in a mockup of App World.“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- 02-01-2013, 11:50 PM #44
I wrote previously about the importance of the Android app player, and this is another instance in which BB10 without the critical mass of users can attract applications. Yes. We would all prefer a nice cascades version of Skype, but fact of the matter is that these big app vendors won't dedicate resources to a platform that doesn't have a lot of users. As long as the Skype port is functional (I think BlackBerry needs to open up some apis in the ad app player for Skype), I don't really care. Apps that have their own unique ui don't really look like android apps anyways, and the users can't really tell (like flipboard).
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-02-2013, 01:04 AM #45
- 109 Posts
Last edited by playboldbook; 02-02-2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
- 02-02-2013, 02:16 AM #47
- 02-02-2013, 04:12 AM #48
- 02-02-2013, 06:18 AM #50
- By hreiner1 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
- By Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes in forum News & RumorsReplies: 229Last Post: 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM
- By BlackberryTorcher in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM
- By ClassyBOLD in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 2Last Post: 11-05-2012, 09:02 AM
- By mcsemcp in forum News & RumorsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2012, 07:11 PM