- 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM #152
The idea that apps are pointless led to an inability to react which ultimately resulted in people moving away from BB. In droves. RIM's single digit market share is a testament to the lunacy of that statement.
Listen to the radio. Watch TV. Read a newspaper. Read a magazine. All you see if "Find our app in iTunes" or "Find our app in the Google Play Store." Coincidentally, those two companies virtually own the smartphone market. Coincidence? Really?
If you think apps are pointless you are taking a cue from Balsilles and Lazaridis. And look how that turned out.
I suggest you evolve in your thinking. The smartphone market left the Middle Ages somewhere around 2009....
This is a "new RIM." It will leapfrog the competition, as Balsille and Lazaridis said. Therefore, it had best meet the consumer's needs/desires/wants for apps.
- 12-30-2012, 04:16 PM #153
Whatsapp will not be on blackberry 10
I'm really hoping to see it come to BB10 after all, and use up the Cascade and native interface, but if it doesnt make it way, there is always using the android port.
- 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM #154
I love CrackberryYes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me
- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
- CrackBerry Addict
12-30-2012, 08:21 PM #155
- 944 Posts
RIm still has a chance if they do well with BB10, especailly apps part. that is they they delayed bb10 so they can get more apps, polish the OS. As Jim and Base said smartphone market is still infancy and there are millions people out there with feature phones who will be forced to switch over to smart phone....their choise Apple,..too expensive for some..Anroid, BB10 or Windows..whoever offers better social media and typing will win..simple is that
- 12-30-2012, 09:33 PM #156RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
- CrackBerry Master
12-30-2012, 10:27 PM #158
- 1,224 Posts
Hence wait till Jan 30th. Not ONE company is going to tell anyone on a forum or otherwise a APP will be there on BB10 if RIM is speaking about it at launch. SKYPE, Netflix, Whatsapp. Each and everyone of these companies will tell you they are not making one or will see how things shake out as a generic answer. Not a yes not a no, because frankly anyone on a forum on twitter ETC are NOT in the NO.
Even the twitter prophet claiming to have a pulse inside rim. But just feeds on articles to re barf as his own secret informant.
Patience you only need to wait a month to hear the Truth.
- 12-30-2012, 10:56 PM #160Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS
BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDER Cancelled "accidentally" by Digital River... idiots.)
- 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM #161
Back to the post that originated this reply, it is pretty useless to constantly complain about a belief or statement that a certain app won't exist on BB10. Some companies are hush due to launch day announcements while other are waiting to see if BB10 can gain traction. If it can show to be a viable platform, the apps will come.
In regards to the title of this thread, I have WhatsApp on both my OS7 Torch and my OS2 Playbook so to think it won't be on OS10 at all doesn't seem realistic.Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
- 12-31-2012, 02:02 AM #162
Last edited by BergerKing; 12-31-2012 at 02:16 AM.If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 12-31-2012, 02:10 AM #163If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 12-31-2012, 02:42 AM #164
So, I want apps, I need apps, and we need to let BlackBerry know what apps we need....and we have done a great job of that. I HOPE they have gotten the message. IF they haven't, there is nothing more we can do about it, and we might as well look for other devices, as RIM is not long for this earthly plane. Just saying....and I am a loyal BB fan. All the hand wringing in the world will not change the situation.Q 10 and Z30 for the win!
now on leak 10.3.0.1418 via Sachesi
Playbook 64 gb wifi retired
Galaxy tab4 5.0 given to me free
- 12-31-2012, 03:14 AM #165If it needs fixing, report it!BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4If you can't make it better with bacon, try again!
- 12-31-2012, 03:58 AM #166
I was addressing the poster's 2012 assertion that thread about apps are pointless, and drawing a parallel between that statement and the kind of thinking that got RIM in the disaster it created for itself. That there are people still echoing those sentiments, when faced with the results of that myopic thinking, is astonishing.
Maintain the status quo, assert how apps are unimportant, and Blackberry will cease to exist in the U.S. market. I've got these apps on my SGIII and my iPhone. I already know my way around those platforms. If BB cannot survive in the U.S. market I've got my transition well in place. But I want BB to remain viable, for very personal and also for professional reasons.
Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-31-2012 at 04:13 AM.
- 12-31-2012, 12:30 PM #167
So whatever you feel about the app personally, you're wrong about that statement.
regardless of wether whatsapp comes along later, most people will only go by their first impressions, and if BB10 comes across as light on apps, well we wont be growing
- 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM #168Either the squabbling and insults stop HERE or participants will be enjoying New Year's Day with "Banned" next to their avatar.
No more warnings... just action<a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
- 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM #169
I TRULY hope whatsapp is there at launch. We deserve a native versionYes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me
- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
- 12-31-2012, 01:46 PM #170VOTE UP THE Z10!!!!!
- Smartphone Rankings | PhoneDog
- Vote for the BlackBerry Z10 for Phone of the Year in the T3 Gadget Awards 2013
- Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
~*Jack of all trades can still be a master of some (. . .Hopefully)*~
- 12-31-2012, 04:30 PM #171
"The kind of thinking that got RIM in the disaster it created for itself" was the thinking that apps are not necessary at all.
"The poster's 2012 assertion that thread about apps are pointless" is not at all parallel. He is right in saying that crying about missing apps at this point is useless until we know which apps will be available and which won't. We won't know that until Jan. 30th.
Proclaiming that you are pointing out facts is what I find astonishing.RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
- 12-31-2012, 04:34 PM #172
- 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM #173RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
- CrackBerry Master
12-31-2012, 05:18 PM #175
- 1,021 Posts
- By AfroZepher in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 210Last Post: 11-18-2013, 12:44 PM
- By ChrisMartino in forum BlackBerry Curve 9370/9360/9350Replies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM
- By marksthespot60 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 26Last Post: 11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
- By nchesh in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2011, 04:54 AM
- By JerkyBob in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 04-02-2008, 04:16 PM