Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    I don't think that's a valid comparison. They stopped selling the iPad 3 and it was replaced with the iPad 4, which sold for the same price. Also, I don't think the purchase of an iPad in 2012 would be considered "early adoption" by many. A better comparison would be with the original iPhone. When the original iPhone was released, it sold for $599, a couple months later, they dropped the price to $399. In reaction to complaints by early adopters, Steve Jobs issued an apology and gave the early adopters a $100 Apple gift card.

Apple - To all iPhone customers
    I agree, the PlayBook and iPad 3 situation are completely different, but my point to the OP in bringing that up was that when it comes to buying technology, there are some inherent "risks", be it early discontinuation, deep discounting, or something else.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7
    Roo Zilla and CairnsRock like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Default Re: Why so many BB hating trolls? An open letter to Thorsten Heins

Quote Originally Posted by bk1022 View Post
    The people who replied seem to have missed the obvious, which is that I am Canadian. I've suffered through Bell, Rogers, Air Canada, major Canadian banks, and I'm pretty sure I physically suffered from XL Foods (it took a Brazilian firm that time). RIM is turning out to be no different. People love to complain about Canadian companies until an American comes in wrests control from us and makes it better, then we get all defensive. Actually, that's a theme of Canadian corporations, they get big under some monopoly position and then they wallow in their own massive incompetence protected either by a regulated monopoly position or they end up being taken over by Americans. I'm sure replies will explain how RIM is not following this pattern.

Secondly, you can blame me all you want that I abused my PlayBook and was somehow responsible for breaking the port, but I did not. There are plenty of online complaints about the port breaking, it is a known issue, and RIM doesn't care to make the problem stop. They could very simply sell the unit with a rapid charger instead of a USB charger, but then I guess they wouldn't make money selling rapid chargers. Good on them -- instead of giving away rapid chargers, they just don't sell anything. To sell a tablet that will break within a couple of years, maybe faster if you don't guard the USB port with your life is not what I expect as "RIM" quality. Had I known the product would fail so quickly and easily, I would not have bought it.

Yes, to those who said, look it's a $99 gadget, just get over it, I say, I have gotten over it (although I didn't pay just $99 for it), I will buy an Android tablet that will work for years and offer significantly greater value. It bothers me as a Canadian that yet another Canadian company will fail because it emulates American business practice, but it does so with Canadian economies of scale, and so it fails when exposed to competition.

Lastly, you guys just live with your heads in the sand. The point of my post was to explain why CrackBerry forums are unique in having such a high ratio of people who hang around talking dirt on RIM. It is uncanny that a corporation achieving irrelevance so quickly would still have so many detractors instead of just being relegated to oblivion. Yes, RIM has a millions upon millions of customers, but they lose money in that square. Why doesn't RIM report what products those customers are using and how much revenue they get from each type of customer? It's because they don't just lose some money, they are losing material amounts of money. And anyway, how long do they have left exactly? They've been selling mobile phone products for years now that come out of the box barely able to surf the web, and yet there are so many people on CrackBerry still spending so much time eloquently and intelligently trash talking RIM. I offer the reason.

Trash talkers are not trolls, they are not paid shills, they are former loyal BlackBerry customers who have been aggravated by RIM in some unbelievable way and they are legion. The real way to turn RIM around is to get those true loyal customers back. Because they are the marketing base that RIM simply cannot afford to lose. Get it? RIM is not going to succeed without these former loyal customers. They are not going to succeed by selling phones below cost in developing nations giving full access to BIS with minimal subscription revenues. You don't make money changing four quarters for a dollar no matter how much business volume you generate. RIM's fan base is shrinking and their angry former customers are growing. Marketing doesn't get you out of that hole.
    If you talk to the reps of these companies the way you're behaving here, I understand why you are getting the treatment you claim. Stop acting like a petulant teen - you stuck the usb in backwards. Suck it up and get a rapid charger or a new tablet and be more careful next time.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    BravoZuluDelta (12-01-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #53  

Actually, I didn't stick the USB cable in backwards. I left the cable plugged while I handled the device, which apparently is not something I should have done, according to others who have experienced the same problem.

What I would like is for the admins to remove your post. I find your response disgraceful.

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=ostentatious&o=0&l=dir --> 2. (of actions, manner, qualities exhibited, etc.) intended to attract notice
    In fact, there is something wrong with your English comprehension.

Anyway, if your sole purpose is to spam this thread, I'll simply start a new thread reiterating that in fact RIM needs to reacquire its formerly loyal fan base who have since become critics who speak not only without reservation, but do so to attract notice.

There are many reasons people have become grossly dissatisfied with RIM. It is not limited to an apparent disrespect of PlayBook owners who find themselves victims of seemingly poorly designed or cheap HDMI / USB ports without recourse or consideration from RIM. My BlackBerry phone can only barely surf CrackBerry forums, and it can do so only with the aid of a third party browser. Let's not forget that it started with broken promises and delays. RIM has repeatedly delayed major projects for years without offering anything to die-hard fans. People repeatedly begged right here on CB for incentives to buy BBOS7 phones early in the year so they could migrate to BB10 phones, but RIM ignored them. RIM shipped PlayBooks without an email app and effectively made it impossible to get a third party email app. Then they lowered the price by 80% without so much as an acknowledgement of how they disrespected early adopters. Did early adopters get any special treatment? No! Nothing. RIM couldn't give a rats behind about them. I wonder what percentage of people who were RIM loyalists Jan 1 2012 remain so now. How many now see RIM still repeating its mistakes and feel the need to protect others from being sucked in? RIM is unique. Nokia lost market share, but die-hard Nokia fans never had a hate on for Nokia. The opposite is true of RIM.
    1) You still don't comprehend the meaning of the word. Your usage is incorrect. It appears that you have taken a dictionary and searched every multisyllable word you can find to lend an air of gravitas (look it up) to a petulant, pedantic, self aggrandising, indefensible rant. The previous words were all synonyms of the word ostentatious used in proper context. Except for indefensible....that was a bonus.
    2) I am not spamming this thread. It appears there is another word whose meaning you don't understand.
    3) It appears you don't travel much in internet web forums. The kind of rhetoric here, to which you've added with your wee rant, is quite commonplace in internet forums. It is so commonplace, in fact, that the word "troll" was borrowed from its true meaning and adopted to people who post incendiary rhetoric with the aim to cause a disruption and a reaction from the community. Sound familiar?
    4) Thor might read your rant, he might not. A more direct way to reach him would be to contact him through RIM. But I don't believe your intent was to contact Thor; rather, you attempted to make a case against RIM on a BB enthusiast site by behaving EXACTLY like the trolls you complain about. In doing so, you have succeeded only in creating an embarrasing spectacle of a thread, in the same manner as a three year old throws a temper tantrum in a store when he doesn't get his way.
    5) If you feel you have been wronged and feel that RIM has engaged in shoddy business practices regarding your claim, sue them. Otherwise, leave off the grandiose posturing.
    6) As a self qualified troll, you have created a thread full of bitterness that I inexplicably find greatly amusing. Congratulations. I will look forward to your next entertaining work. Just made a note to buy more popcorn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 11-30-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup

PIN
    27F48177

Actually, I didn't stick the USB cable in backwards. I left the cable plugged while I handled the device, which apparently is not something I should have done, according to others who have experienced the same problem.

What I would like is for the admins to remove your post. I find your response disgraceful.
    Of course that's something you shouldn't do, it's the rule number one of USB ports, I bet, in contrast, you're very careful with the USB ports on your computer.

I bought (and so should you) the rapid charger because I was afraid my kids would eventually break it on my PB. No danger of that happening with the rapid charger and its magnetic design.

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

I feel you pain but, clearly, I believe the way you tell your story isn't doing any good for anyone.
    Try again to call the support, be kind, explain that you can understand your problem can be bulk considered as a bad usage and you have only your good faith to offer.
    Then talk about your other BB devices, how you wait for BB10 on your PlayBook and that it is really deceptive if it turns into a paperweight, just for a charger port.
    Now, simply ask for a discount on the stand charger. And see what appends.

Whatever the company is, if you start by yelling ... well, you'll probably only gain a muted headset dialog (says a former help desk team member).
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (11-30-2012) 
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

funny i found your response disgraceful to RIM not fixing your USB port under warrenty. the reason it broke is mostlikely miss use, judging by what you say that you had the charger plug in leaves one to believe that it indeed was miss used and probably bent around and yanked out, pulled on accidentally, or even had the adapter resting on your chest stomach, leg,arm, desk, couch or whatever, it happens it is a miss use and i would not expect RIM to fix mine if that had happened, just like how i leave mine plugged in and the hanging of the bent cable has cause the insulation to pull out and show the braided shielding, it happens i've delt with it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #58  

You can go on all day long about misuse, but I have never had this happen to me on any other of thd dozen micro usb devices I own or have owned in the past.

The problem is related to the microAB port design but it seems to be isolated to PlayBooks. I can find people complaing about this issue in many forums and considering the lack lustre sales of the device, that is a problem. Show me another device with so many usb port complaints. There are a several just in this thread alone who have experienced it.

Anyway, I love how people try here to spin RIM customer service as excellent and then others say it must be my fault that RIM doesn't want to fix my tablet. First off, when I talk with customer service I wait to hear the bad news from the lowest level worker and then I simply ask for the manager since I know that no one can help me anyway. In this case, the manager was very polite and courteous. She is well aware that I was willing to buy a BB10 and am a current BB customer in NORTH AMERICA, someone who actually generates revenue for RIM. The problem is that I don't know if she or the repair facility is even owned by RIM or is just an outsourced service company that loses money everytime they perform repair work. It is in Tennessee so it is my guess they are not RIM proper but I don't know. If I pursue this issue with someone in Waterloo, will I get anywhere or is it a waste of time? This is not how I define good customer service. Good customer service means that when I talk with someone not only should their intetests be aligned with the customer but the customer should know that to be the case. To me I have in the back of my mind that if I phone at the wrong time of the month and they performed one too many repairs that maybe they have no incentive to do anything for me. It is very easy for everyone answering a service call to be nice if their job is to charge $99 for anything they see.

And by the way, I leave my usb cable plugged into all kinds of devices when I handle them and all I ever have to do is replace the cable. I have never had to repair a device before. My main thesis is that RIM constantly touts something about its devices that are indispensible, like security or robustness, but in the end they don't stand by their product.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

The problem is related to the microAB port design but it seems to be isolated to PlayBooks. I can find people complaing about this issue in many forums [...]
    Don't you think you've done enough with your case ?
    C'mon, you are on the most popular BlackBerry community forum worldwide and you're talking about "many forums"? Count them here, you'll get a fair ratio. And you won't find that much.

This thread is becoming SEO annoying ... I'd suggest it get closed. Mods ?
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    Don't you think you've done enough with your case ?
    C'mon, you are on the most popular BlackBerry community forum worldwide and you're talking about "many forums"? Count them here, you'll get a fair ratio. And you won't find that much.

This thread is becoming SEO annoying ... I'd suggest it get closed. Mods ?
    Nah, keep it going through the wee hours of a Friday
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    I feel you pain
    not really, you were just trying to be nice, because the poster has way overreached, instead of getting himself a charger.......
    qbnkelt likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Default WTF

RickRoller:
    Code:
    With my PB (which no longer works), I can understand the frustration with the micro usb port. It's the ONLY device i've used (and almost everything I have is microUSB) where I was able to put the charger in upside down. Every other device I have I couldn't jam it in upside down even with some force..and yet for whatever reason on the PB, this was easily accomplished.
    Really not sure how you claim to be able to put the USB charger in USB port upside down. I'm trying it right now on my PlayBook and it would not go in. You have to absolutely forcefully wriggle it in for that to happen and if you somehow decided to force yours in and then damage it.. In my opinion it seems common sense should have told you to wait, think.. maybe you're doing it wrongly and should turn it over then see if it goes in without and resistance. If you came to me moaning about it being damaged when you or someone in your home forced it in i'd ask you to go buy a new one and bounce real quick.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 11-30-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Ironically I had the exact same problem on my pb just yesterday, but I called in and asked how much repairs would be first.
    8330, 9000, 9780
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (11-30-2012) 
    qbnkelt and pantlesspenguin like this.

My 5000.00 dollar TV broke, my 50,000.00 truck broke, my iPad broke, my dishwasher broke....mmmm, things break, get over it.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (11-30-2012) 
    qbnkelt likes this.

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN

Lol. No, really, do go on.

Yes. Every Canadian corporation hates you and is out to get you. Yep. Uh huh.

pantlesspenguin likes this.

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    1) You still don't comprehend the meaning of the word. Your usage is incorrect. It appears that you have taken a dictionary and searched every multisyllable word you can find to lend an air of gravitas (look it up) to a petulant, pedantic, self aggrandising, indefensible rant. The previous words were all synonyms of the word ostentatious used in proper context. Except for indefensible....that was a bonus.
    2) I am not spamming this thread. It appears there is another word whose meaning you don't understand.
    3) It appears you don't travel much in internet web forums. The kind of rhetoric here, to which you've added with your wee rant, is quite commonplace in internet forums. It is so commonplace, in fact, that the word "troll" was borrowed from its true meaning and adopted to people who post incendiary rhetoric with the aim to cause a disruption and a reaction from the community. Sound familiar?
    4) Thor might read your rant, he might not. A more direct way to reach him would be to contact him through RIM. But I don't believe your intent was to contact Thor; rather, you attempted to make a case against RIM on a BB enthusiast site by behaving EXACTLY like the trolls you complain about. In doing so, you have succeeded only in creating an embarrasing spectacle of a thread, in the same manner as a three year old throws a temper tantrum in a store when he doesn't get his way.
    5) If you feel you have been wronged and feel that RIM has engaged in shoddy business practices regarding your claim, sue them. Otherwise, leave off the grandiose posturing.
    6) As a self qualified troll, you have created a thread full of bitterness that I inexplicably find greatly amusing. Congratulations. I will look forward to your next entertaining work. Just made a note to buy more popcorn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Get out of my head. I thought I was the only one thinking m "JFC on a cracker, put down the thesaurus and stop fapping at how the big words make you sound super smart".

qbnkelt likes this.

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Of course that's something you shouldn't do, it's the rule number one of USB ports, I bet, in contrast, you're very careful with the USB ports on your computer.

I bought (and so should you) the rapid charger because I was afraid my kids would eventually break it on my PB. No danger of that happening with the rapid charger and its magnetic design.

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own actions.
    The OP should be proud. He actually posted something that made myself and BD agree with each other.

Well done, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Get out of my head. I thought I was the only one thinking m "JFC on a cracker, put down the thesaurus and stop fapping at how the big words make you sound super smart".

I am SO stealing that!!!!!

Words are interesting little things. They have meaning. One can't simply ascribe a meaning to a word that isn't there.

I haven't got a PB. It's not for me. Didn't fit me. So I've got an iPad instead. I don't go on rants on the PB forum complaining incessantly about what the PB hasn't got and why didn't RIM do it differently. And if I break a piece of tech, as I have done before, I put my grown up girl knickers on and learn from my mistake. Example.....I have found that in my usage Google Latitude seems to inexplicably brick my 9810. So instead of having kittens about the whole thing and ranting ad nauseum against RIM, I simply don't put Google Latitude in my 9810.

I once drove over my 9800. My mistake. I didn't sue Honda because they didn't have a Blackberry locating device in the rear bumper.

Tech breaks. Treat it gently.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    pantlesspenguin likes this.

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN

You can go on all day long about misuse, but I have never had this happen to me on any other of thd dozen micro usb devices I own or have owned in the past.

The problem is related to the microAB port design but it seems to be isolated to PlayBooks. I can find people complaing about this issue in many forums and considering the lack lustre sales of the device, that is a problem. Show me another device with so many usb port complaints. There are a several just in this thread alone who have experienced it.

Anyway, I love how people try here to spin RIM customer service as excellent and then others say it must be my fault that RIM doesn't want to fix my tablet. First off, when I talk with customer service I wait to hear the bad news from the lowest level worker and then I simply ask for the manager since I know that no one can help me anyway. In this case, the manager was very polite and courteous. She is well aware that I was willing to buy a BB10 and am a current BB customer in NORTH AMERICA, someone who actually generates revenue for RIM. The problem is that I don't know if she or the repair facility is even owned by RIM or is just an outsourced service company that loses money everytime they perform repair work. It is in Tennessee so it is my guess they are not RIM proper but I don't know. If I pursue this issue with someone in Waterloo, will I get anywhere or is it a waste of time? This is not how I define good customer service. Good customer service means that when I talk with someone not only should their intetests be aligned with the customer but the customer should know that to be the case. To me I have in the back of my mind that if I phone at the wrong time of the month and they performed one too many repairs that maybe they have no incentive to do anything for me. It is very easy for everyone answering a service call to be nice if their job is to charge $99 for anything they see.

And by the way, I leave my usb cable plugged into all kinds of devices when I handle them and all I ever have to do is replace the cable. I have never had to repair a device before. My main thesis is that RIM constantly touts something about its devices that are indispensible, like security or robustness, but in the end they don't stand by their product.
    Considering the condescension dripping from the comment "lowest level worker" I'd be willing to bet that the way you THINK you sound to the reps and how you ACTUALLY sound are two very different things. Also, you aren't super special to RIM because you're in North America. A customer is a customer and you aren't more important than others because of your geographical location.

Of course, since you don't seem to understand how you are coming across (and it's not like I'm the only one thinking you sound pretentious here) I doubt you'll realize that.

Buy a rapid charger. Buy a new PB. Whatever. Next time be more careful. A usb port has always been a weak spot on devices. Do you know how many we send in to repair because customers use their devices (be it a phone or tablet) while plugged in and the stress of the flexing damaged the contact points (in some cases pushing the port into the device or yanking it out)? For someone who claims to be so super smart about electronics, I'd think you would know that point about micro usb connections. I mean, I have a Pearl upstairs with a loose usb port because my husband would use it while it was plugged in. I bought an external charger and went on with life. It was our fault.

Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (11-30-2012) 

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN

I once drove over my 9800. My mistake. I didn't sue Honda because they didn't have a Blackberry locating device in the rear bumper.
    *dies*

DAMNYOUSEHONDA! YOU SHALL FEEL MY LITIGIOUS WRATH! *shakesfist*

Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (11-30-2012) 
    qbnkelt and pantlesspenguin like this.

Default Why so many BB hating trolls? An open letter to Thorsten Heins

*dies*

DAMNYOUSEHONDA! YOU SHALL FEEL MY LITIGIOUS WRATH! *shakesfist*

Oooooo look at you with you B I G word!!!!!

How ostentatious of you!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iBuilder and pantlesspenguin like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,047 Global Posts

Y
    I'm going to repeat what I said before: why are you standing on a soap box here? How about writing: theins@rim.com and then let us know what the response is?

Go google "broken USB port on phone". You'll find mentions of Nokias, Androids, BlackBerries and more. The problem only appears to be significant on CrackBerry because this is a BlackBerry specific forum and it becomes magnified.

Don't take this the wrong way - but in the grand scheme of things, you are not that important. There are 7,999,999 other BlackBerry users currently out there. You are not the first, nor will you be the last person out there who will be pissed off at a company (not just RIM) because they didn't get what they want. What one wants, and what one is entitled to are two very different things...
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7

Global Posts
    6,115 Global Posts
    PIN

Oooooo look at you with you B I G word!!!!!

How ostentatious of you!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I'm North American. I and I alone can use big words.

I'm super speshul that way.

qbnkelt likes this.

PIN
    27F48177

The OP should be proud. He actually posted something that made myself and BD agree with each other.

Well done, OP.

Ha, I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it.
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast