Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What the H+ll Is Thorsten Heins and Blackberry doing about the crashing stock price

Prior to the launch they were doing some good things for Investor Relations. But everyone was expecting more than just in intro to devices on January 30 that talked just about what everyone already knew. They lauch the phones and tell everyone the same day that the biggest market wont have the phone for close to two months. vThen they have a superbowl comercial when there are no phones available. The stock is tanking because of this. Get some news out on what happening in the UAE or other countries to show things are going well. Does he not see all the bearish remarks being made by US analysts because of the fact the damm phones are not yet out. The keyboard version wont be out for another 5 months. Are you kidding me. Is Thorsten Heins so clueless. The launch was a joke and now he does nothing as all the negative talk will only hurt sales around the world as people want shats hot and not dieing.
    tchocky77, BBNation and m0de25 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you don't have any faith in his company or his product, sell. The fiscal year ends on March 2. He literally can't post what everyone is waiting for, the numbers. They will be announced when he reports the end of the fiscal year. I can guarantee you one thing, if you don't have the guts to ride the waves that will happen until then due to the massive short position, it's time to pack up and sell.
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,331 Global Posts

What the H+ll Is Thorsten Heins and Blackberry doing about the crashing stock price-thor-has-meme.jpg

In before all the armchair analysts who know better than the CEO what is best for BlackBerry.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    Thanked by 18:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    aminrajabi (02-14-2013),  BB_Bmore (02-15-2013),  Bilaal (02-13-2013),  Blacklatino (02-15-2013),  dglx3d (02-14-2013),  Knightcrawler (02-14-2013),  megajo123 (02-14-2013),  mrskycar (02-15-2013),  ppeters914 (02-14-2013),  sheeraz_aa (02-13-2013),  sputneek (02-14-2013),  StormieTwo (02-15-2013),  Taigatrommel (02-13-2013),  Taipuma (02-14-2013),  Thunderbuck (02-13-2013),  Tom689 (02-14-2013) 
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Apple reports that they sell 3 million phones in 3 days yet BB mentions nothing positive.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    In before all the arm chair analysts who know better than the CEO what is best for BlackBerry.
    Too late
    Thanked by:
    Just Me (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't think BlackBerry management needs to respond to short-term gyrations in the stock price. BBRY is a very volatile stock and it isn't going to go up constantly. It goes up and down 10% or more for very little (or no) reason. Management needs to be focused on ensuring the long-term prospects of the company, not necessarily placating short-term traders.
    Thanked by 3:
    MaxR_A (02-13-2013),  Thunderbuck (02-13-2013),  web99 (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Calm down.
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Vivacqua View Post
    Apple reports that they sell 3 million phones in 3 days yet BB mentions nothing positive.
    They did announce something, it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

“In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone,” said Heins. “In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada.”

Attend an AGM and have your say.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    Thanked by 2:
    Knightcrawler (02-14-2013),  sheeraz_aa (02-13-2013) 
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Management needs some pizazz and marketing skills. Thorsten heins is not a marketing guy. The launch in New York had no style so i ask who is he hiring for marketing. You dont come out with a superbowl commercial when you dont have a phone to sell in that market. Its called marketing 101. Why isnt he spending some of that marketing budget towards newspaper articles and other types of promotional activities to countercat all the negative press. The negative analysts aare pushing the stock down and will also hurt sales as everything is PR and marketing. Its about what is hot and negative news makes this look like its going down the tube along with the stock price.

So what is Thorsten Heins and his people doing about the stock crash as it does matter.
    CrackBerry Addict

Is Thorsten Heins so clueless.
    methinks you are the one without a clue.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by 4:
    convenor (02-13-2013),  ovi08 (02-13-2013),  web99 (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

why can't Heins issue an order no more selling, only buyers are welcome?
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Marketing is perception. The analysts are negative so what do you think potential buyers will think when this phone if it ever comes out in the US. Its ridiculous to not be prepared to launch this phone no later than 2 weeks after the launch party. It makes no sense.
    CrackBerry Master

Maybe you could go off and start a site and call it, say, VentBerry or RantBerry?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post

In before all the armchair analysts who know better than the CEO what is best for BlackBerry.
    What the H+ll Is Thorsten Heins and Blackberry doing about the crashing stock price-in_before_the_lock-vi.jpg

I'm calling it!!!
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Genius

shouldn't have bought the stock if you didn't have the balls to sit on the stock while the bears try and push it their way.

its only a matter of time before the stock shoots up, the Z10 is great and the Q10 which will come out in April (which is 2 months not 5, since your math sucks) which will recapture the QWERTY market.
    CrackBerry Master

Marketing is perception. The analysts are negative so what do you think potential buyers will think when this phone if it ever comes out in the US. Its ridiculous to not be prepared to launch this phone no later than 2 weeks after the launch party. It makes no sense.
    perhaps read this how the delay can turn for the better:
    BlackBerry 10 Delays Are Buzz-Building, Not Disasters | Pocketnow

and this:

http://news.yahoo.com/interest-black...223659328.html
    Last edited by silversun10; 02-13-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Management needs some pizazz and marketing skills. Thorsten heins is not a marketing guy. The launch in New York had no style so i ask who is he hiring for marketing. You dont come out with a superbowl commercial when you dont have a phone to sell in that market. Its called marketing 101. Why isnt he spending some of that marketing budget towards newspaper articles and other types of promotional activities to countercat all the negative press. The negative analysts aare pushing the stock down and will also hurt sales as everything is PR and marketing. Its about what is hot and negative news makes this look like its going down the tube along with the stock price.

So what is Thorsten Heins and his people doing about the stock crash as it does matter.
    this is why you're the CEO of a multi billion dollar organization

you're wrong, youve been proven wrong learn to bow down and learn from your defeat
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,693 Global Posts

Oh no.... I can see it now. Another hijack
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

OK...better accept this defeat before "The Challenge" crew see's it...:, don't say you weren’t warned rotfl:
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

I am long time follower and supporter of RIM and gave them benifit of doubt after PB launch but like some people say RIM will RIM. The worse compnay to communicate, market and PR. Make annoucements when not needed, do not say much needed. It's like we are fighting at all fronts including consumers, enterprises, apple, samsung, shorts, hedge fund managers, media, goverments..))
    Banned

I think Thorsten Heins' plan to get the stock price up is to sell lots of phones.

Do you really think the company needs a higher stock price in the near future to lock in their success?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Bobcat665 and Acumenight like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I think people are pushing this stock down to buy in and keep it for the long run. i would rather apple comes up with a big version as that will leave bb one of the best option for handheld sizes.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

I want bb to succeed. Im not a short or basher. But this company has made plenty of stupid mistakes in the past and are doing more mistakes now at the worst time. Learn from apple and how to market a product. For every good news article or stock analyst there are 3 bad ones. They have to fight these negative bashing and not wait 2 months for the earnings and for when they finally sell the phones in the biggest markt in the world. In 4 weeks the damage will be done and this stock will b e at $8 bucks a share.

Tell thorsten heins and blackberry to start fighting
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Stock price and sales go hand in hand.

All the talk about mobile computing but not one thing explaining what the **** that means. We need that now and not 6 months from now unless its crap.
    CrackBerry Genius

Trading in stocks is essentially gambling... It goes down on bad analyst report... it goes up on a good one.... considering the number of investors "shorting" the stock right now... it is actually doing quite well right now.... tomorrow could have a good report or news it will go back up.... as posted by others... if you do not have the nerve to ride it out you should sell..... As for reporting sales... Apple has the luxury but even then they give general numbers.... what will be interesting about BB is their sell through... should be an interesting quarter....
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast