Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Quote Originally Posted by onvisa View Post
    And who started the smartphone industry?
    Who will still be standing is a better question at this point.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

TAT should have spent a bit more time making sure the UI was consistent. Sometimes you hit back, sometimes you swipe left to right, sometimes you hit cancel. Sometimes Send is in the Upper Right hand corner, sometime lower right.

And NO ONE outside of the "enthusiast" community care one iota about TAT and QNX.

Or were there some surprises regarding QNX integration that didn't make the launch.
    Thanked by:
    allengeorge (02-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    No debt. $2.9bn in cash. How much are they going to spend on the launch? $1bn? 1.5bn? nothing? There is no conspiracy; markets sense weaknesses and RIMBerry was and is weak.
    Until there are firm sales (NOT SHIPMENT) numbers on BB10 devices and where it is selling, and what the impact of no more BIS service fees are, the fundamentals will still be in question.
    RIM has no debt and just PAID for a new OS, and since you are concerned about RIM investing their cash in marketing BB10, what what would be your opinion about the gazillion companies that have financed their companies with debt? would you consider them near bankrupt, how many companies do you figure are debt free anyways? not many........
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

I am not suggesting that RIM sorry BlackBerry take on debt. But those who keep spinning how great the fundamentals are (2.9bn in the bank) have not taken into consideration the extreme expenses incurred in a global launch of a new OS, new hardware and new Enterprise Solutions. Not to mention Ms. Keys fees!

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

They also use analytics and stock fundamentals.
    And they DO NOT fall in love with companies. Hint hint.
    Well, yes, of course.
    But when a stock is volatile as RIMM is now ... these analytics are mostly used to validate/invalidate a strategic scenario.
    And to make the scenario happen ... you need a good story to tell.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN

I am not suggesting that RIM sorry BlackBerry take on debt. But those who keep spinning how great the fundamentals are (2.9bn in the bank) have not taken into consideration the extreme expenses incurred in a global launch of a new OS, new hardware and new Enterprise Solutions. Not to mention Ms. Keys fees!
    Really, we're glad you came back to rant on each and every thread ...
    Who is "spinning how great the fundamentals are" ? Some just say they have enough cash to give the launch the best chances ... $1 billion is huge money.
    You are over-dramatizing each word. It's painful.
    spike12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

well if you have a business and if you have the cash and if you need to introduce a new product, what is wrong with using your cash to sell your new product?
    what else did you want to do with the cash, stack in neat 10 ft piles? come on get real.........
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Who will still be standing is a better question at this point.
    True, time will tell.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    well if you have a business and if you have the cash and if you need to introduce a new product, what is wrong with using your cash to sell your new product?
    what else did you want to do with the cash, stack in neat 10 ft piles? come on get real.........
    Your clueless fan base needs to stop obsessing about your cash horde and worry about your cash flow.
    And if you have a cash horde, and not much else, you become more of a takeover/breakup target.
    CrackBerry Master

Your clueless fan base needs to stop obsessing about your cash horde and worry about your cash flow.
    And if you have a cash horde, and not much else, you become more of a takeover/breakup target.
    did you miss there was a launch this week?
    brout likes this.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN

word salad.
    Add the assets.
    You sit on your cash and you wait or you use your cash to invest ?
    Now that takeover thing: you need the 33%+ agreement. Not likely to happen, except if bankrupcy (not likely to happen either).
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

It isn't word salad. It is fundamental to running a business.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    did you miss there was a launch this week?
    No, I was at the (low energy) launch event in NYC. The one where they announced that the Zee/Zed 10 would be available in the US (hint - the event was in New York) until March and the Q10 until April. That adds to the pressure as some people will not wait. Not the hard core here - who will do anything to get a Zee/Zed 10 - but the consumers and businesses who are either on the fence or are already using other devices.

No, I didn't miss it. I, like many others, wasn't blown away either. And I am using the Zee 10 now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Take a picture of yourself holding the device then. Show everyone that you spent hard earned money on a device you keep saying you don't like.

In regards to cash flow... its takes money to make money.

Anyone who doesn't understand that the Z10 doesn't need to be perfect doesn't understand the concept of reference hardware. The Z10 represents the baseline specs for a good BB10 experience. BB10 on the Playbook will likely be slightly limited due to the lower speed and memory, but that will just force them to tighten up their code. The Playbook, which is continually brought up as a major failure for RIM, was a developmental platform. It's equivalent to Apple offering Rhapsody to developers before OSX came out, but since no one already had a BB Tablet, they needed to offer it up with both the hardware and the software to make it work. There was no other realistic option available there. Memories are short.

But any company interested in licensing BB10 will be looking at the Z10 and ask how their company can improve on the design.

There is a game being played here. If you can't follow all the plays then you're obviously too close to the action. Need to really take a birds eye view of the entire process.

But unless Jesus Christ/Mohammad/Buddha/etc showed up at the launch and announced it was the Second Coming, people were going to complain that they weren't blown away enough.
    I still believe in BlackBerry.
    Keep Strong and Stay Long.
    -paradigmslip.ca-
    Thanked by:
    europolska00 (02-01-2013) 
    Superfly_FR and europolska00 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

He's not being paranoid. Clearly you know nothing about investing. Investors short sell and manipulate stocks all the time. It is a shameful practice but it is prevalent. You can read a lot of articles about short selling and specifically articles about the shorts manipulating RIM. Do your homework. And for the record, the product is solid. So there goes your theory.

Quick, look behind you!

Yes, it is a vast media and financial conspiracy against BlackBerry.. That's why North American sales dropped. Nothing to do with the products.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,380 Global Posts

The only people clueless to me are the ones who love to call others conspiracy theorists. They've never heard of shorting stocks? They don't think negative media can affect sales? They don't think the competition gains by them doing poorly? Ignorance is bliss and these people must be supremely happy.

I judge RIM/BB it two ways. 1) Against its-self. 2) Against the competition

I'm amazed by how well RIM has positioned itself. So well that it puts them in direct competition with OEMs, platform developers and carriers, etc.

Compared to the competition? Its a joke. Google isn't even their competition (until they release a half decent moto-phone). They support freeware they can't sell. Apple plateaued with iphone4 and they've shown no signs of having anything left in the tank post-jobs (aside from a bunch of cash they don't seem to know what to do with). Samsung I give some respect to for making a great looking phone and working with the software, but big problem with them is they don't own their platform. They do own tizen, but if they want to be masters of their own destiny they will have to go through a transition, just ask RIM/BB how easy that is. All the other OEMs? who cares, they are now fighting for scraps at the bottom of the barrel of the evermoreso commoditized smartphone market.

Whos got a OS built for the future (aiming to where the market is going, not where it is), can build their own hardware, has a network, has a foundation in a less fickle user market, has just introduced their first highly-competitive full-touch phone into the market while still dominating the PKB market, has huge opportunites in OS licensing beyond phones, has a foundation in security which needs to be built-in from the ground up and not tacked on later? BB. Thing is the average person/investor is easiliy swayed by public opinion and if people with influence can manipulate things for their own benefit do people really thing they wouldn't? Because to people who think they wouldn't it must be looking like there are more and more people wearing tinfoil hats.
    CrackBerry Abuser

RIM has always had a problem making consistent UIs. I wish they had a strong HI/UX department that put out clear guidelines and enforced them.
    Terminal Musings: http://www.allengeorge.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    You are so clueless to reality. So sad
    Did you see that movie "The Lake House"? NJBlackBerry is living there, 2 years in the past, and is a very angry bitter person to top it off. I mean, it's borderline psychotic to linger on a BB fan forum when you clearly hate HATE BB so much. SOOOO pathetic.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

I don't hate BB. Never had. Got a 950 in 1999 before most of you had every heard of them, and had one until 6 months ago.
    You have no clue what you are talking about. You are in love with a company - a very unwise decision - and feel that everyone who doesn't agree with your manic opinions is a hater.

P.S. I want to love the Zee/Zed 10. I wanted to love the PlayBook (hey - why wasn't that mentioned Wednesday).

I am not in the past - but you are clearly stuck in an alternate RIMUniverse (RIMEmpire) where all things revolve around your love and obsession for the BB.

Why is the stock tanking? Because I know nothing about investing? I made a ton of money on RIM and sold at the right time. Three times. Now isn't the right time.

Clueless fanboys.
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm not in love with a company as a fanboy. I'm in awe of an operating system/platform's capabilities from the perspective of an electronics technologist.

There is a big difference. You're a pretty negative person on these forums sometime though. And pretty negative about a device you got for free. If you'd actually paid for it, maybe you'd ascribe some value to it instead of just looking for something to complain about.

If you don't think 'vast global conspiracies' exist, why did Canada have to scrap the Avro Arrow program? Because the rest of the first world nations didn't want to be forking out billions of dollars to another nation for their superior technology. America exerted significant economic pressure to ensure that it never happen. It made more political sense to keep the industries homegrown and to eliminate the competition coming from that one nation who was continuing to make significant technological advancements

But the mobile computing industry isn't the aviation industry. Smartphones are not jet planes. Smartphones are not sold exclusively to governments. BB10 will not go the way of the Avro Arrow.
    I still believe in BlackBerry.
    Keep Strong and Stay Long.
    -paradigmslip.ca-
    CrackBerry Master

I don't hate BB. Never had. Got a 950 in 1999 before most of you had every heard of them, and had one until 6 months ago.
    You have no clue what you are talking about. You are in love with a company - a very unwise decision - and feel that everyone who doesn't agree with your manic opinions is a hater.

P.S. I want to love the Zee/Zed 10. I wanted to love the PlayBook (hey - why wasn't that mentioned Wednesday).

I am not in the past - but you are clearly stuck in an alternate RIMUniverse (RIMEmpire) where all things revolve around your love and obsession for the BB.

Why is the stock tanking? Because I know nothing about investing? I made a ton of money on RIM and sold at the right time. Three times. Now isn't the right time.

Clueless fanboys.
    well this discussion was not about you, it was about Wall Street being self serving, Wall Street will talk down a company if it suits them,
    that is what they have done with RIM and RIM in reality is doing much better than portrayed by Wall Street
    the point was: Wall Street looks after Wall Street
    i don't know how you can argue with that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

I certainly hope that Wall St. looks after Wall St. I have way too much money invested to expect otherwise.
    What ever happened to the Occupy Wall St. crowd? It just went away. Politicians of all flavors are bought and sold every day. Don't confine the corruption to just Wall St.
    Is RIM/BBRY being manipulated - have the SEC look into it. I personally don't see any reason that "Wall St." would manipulate a company with such a small market cap.

As far as shorting a stock I abhor the concept, have never done it and never will. I have never lost money on RIM. I hold no positions now but would love to buy when I think the lows have been reached. My financial advisors think otherwise. But it is my money.

I am TYING to be positive on the Z10. I tried to be positive on the PlayBook, which I won't mention again.
    But I think that after two years of overpromising, BBRY has underdelivered. That is my opinion, based on what my Z10 does for me, what is missing, and what I can do on other devices with other Operating Systems.
    Why would BBRY give me one? To try and win back my companies business. I am not having much luck convincing people that it is worth a look. And that, in a nutshell, is a HUGE problem for BBRY. Not the publications, not the stock price. Customers may not come back.
    Everyone here is entitled to their opinions. Opinions are like behinds - everyone has them and they all stink!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

NJBB, it's not about what we love: we're here on a BB fan site. Our prorogative. It's your incessant criticism here, half of which is your opinion the other half is irrelevant and the other half has been beaten to death a year ago, so... why WHY do you persist, Mr. Anderson?
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

I guess so I can learn from all knowing, all seeing experts like you..
    My comments on the Z10 fit which category? Assuming of course that you have a Z10 and first hand experience.
    CrackBerry Master

" I am not having much luck convincing people that it is worth a look."
    lol, i would say, you are not having much luck here convincing people how bad RIM is, you are quite something........

all i can say is Wall Street looks after Wall Street...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast