Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree94Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

T-Mobile is buying out Metro PCS, not Boost. The plan is to convert all Metro towers to LTE and turn off the Metro PCS network. Sounds like it should work much better than the failed Nextel Sprint merger.
    big_time2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Clarifications about T-Mobile

T-Mobile is kinda changing to be more focused on non-subsidy phones. Its still a contract, but the customer pays less for monthly service, and pays for the phone in monthly installment payments. I'm not too sure this plan model will work out. T-Mobile tried the exact same thing about 2 years ago, and it wasn't very popular then.
    T-Mobile has had non-subsidy plans for years. I first signed up with them 3 years ago for their no contract "even more plus" plan. THose were no contract post paid plans. When the AT&T buyout was in the works, they changed their plans again and introduces "classic" and "value" plans. Both require a contract but the value plan is much less expensive but does not offer subsidzed handsets. This has already been around for over a year (I have had it for quite some time) and currently 80% of new customers are already choosing this option. It just makes better sense. It is never more expensive and it is usually a lot cheaper.

THey will this year be ending subsidies altogether, but it is not because the value plans have failed, but rather in part because they are successful.
    The main reason however is due to a deal to get the iPhone and by going this route, they are able to get a deal similar to VIrgin Mobile did with Apple rather than the deal Sprint got.

Oh, and on my line, I have 2 blackberries, 2 Andriod phones and an iPhone for $135 a month. No other carrier comes close.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwn66 View Post
    Then release cheapo models running BB10..... Ugh, old BB'S have to go, RIM can't afford to have lesser models that will continue to be laughed at when they're completely rebranding themselves...People will see them and just lol and continue to stay away.
    Thats hilarious , this isnt 2006 great economy in America anymore.. America is turning into a poor, lazy, low pay for work country. The people who use OS7 are well served. These days theres alot more to laugh at then a mid range phone. Like lack of a job. Poor Job Growth . lack of opportunity , food stamps. lazy people. Assholes for boss. Poor managers. badly run business, government. Its an endless reality.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSunshine View Post
    I did mean that and I'm a she.
    Sorry. I was on the mobile website and didn't see your signature.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,106 Global Posts

they have to address a world market where not everyone has the money to spend on BB10s. It's a simple decision for them to make. They have to keep OS7 alive till low cost BB10s take over the low cost solution segment.

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Another point to ponder: BES in its current form can't handle BB10. There are a great many enterprise customers who just won't be doing BB10 from day one.

My company is a good example: we're planning to go to Fusion/MDM, but not until after BB10 is released and goes through its usual validation process. In the meantime, no BB10s for employees (though I plan to be one of the Guinea Pigs for Balance when we finally DO evaluate BB10).

Given this, there needs to be a decent selection of BBOS phones available to business, and I'd say they'll need to do it for the next two years at least.
    qbnkelt and jakie55 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    The fact that US have the first shipping does not mean we won't see this model in other places ...
    Actually, this is simply a regional variant of the 9320 that everywhere else has had for a while, so it is doubtful anywhere else would get it.

One interesting point to consider, the 8220 and the 9315/9320 are cheaper models than even previous curves have been, so this device might not even be the last bb7 model to be released as we might see might see an update in this part of the range until bb10 hardware can be made cheaply enough to support both a curve and a cheapier curve.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    Not surprised. RiM's strategey is very clear, continue bb7 for low end markets and consumers and BB10 for developed, high income customers. As study proven that Samsung's success is not because of Galaxy but to offer many many choices..
    Samsung has GB loaded devices, as well as the top of line models, not to mention BADA.....Apple still sells iphone 4 models.....BBOS 7 is still a VERY functional OS for communications.
    Q 10 for the win!
    (WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi
    Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawksfan75 View Post
    *News flash* There are people who don't want a computer style smartphone but who do want an upgrade from a basic flip phone and/or don't feel the need to spend hundreds of dollars.
    We are so used to the basic functionality of the BB, we forget what a leap it is from a basic feature phone to a curve.
    Q 10 for the win!
    (WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi
    Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

The problem with the 9310, 9315, 9320 and whatever latest piece of junk os 7.1 curve is that they are ridiculously overpriced for what you get. The 9315 on T-Mobile will cost you $250 when its all said and done. The 9310 on Verizon cost $50 while devices with 700,000+ apps, dual core processors and a GB of ram cost the same or nothing.

People keep saying RIM has to go after the low end. But they don't have a device that can compete anymore. The lowest of the low end of smartphones is now higher end than any smartphone RIM has ever made. Seriously look at the low end, entry level devices that launch for $50 or free on contract these days. You can get a Galaxy Stellar, LG Lucid or even a Nexus 4 for $300 off contract. The Stellar and Lucid are free with a contract. RIM's best phone, the Bold 99 cost $199 with a new contract or $500+ off contract. It just doesn't compute.
    CrackBerry Master

I really don't know what the all the fuss is about, RIM has made it quite clear that they intend to continue supporting OS7 for at least a couple of years beyond the BB10 release and even keep distributing some of the current range of phones at a reduced price point for volume/value customers. This phone's release shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone especially as it appears that RIM has been "grooming" the market for such an eventuality with the release of such phones as they're 9320 for the last 12 months or so.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

"...Yep that makes sense. I'd do the same if I were buying phones for my employees..."

And then they can request that they use their own device instead and you end up not having to pay for one at all.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

The only problem is when someone tells their friend that they got a new BB phone and pull out one of these. Then their friend thinks this is the new BBs and decided not to look at BB when they buy their new phone. Or someone accidentally orders one of these thinking they are getting the newest OS and gets PO'd when they start using it.
    We can't assume everyone will be paying as much attention to what is going on and will know the names of the various models and OSes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Apple doesn't quit selling the previous generation iPhone whenever the new version comes out. They were still making the iPhone 3GS until last September and you can still buy the iPhone 3GS as those devices have trickled down to the lower end of the market.

Even the older OS BlackBerry devices are still being sold by carriers, as there is still those who want a BlackBerry and are willing to forgo some of the benefits of the newer devices.
    Thanked by:
    Jonesy1966 (01-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magutwit View Post
    Rim wants to sell some more phones, I guess, why else would they do it?
    Everybody is not going to buy the BB10 at launch anyways, some people still do like other models...
    Exactly. Some people may be wary of BB10, and like Windows. People didn't really buy 8 that much within it's first week of release. People prefer Windows 7. My point is that people will prefer older operating systems until all bugs are fixed.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123