Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B7F5631
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default WTF?! Blackberry quotes BGR on their BB10 page!

Recieved an email today from RIM: "BlackBerry 10: See What's Coming"

BlackBerry 10: It's going to move you.
    Designed to intuitively flow around your needs, BlackBerry® 10 is wowing even our toughest critics with its amazing new features. So, what's got everyone talking?

With BlackBerry 10 you can keep multiple apps open and flow easily between them. Peek in and out of messages when you're waiting for an email. Plus, load pages faster with the powerful, responsive new BlackBerry® Browser.

Explore more ›
    BlackBerry 10 - Official News and Updates at BlackBerry.com - US

Very cool to get an email from RIM about BB10. Then when I go to the page first thing I notice is the picture of the Dev ALPHA device with small print saying "Source BGR". WTF!!!!

Below it reads,
    "BlackBerry 10 smartphones on track for Q1 relea...
    "Over 50 carriers are currently working on lab testing of the new products, and CEO Thorsten Heins..."
    via BGR"

I stopped going to iBGR a long time ago when Johnathon slammed RIM and said Blackberry was DEAD. He is the most biased POS who has done nothing but hate on RIM. Why does RIM have a quote and "advertisement" (feels it advertises that BGR is a valid journalism page) for BGR?

Someone make sense of this.........

Thanks,

Brian
    CrackBerry Master

The answer could be right there in your post:

BlackBerry® 10 is wowing even our toughest critics....
    Thanked by 2:
    00stryder (11-23-2012),  BB10FTW (11-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Yeah, I guess that's what they're trying to get across....I still hate the fact that they'd acknowledge BGR's existence. What a POS website that is.

Really pisses me off every time they post ANYTHING about BlackBerry 10, the picture is always a Dev Alpha A, running the scaled down Playbook OS, with the stock browser page open.

Would be the equivalent of a horrendously biased BlackBerry fanboy site, posting a picture of the iPhone 3GS every time an Apple article/mention was made.
    Remember to RTFM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,068 Global Posts

They have to take every piece of good news they can get to try and counter the global media conspiracy.
    But it is good to know it caught your attention.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

RIM stock price is UP almost 50% in the last 30 days ..... even with BGR bias, so people are opening their eyes to BB10 in a POSITIVE light despite BGR and some other UNenlightened types. They will come around soon enough, they have no choice as the more people dig into BB10 reality the harder it will be to push a negative bias mantra from a select few. It's all good. As W Hoa has so aptly pointed out via " BlackBerry® 10 is wowing even our toughest critics".
    Quote Originally Posted by brian4591 View Post
    Recieved an email today from RIM: "BlackBerry 10: See What's Coming"

BlackBerry 10: It's going to move you.
    Designed to intuitively flow around your needs, BlackBerry® 10 is wowing even our toughest critics with its amazing new features. So, what's got everyone talking?

With BlackBerry 10 you can keep multiple apps open and flow easily between them. Peek in and out of messages when you're waiting for an email. Plus, load pages faster with the powerful, responsive new BlackBerry® Browser.

Explore more ›
    BlackBerry 10 - Official News and Updates at BlackBerry.com - US

Very cool to get an email from RIM about BB10. Then when I go to the page first thing I notice is the picture of the Dev ALPHA device with small print saying "Source BGR". WTF!!!!

Below it reads,
    "BlackBerry 10 smartphones on track for Q1 relea...
    "Over 50 carriers are currently working on lab testing of the new products, and CEO Thorsten Heins..."
    via BGR"

I stopped going to iBGR a long time ago when Johnathon slammed RIM and said Blackberry was DEAD. He is the most biased POS who has done nothing but hate on RIM. Why does RIM have a quote and "advertisement" (feels it advertises that BGR is a valid journalism page) for BGR?

Someone make sense of this.........

Thanks,

Brian
    bluetroll, kozmo68 and Cesare21 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

2 Articles from Telegraph!!! Feck ye. I think Telegraph should conveniently position itself vs Apple fanboy ran Guardian.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,380 Global Posts

The only people who get angry and want to take pitchforks to people are the over-enthusiastic fans. It transcends BlackBerry too.

Corporations are generally way more circumspect. Who has more to gain here? Not really that deep, unless you buy into the us versus them mentality.
    Thanked by 2:
    Blacklatino (11-23-2012),  MADBRADNYC (11-22-2012) 
    morales0416 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,318 Global Posts

Or maybe, juuust maybe, RIM isn't as infantile/juvenile as some of their fans, and won't boycott a mobile news blog for doing their job, which is reporting the news, even when there are only negative stories about RIM to report. Just a thought...
    Thanked by:
    MADBRADNYC (11-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B7F5631
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedBarry View Post
    Or maybe, juuust maybe, RIM isn't as infantile/juvenile as some of their fans, and won't boycott a mobile news blog for doing their job, which is reporting the news, even when there are only negative stories about RIM to report. Just a thought...
    I think you give BGR way too much credit. I find BGR to be very juvenile, did you ever read Johnathan's rant when he didn't get a Dev ALPHA device. He pulled is own post after a day because he was getting flamed so much on his own site. I don't believe BGR should be given the credit of being a valid tech blog. There has been way too many post on their that have been twisted just to bash RIM.

I for one boycott BGR and believe RIM should not acknowledge them as a valid tech blog.
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (11-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

You guys would make some horrible CEO's.

If RIM is capable of getting their toughest critics on THEIR side...what is wrong with that? You think they would want to quote CrackBerry.com in one of their ads? Do you know how biased that seems from someone who may not be a big fan of RIM like pretty much everyone on this site is?

RIM is trying to expand their marketshare, not maintain it.
    Thanked by 2:
    MADBRADNYC (11-22-2012),  walt63 (11-24-2012) 
    MADBRADNYC and 00stryder like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts

BB10 is a gamechanger. If the top dog at Man Eediot Rag can see that through his Apple colored glasses then BB10 must be incredible. A BB10 is my next device and I would be happy just to have it do what I have seen in the demos. Whatever brings the clicks Geller will do it. Have not knowingly clicked his site in years and I feel dirty when I click to it by accident.
    stevetruman likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,334 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

i would think u want your toughest critics to be the first you target..
    Thanked by:
    MADBRADNYC (11-22-2012) 
    MADBRADNYC and walt63 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,068 Global Posts

Any proof or is this just part of the global media conspiracy?
    CrackBerry Genius

Aint this the dude that cryed cause they didnt give him a dev device lol f$$k him been hating on the camp for a while.
    How can he call himself a tech blogger when he degrades a new product thats not even out in dev stage and continously hypes fruit company orange.

I hope RIM carrys on with not giving trolls like him devices.This guy would of caused us serious problems if he had the devs in his hand good thing he never got one.He's only been back tracking to not embarrass himself further.He's been back tracking cause we have made media rounds and looked great and that people have been making positive comments.His hating bandwagon campaign is falling apart this guys just trying to saving face RIMS just taking the publicity either way.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

Default WTF?! Blackberry quotes BGR on their BB10 page!

Quote Originally Posted by Bsavvy View Post
    It seems to me BGR and similar websites may have a "special interest" in particular companies before they post their OPINIONS (ie. stocks). Hence, even if a product like bb10 is awesome and is the next best thing; their opinions may be deliberately untrue because of their stock position in that company or another company. In short, take bull with a grain of salt.
    One can make that same argument about crackberry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    MADBRADNYC (11-22-2012) 
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Aint this the dude that cryed cause they didnt give him a dev device lol f$$k him been hating on the camp for a while.
    How can he call himself a tech blogger when he degrades a new product thats not even out in dev stage and continously hypes fruit company orange.

I hope RIM carrys on with not giving trolls like him devices.This guy would of caused us serious problems if he had the devs in his hand good thing he never got one.He's only been back tracking to not embarrass himself further.He's been back tracking cause we have made media rounds and looked great and that people have been making positive comments.His hating bandwagon campaign is falling apart this guys just trying to saving face RIMS just taking the publicity either way.
    Yes, it is the same cry baby.

BGR may be a bias tech blogger, and he can be critical when it comes to RIM or any other Manufacturer, but he is Still a critic and RIM is I guess Changing his mind on BlackBerry because he's One of the critics that has been WOWED!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I will be honest I dont really know much about BGR though I have seen some stuff that isn't exactly 'center'. The important thing is that RIM is being aggressive with BB10 which is something that I am pleasantly surprised about. We can all remember a time not too long ago when this company wasn't really interested in stepping outside of the comfort zone...
    CrackBerry Genius

The good die young. We all can relate to a great loss.

Everyone remembers that old "Miss Crabtree" down the street that never gave candy on Halloween, and chased small playing children off her lawn.
    She seemed to live forever. Well into your adult status. Driven by hate. Hate for anything at all not related to her.
    While great family members, childhood friends, teachers and even pets have left us. She remained. Purely from the strength of hate.

RIM is being driven to live by supporters who hate anything else, rather than more of a love for it's own. IMO.
    Don't worry, RIM will be here a looooong time......
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    One can make that same argument about crackberry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    The difference is Kevin and the Crackberry team seem to truly love BlackBerry and the BlackBerry community. I feel thier articles are written with no hidden agenda or persuasion. However, maybe BGR and others are just a little late to recognize the potential of BB10 and I guess some criticism can be a good thing.

Global Posts
    10,498 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

LOL. Look, it wasn't that long ago, a lot of you were saying give RIM a break. Right? IMO, as long as it's positive, the source should be irrelevant. As BlackBerry continues the trend to take steps forward, we will hopefully read about others followlng this pattern........leading up to a sucessful launch.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by W Hoa View Post
    The answer could be right there in your post:

BlackBerry® 10 is wowing even our toughest critics....
    Actually what RIM did here is a very smart move...and a slight slap in the face against BGR.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Look at it this way!! Even the most biased rim-hating pundits cannot possibly say anything bad about BB10. Smart move if you ask me
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

HERE'S SOME BRAIN FOOD FOR YA KIDDIES,,, TAKE SMALL BITES & CHEW THOROUGHLY === "syc·o·phant (s k-f nt, s k-) n. A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people..."
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bsavvy View Post
    The difference is Kevin and the Crackberry team seem to truly love BlackBerry and the BlackBerry community. I feel thier articles are written with no hidden agenda or persuasion.
    It is rather naive to think there is no agenda, hidden or otherwise, nor attempt to persuade the readership of CrackBerry.com on the part of any member of the CrackBerry team. Their agenda is attracting readers to the Mobile Nations websites. Whether we are persuaded to buy BlackBerry products and form opinions supportive of the BlackBerry brand and its owner, Research In Motion, is hardly debatable. That said, their primary goal is selling advertising and earning revenue using its members as the commodity being marketed to the various manufacturers. But we know should know this simple truth already. Even CrackBerry Kevin was down on Research In Motion for a period of time although his "faith" seems to have been restored by the High Priests of the Waterloo.
    Thanked by:
    kevinnugent (11-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    It is rather naive to think there is no agenda, hidden or otherwise, nor attempt to persuade the readership of CrackBerry.com on the part of any member of the CrackBerry team. Their agenda is attracting readers to the Mobile Nations websites. Whether we are persuaded to buy BlackBerry products and form opinions supportive of the BlackBerry brand and its owner, Research In Motion, is hardly debatable. That said, their primary goal is selling advertising and earning revenue using its members as the commodity being marketed to the various manufacturers. But we know should know this simple truth already. Even CrackBerry Kevin was down on Research In Motion for a period of time although his "faith" seems to have been restored by the High Priests of the Waterloo.
    You are right, thanks for the insight. However, my point was some websites seem deceitful about their opinions on certain brands ie BGR. I personally would not consider Crackberry one of them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast