Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,236 Global Posts

You dislike BGR, so you start a whole thread to talk about it? lol. I ignore the things in my life I don't like, not draw attention to them.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Thread paper is very rare. Let's not have discussion on a "discussion" forum. :/
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,621 Global Posts

It probably pisses BGR off the most that they have been sourced on an article with a positive spin on blackberry.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    It probably pisses BGR off the most that they have been sourced on an article with a positive spin on blackberry.
    Would that be irony or karma coming back on BGR?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well,it's the old saw,"keep your friends close and your enemies closer ", not to mention, "better to have him inside the tent p ssing out, than outside the tent p ssing in. "
    Thing is : guy calls himself "Boy Genius ". Nobody else calls him that. He does.
    What is he? 30's fer sure.
    And yet he remains a Boy.
    Genius? Self-conferred.
    So, whatcha got is an immature egomaniac, more concerned with artifice than edifice.
    A born follower masquerading as a leader. And worried about what others think of him.
    Nothin' to sweat about.
    He's just a boy.
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: WTF?! Blackberry quotes BGR on their BB10 page!

Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    Well,it's the old saw,"keep your friends close and your enemies closer ", not to mention, "better to have him inside the tent p ssing out, than outside the tent p ssing in. "
    Thing is : guy calls himself "Boy Genius ". Nobody else calls him that. He does.
    What is he? 30's fer sure.
    And yet he remains a Boy.
    Genius? Self-conferred.
    So, whatcha got is an immature egomaniac, more concerned with artifice than edifice.
    A born follower masquerading as a leader. And worried about what others think of him.
    Nothin' to sweat about.
    He's just a boy.
    This is too funny.:thumbup:
    Thanked by:
    G-bone (11-25-2012) 
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,828 Global Posts

I am fairly certain CBers have to be a big source of some his hits. I suspect he LOVES y'all, and hopes the griping continues.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    I am fairly certain CBers have to be a big source of some his hits. I suspect he LOVES y'all, and hopes the griping continues.
    I don't think he has too many real fans anyways. He even takes a beating on his own site and I don't see anyone defending him. What does that tell you? If someone tried the same on Kevin, the entire wrath of CB would come down on them.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neteng1000 View Post
    I don't think he has too many real fans anyways. He even takes a beating on his own site and I don't see anyone defending him. What does that tell you? If someone tried the same on Kevin, the entire wrath of CB would come down on them.
    Oh, yes he does.

Jonathan makes money off hits. He is biased, and does not pretend, because he knows that strong opinion invokes strong reaction. People get so worked up, and it is hilarious. He has figured out that sometimes, being the bad guy reaps financial rewards... like Hulk Hogan LOL. i don't think he gives a flip about the comments; he just wants a lot of them

I bet he sleeps very, very badly when he hasn't riled people up. I hear he is worth 7 figures, but I have no idea how to substantiate it that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neteng1000 View Post
    Who is Kevin
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    One can make that same argument about crackberry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    one can say but if you have pay attention to Bla1ze kevin and adam, they all use different devices not simply blackberrys and they are all relitively unbias to all the products and open to their pros and cons. for them to say BB10 has what it takes is not blind fanboyism its a knowledge of what the different products are and what they have to compare to others. even chris writes business based articles abotu the flaws and downs of RIM and why they are still a high risk to invest in.

to say the crackberry bloggers are bias is like saying i have the biggest don't on the planet, its simply not true. now if you're talkign about the posterson the forums then yes alot of us can be more so bias then others can be but thats why we are users of the devices and why some argue in favour of. i've used all the platforms minus windowsphone8, i've used them but have not had to live with them, i've been a blackberry user for 4 years now and i've never experiensed a single problem with any of mine, but the common consense and reason for leavign is apps and that blackberrys are poor quality and always break which in my experiense is simply not true. it simply seems liek thats the word and when one small thing goes wrong people use that and agree with what others say, spiraling the things way out of proportion
    CrackBerry Genius

I may be showing my silver hairs. Not physically speaking, but mentally.

It’s like civil war. The statement “Brother against Brother” comes to mind.

Before the civil war here in America we were all Brothers. Some older more experienced soldiers may remember that, but those that were born during/after that time only know a split between north and south. There is no other or alternate reality that they can begin to fathom.

BGR used to be very respected by all and informative. They still are depending on your views and platform you use. There was a time when everyone was part of a happy family and plenty of CB articles referenced what he had to say. It was a different time then with great relationships (Before the war). A lot of CB members do not know this or their history together. I personally believe the problem with Gellar and RIM started with his own failed attempts with TG. If you’re asking what TG is, then you were born after the war started and can’t remember when we were Brothers. TweetGenius was his failed sponsored attempt at a Twitter client for BlackBerry Smartphones. IMO, it started fair enough, turned into a money as well as a developer exploitative scheme, and eventually became a rip off to those of us who adopted and supported it. For those new to the game, you could say they pulled a “MobiHand”. People lost access to his proprietary application and the money we paid for it. We came down on him hard. It was at this point, that BGR started his downward spiral against RIM and their products. I can’t say for sure, and it is only my opinion, but I believe he became down on RIM because of his own failures in that market. It was at that point where he started with his negative articles and divisive support for other platforms. He used to be a staunch supporter of our platform before that. He has moved on now, but he also realizes the potential revenue power of the BlackBerry user community. So, with that he will always have something to say about RIM.

To see him inch back into the fold is a good start. RIM also realizes this and is rightfully exploiting it. RIM remembers those days, and is using him to say…. “If even BGR can be swayed back in their thinking, we can also get others in on the party as well”.

This is all just personal opinion though.

I still read BGR. Even if I don’t like everything he states all the time. He may no longer be my Brother, but I still consider him a distant Cousin that I played with as a child in this mobile tech arena. I would be remiss and not giving credit where credit is due if I stated I did not learn a lot from him back in the day. And, he still gets great scoops (again, depending on your preferences/views). RIM did the right thing here.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,828 Global Posts

I remember TG... those were the days LOL.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12