Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why no firm dates yet set for US launch. Its killing to stock and hurting sales & credibility

I know its not the company's fault other than to say that the company should not be launching new products in NY when they dont even know if they can sell any of the products in the US. Until they are able to stop the bashing from people in the US and be able to sell the product in the US they should trade their stock on the London Stock Exchange as the US market are Apple lovers to the core. All these delays are killing the stock and hurting potential sales because the moronic bashers will just keep putting out negative stories on the product and go against anything that is positive. I have never seen so much negativity towards any company before. The Z10 is a superior phone yet its not being given any love in the country where its stock trades.

Somebody tell the CEO to move its public listing to London where they think for themselves and dont hate anything that is not American. Otherwise lets get these phones selling in the US. Its already one month
    CrackBerry Addict

you might wanna read this.. was a good read and gave a plausible explanation as to why the us are still waiting for the z10...and you might wanna change your thread title.. its not hurting sales in all the countries it is available,, and its not hurting sales in us as its not available yet...

BlackBerry Z10 On Verizon - Business Insider
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts

The shares trade in Toronto as well. But yeah moving the listing to London will certainly solve all of BBRYs problems and drive sales and probably increase battery life and make the browser run even faster and increase the number of BBM contacts in your phone and .....
    / device agnosticism or bust!
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Date has been confirmed on this board.
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Why no firm dates yet set for US launch. Its killing to stock and hurting sales & credibility

Quote Originally Posted by 1REDRUM View Post
    Date has been confirmed on this board.
    Really? And when?
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just have to read a few threads. The actual date is quoted and from a semi reliable source who while only being semi reliable is correct.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts

Nothing is confirmed until you see them in the stores.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Thorsten Heins, like Mike and Jim before him, is enamoured with all things of the US. The primary BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event in New York City, NY, US, was an error in judgement but the C-level Crew in Waterloo will never admit their folly. The global launch should have been in Waterloo, ON, or perhaps at the TSX in Toronto, ON. We knew there was trouble brewing in with the wireless carriers by early Autumn 2012 when Heins announced the latest, at the time, delay (cough, cough) I mean carrier relations negotiations. It is as though BlackBerry wants to fail.
    qbnkelt and jegs2 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Quote Originally Posted by silversmith75 View Post
    you might wanna read this.. was a good read and gave a plausible explanation as to why the us are still waiting for the z10...and you might wanna change your thread title.. its not hurting sales in all the countries it is available,, and its not hurting sales in us as its not available yet...

Never heard the term crapware, I usually hear people call it Bloatware.

It has been my assumption, and it seems to be proving true, that an agreement was/is in place between VZW and BlackBerry, based on several factors. The main one being the extra complications of testing the CDMA version. VZW doesn't want to be "penalized" by its BB faithful customers who jump ship for other carriers who release the Z10 before them.

When VZW says that BlackBerry dictates when a phone gets released, its because that's the agreement VZW probably made. That BB had to hold other carriers to a date when they could release in the US, because VZW have the disadvantage of using/testing a CDMA device, but the obvious advantage of having the biggest customer base, to make such a deal. (complete speculation)

It doesn't explain why T-Mo said it was going to try and beat VZW to market in a public statement however.

As far as bloatware, the carriers could have been using the Dev Alphas to develop that.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

CrackBerry Abuser

I feel like there is a reason for the delay. Maybe they are going to do something huge with the USA. If we see all the ads in Canada I figure they will go bigger in the USA. Also app announcements hopefully as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FCEF27

This should be no surprise for any US carrier. Almost every phone that is due to come out never has a solid release date until about a week or less before the release. As a Verizon customer I have just grown enough patience to wait it out every time.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Why no firm dates yet set for US launch. Its killing to stock and hurting sales & credibility

As much as I want a new Q10 device like yesterday, I just have to think that there is a method to the madness and Thor and Co know just what they are doing.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Master

you want to know the exact reason? because the carriers need time to make crapware apps so that they could extract more money of the innocent.

southlander likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts

Or that they are trying to get some of the more serious bugs out and better have new firmware on these.
    CrackBerry Addict

As I said earlier no US carrier will have choice but to release bb10 due to enterprise and goverment contracts. Unless they want to lose millions.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Or that they are trying to get some of the more serious bugs out and better have new firmware on these.
    Carriers don't do that.

Posted via CB10
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts

No - that's why BlackBerry isn't pushing the carriers either.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Business Insider article is closer to being right, the US carriers have probably been adding their bloatware and blocking Bridge/tethering functions. As from CB postings, many American consumers have bought the Z10 from Canada and it seems to be working fine on the US carriers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

These phones have been in U.S carrier hands for some time now and the bloatware has been finished for likely many months.

It hasn't launched yet because of a few missing key apps. Anyone wanna bet that some big name apps get announced along with the U.S launch?

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    kfh227 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

I do not think that carriers like AT&T are going to make a big deal of the Z10 release. Unless they think that it will drastically increase their customer base they will continue to push iPhones and Android. Carriers are into making money and the hardware they sell is only a tool to sell their services. It has been many, many years since AT&T has pushed Blackberry. Time will tell
    CrackBerry Abuser

strong company = fast release and no crapware

weak company = penetrant branding inside and out, crapware, carrier dictates
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    ... and the hardware they sell is only a tool to sell their services. ...
    and it was / is a tool to broaden their brand reception. If not, people will forget their "service" very soon, from a technical point of view, handsets only have to signal if you have network or not (and if you are roaming) but no brandname of any provider required...

and to have network access, becomes more and more like to have access to water or electricity ...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Didn't anyone see the FFC cleared the last bb10 phone just yesterday. This alone would of held things up in the US.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.3.0.1154
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526 and not used!
    BlackBerry continues to act anti-American! Another no U.S. launch for the largest dollar making country (BBs own numbers) for them on the planet!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trsbbs View Post
    Didn't anyone see the FFC cleared the last bb10 phone just yesterday. This alone would of held things up in the US.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    That would definitely have held things up.
    IPod Touch, IPhone4, IPhone4S, IPad2, 16GB Playbook, 32GB Playbook, Blackberry 9800 Torch, Blackberry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Samsung Galaxy Note 8' Tablet
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts

But I thought it was all the carrier's fault.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast