Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

I never liked whatsapp. Gave up on it a year or so ago. My cross platform and international contacts preferred Touch because it is email and mms text based.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,805 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Default Re: Whatsapp will not be on blackberry 10

It also supports groups....so I'm on a group that formed when some of us started getting devices other than BB.

It's more than just SMS.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    The Furbz (12-18-2012) 
    BergerKing and kevinnugent like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Its a big loss for WhatsApp, if the BB10 Launch event in January goes really well I am sure we will see WhatsApp making a scramble to support it. I think WhatsApp does not even support WP8 last I checked
    CrackBerry Genius

My BBM contacts: 0. My WhatsApp contacts: 3. My SMS/MMS contacts: pretty much everyone. I have unlimited SMS/MMS and unlimited data. It makes no difference to me.
    owadkelly likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

Default Re: Whatsapp will not be on blackberry 10

CrackBerry fell into sensationalist title mode.

should have read "whatsapp does not have plans to support BlackBerry 10 at the moment"
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    CHED NERVE

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_T View Post
    Is it drama to be disappointed that a feature some of us find important will not be supported? Feel free to use SMS if that gets the job done for you; I use it as well for many applications, but Whatsapp is an important part of how I communicate with friends and family, using group chats extensively with iPhone and Android users. I also have no reliable cell signal at my residence, but good wifi, so a data-based cross platform app is important to ME.

Just because you don't find something to be a big deal doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't.
    So what if the other person I'm trying to contact doesn't have Whatsapp? You guys make it sound like every one that is not on BlackBerry has Whatsapp... which is surely not the case.
    It's just another messaging app that some people use, some don't. It's not going to make or break BB10. Drama.
    RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry User

To Be honest they gonna change there mind they probaly hiding the fact there already made a app for BB10 and Rim is keeping them secret for 30th Jan.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DomenicoMarco View Post
    Agree! It would be really bad if whatsapp won't be on BB10! That's a fact!
    Or maybe one of the things RIM is hiding from us is that you can contact other services through the new BBM....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBF354

This is not set in stone, they can and probably will develop one if BlackBerry 10 picks up steam over the next year or so, but at the moment there's no incentive to develop for a platform that has virtually no customers.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by taes123 View Post
    To Be honest they gonna change there mind they probaly hiding the fact there already made a app for BB10 and Rim is keeping them secret for 30th Jan.
    You brought up a good point actually. I strongly believe that RIM is keeping a few named apps a secret for the launch. If this is the case, it could as well be they will have to lie to us in order not to reveal things before the launch. So who knows. All this could as well be "Is it truth or is it not" game at the moment.

It really doesn't make sense that apps like Whatsapp have been supporting older BB versions for this long and suddenly pull the plug on BB10, which is supposedly even easier to develop for than previous BBOS.

Also, from a business standpoint, doesn't it make more sense that the more consumers you have, the better you're off? What benefits do they gain from cutting off 80 million BB users when they could take a little time and add those potential clients to their bank account?
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    Banned

Who cares about whatscrap?
    Jake Storm likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,825 Global Posts

I guess WhatsApp doesn't #BB10Believe...

Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (12-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    Who cares about whatscrap?
    Only 100 million users on Android alone, plus the top rated paid app on the Apple app store to the tune of 10 billion messages a day.

Oh and I care too.
    CrackBerry Genius

Whatsapp is one of the very few apps I use, even on my Android. I hope BB10 will have a native version, but I guess I'll just sideload it if it's absent on release.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    southlander likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

No BB10 support from WhatApp is a dumb move in my opinion. It will just bring on a competitor who will support BlackBerry's 80+ million users along side iOS/Android. There are already other options...they will just take marketshare from WhatsApp.

That said...I think WhatsApp will come around and support it because at the end of the day they're only screwing themselves.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts

Im in Portugal and i use whatsapp to text to Canada and Brasil for free. Cant do it whit text! And the other person can have android or iOS. I hope bb10 has whatsapp...
    9630 > 9700 > 9800 + PB > 9810 + PB > 8700 + PB > 9900 + PB > iPhone 4s + iPad 2 > iPhone 5 + iPad 2 > iPhone 5S + iPad 2
    Darlaten likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Honestly I couldn't care less. I have one whatsapp contact who lives overseas in the winter and I made him download kik when I'm on the iPhone because I'm not paying for it. If they don't want to support BlackBerry 10 natively who cares I'll just sideload it. Takes 2 minutes to sideload. Or not use it. No loss to me.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,389 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

1. What happens and what they say now might be two different things depending on the immediate uptake of BB10.
    2. I'd expect them to NOT want to support BlackBerry at all since the demise of RIM and BBM would help them.
    3. I do not care as I do not use it. I BBM with my wife and pretty much SMS everyone else. Or even Facebook messaging...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by taes123 View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to wonder if this is the case. If it is something that is being saved for the launch, then Whatsapp would obviously not respond positively to any inquiries.

Guess we'll find out on January 30th.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts

Umm.. dude. Wp8 does have Whatsapp now. it just got released
    WhatsApp for Windows Phone 8 now available | Windows Phone Central
    CrackBerry Genius

You guys are just butthurt.
    I, and I'm pretty sure a lot of us, use whatsapp on a daily basis. BlackBerry is losing it's popularity in many places and whether you like it or not, not having the main cross platform messaging app is going to be quite a blow for BB10.
    That being said, I don't know why it is top. Whatsapp could possibly be the worst developed mainstream app. I have an iP5 and a 9900 so I cant speak for android users, but I very damn well know I've been having a lot of issues on both since day one. Huge battery drain for an app of such nature, messages stop pushing on the iphone after a while, contact list gets wiped, double message notification, not connecting to the server, etc.
    Short long story, I'll miss it and I won't. It wont deter me from buying the awesome phone the L series is going to be, but I kinda need it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

basically everyone i know regardless of platform use whatsapp! it needs to be on BB10! no excuse
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,802 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 11pts View Post
    basically everyone i know regardless of platform use whatsapp! it needs to be on BB10! no excuse
    Hello, I'm Anastasiophan and I don't use whatsapp. Now you know at least one person that doesn't use it.
    www.gbv.asia

"Bridging the Gap" between your Company and Asia
    -Global Business Ventures - Proud supporters of all things BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Definitely a niche app. Not as ubiquitous as Skype... Never heard of or used WhatsApp! until reading these sites. The vast majority of people have unlimited SMS and talk to people mostly within the US. My ex-gf, when she needs to talk to people abroad, uses Facebook or Skype or Tango. On my windows phone, facebook messages work like a kind of ****ty version of SMS. Google Talk can be used it pretty much the same way I think? I'm always amazed at the phone usage of people on these forums though... guess I'm not a very "serious" smartphone user. I guess for some people WhatsApp! could be a total necessity.

There was definitely a rocky start with WhatsApp on Windows Phone though. Wasn't available until late last year. It will come, just needs to be a reason for them to make it.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

I don`t use whatsapp but I am still pretty annoyed that the will not support BB10. The thing is that if an app that is suppose to be on all platforms will not be available for BB10 how can we expect to attract other apps such as Skype and Netflix especially those small developers now that they have heard this news. As well developers are going to be expecting this app to be on the phone at launch. If I was Marty Mallick I would be on the phone right now to Whatsapp since they said they targeted the most important apps per region and I know that application is huge in North America. lastly if anybody could contact RIM to see what they think about it.

BB10 Believe!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast