Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default what do you think will be the price of bb10 on a contract ?

What do you think the price of new bb10 will be on the contract.

i think bb10 will cost $150 with 3 year contract. it should definitely be lower whatever the price of iphone 5 will be.
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    PIN
    331404b2

Default not so

the price will be the same as iphone 5, or slightly less, but not much differant. this phone will be a big seller,trust me.
    bitek likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

I'd imagine it will be on par with the iPhone 5 and the s3. RIM should look into making it 50 - 100 bucks cheaper though, since they need all the help they can get right now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts

$199 on contract would be the absolute maximum. It really has to be priced to the market though.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Wasn't the Bold 9900 like $299 on a 2 year contract?

I hope it's not like that.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2151F248

Yeah in US or others countries, here in Mexico, 9900 is $400 with 2 years contract!!, so i assume BB10 will cost the same here in Mexico

Regards

Global Posts
    23,390 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

199-250 on 2-3 contract
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    GTiLeo likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,380 Global Posts

On Sprint, the 9930 is still 199.99 with a 2 year contract. The Galaxy S3 is 199.99 for the 16gb and 249.99 for the 32gb. The iPhone 4s has been reduced by 50.00 in anticipation of the iPhone 5, but was at 199.99, 299.99, and 399.99 (16, 32, 64gb).

Based on that, I'd assume that the 9930 will drop for Christmas shopping time (assuming no more delays) and first BB10 phone will be priced similarly to the Galaxy S assuming there will be more than one storage option.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    199-250 on 2-3 contract
    this mostlikely will be 299.99 with a $50 rebate like all the other high end berries are and 249.99 with$ 50 rebate on the lower end curves

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    I'd imagine it will be on par with the iPhone 5 and the s3. RIM should look into making it 50 - 100 bucks cheaper though, since they need all the help they can get right now.
    RIM has almost no influence on carrier's subsidised price for a contract phone, and it will certainly vary between carriers depending on the contract duration and monthly base charge. Users would do better to consider Total Cost of Ownership over the life of the contract.

Having said that, I suspect we will see US carrier pricing controlled mainly to guide buyers to the device providing maximum profit to the seller. If Samsung goes on short supply with an import ban that could make it a straight fight between devices from Apple and RIM.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts

I will pay $800.00 off contract, which is what I expect the price to be in India. By the way, the distributor rumours are that the BB10 phone will be launched in India first. Let's see how that pans out. If it does, you will have one very happy and smug Indian on the CB forums....
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by sam_b77 View Post
    I will pay $800.00 off contract, which is what I expect the price to be in India. By the way, the distributor rumours are that the BB10 phone will be launched in India first. Let's see how that pans out. If it does, you will have one very happy and smug Indian on the CB forums....
    that is brutal.
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

I expect to buy an unsub'd for around $599-749

Contract should be in the $199-249 range.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm more concerned with how much will they be off-contract in the US, nowhere even close to a upgrade.

I'm sure whatever the price, it'll be more than I want to pay. I'll pay it anyway
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts

Hmm sucks you guys get 3 year contracts but over here we have 2 year ones so 199
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

We have 1, 2, and 3 year contracts, though you get the cheapest price for the longest contract. For some reason my carrier didn't offer a one year when I bought my device.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts

I've heard of them, does the monthly price lower after the contract
    CrackBerry User

A bit off topic (apologies in advance):

I understand the economics of driving customers to the devices that fetch the best data fees for carriers, but I'd be very interested to see what kind of device turnover we'd see if devices ceased to be subsidized in any way. Which is to say, would iPhone users blow through $600 (or whatever)/yr to stay "current," or would they wait a round or two before upgrading? Or RIM fans, for that matter...would WE shell out that $ (and how much)? Yes... I know we're multi-year "waiters" by defailt...

Posed this query to a mobile indy buddy (who laughed mightily at the thought). Said some Androiders (Sammy fans, specifically, being of excess gadgeteer wealth) and BBs (more businesss-focused, and thus greater expendable income users PROVIDED they gave a functionally compelling reason TO upgrade) would likely float to the top w/such a system... This made me grin (said individual has been spot on a number of things over the years). Then they sobered me up by reminding me this no-subsidy system won't come anytime soon stateside. Lol.

Sent from a mysterious device beyond your wildest imagination...
    CrackBerry Master

Someone at Telus has said $450-500-ish but I doubt it. I'm expecting $650.
    CrackBerry User

It's funny because this morning during one of my snoozes, when the radio went on (and before I hit the snooze button again) an ad was playing advertising an iPhone4 for $0.00 with a 3 year contract.

I can't remember if it was Bell or another smaller carrier because I was still in snooze mode. I hit the snooze button before the commercial ended....hehehe
    Last edited by Injection Classique; 08-30-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: It was Telus....lol. Just heard the ad again...
    CrackBerry Genius

The real question is when will RIM release a lower cost BB10 device. I know that the higher end devices get all the attention, but most of the people I know seem to be going more for the sub $100 device with 2-year contract.

If RIM is serious about sales numbers, they are really going to need a devices that carrier's can sell at this price point and still be profitable.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    PIN
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Injection Classique View Post
    It's funny because this morning during one of my snoozes, when the radio went on (and before I hit the snooze button again) an ad was playing advertising an iPhone4 for $0.00 with a 3 year contract.
    I can't remember if it was Bell or another smaller carrier because I was still in snooze mode. I hit the snooze button before the commercial ended....hehehe
    That promo is for the 8bg model. Not worth the time or effort.

Anyhow, I can see the contract price for the BB10 devices being on par with the GS3, iPhone 5, and the like. With that being said, the one advantage with devices other than Apple is that, once in a while they will go on a contract sale where a person can get the phone at a cheaper price.

The only time Apple devices go on contract sale is when the carriers need to clean up inventory for the next iteration of the iPhone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B0B179E

Tmobile had it for $299 when it first dropped. Im sure it will be the standard $199 with a 2 year contract

Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

I'm hoping for not much more than $599 off contract.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast