- 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM #4
i will be disappointed if the hardware is not capable of OpenCL and OpenGL ES 3.0.
even if not immediately supported by the initial release of BBOS10, having a clean platform capable of using new technologies from day 1 is a **** of an advantage to throw away, and i worry that RIM is about to do exactly that.
i would hope that the BBOS10 phones come with the dual-core krait chip sporting the adreno 320 GPU, as a minimum.
- 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM #5
what processor will be in the z10
I think there will be different chipsets for international and N/A models. There are some threads around here indicating the most likely candidates are the snapdragon s3 and a TI OMAP chip.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-26-2013, 04:06 PM #7
- 3,577 Posts
- 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM #9
- 01-27-2013, 10:59 AM #13
and FYI the plus has an Adreno 305 while the pro has 320
- CrackBerry Addict
01-27-2013, 08:35 PM #14
- 548 Posts
Meh, I will be happy as long as it comes with a processor. Seriously, they aren't going to have one that runs the OS like garbage so why worry about it? So what if someone else has more cores, is that going to make or break your buying decision? If it is going to, just wait six months because someone will have a faster one out, then wait another six because that one is already obsolete.
- 01-27-2013, 08:56 PM #15
I would love to see a Z10 with an OMAP 5430 be shown off on Wednesday and surprise everyone. Likely won't happen, but that would be cool to be the first phone running it. We know the QNX Bentley was using this processor so RIM has already worked with this processor.
- 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM #19
We'll have to wait until Wednesday to be sure, but it's looking like there will potentially be 1 of 2 CPUs in the Z10:
1.5 Ghz version of Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus (MSM8960)
1.5 Ghz version of the OMAP 4470: Texas Instruments OMAP 4 (4470)
Personally i'd be a little underwhelmed if the Z10 came out with the Galaxy S3's CPU (the S4), just half a year later, but ya never know.
- 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM #20New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
On Rogers Service
"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
- 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM #21
- By JDel23 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 70Last Post: 01-31-2013, 12:41 AM
- By himynameiscody in forum Hybrid OSReplies: 8Last Post: 12-14-2010, 10:50 PM
- By sportboy in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 11Last Post: 08-26-2009, 06:15 PM
- By CrackBerry Storm meh in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 03-05-2009, 05:18 PM
- By rightcoastsurf in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 11-15-2008, 09:46 PM