- CrackBerry Addict
- 929 Posts
What can we do to help promote Blackberry 10?
I know it is an ultimate fangirl thing to do but... Just wondering if there are anything we can do to help promote Blackberry 10, especially in the US market? But as a shareholder as well, I do have an interest in BB's long term well being
Maybe we can brainstorm ways we can help push public's awareness? Just a suggestion.
- 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM #5
Not much to be done until the product shows up in the US.
For those that have picked up an early Z10 off E-Bay or similar reseller, the best marketing tool is the Z10 itself.PlayBook 64GB, PlayBook 32GB (gone the way of my Coleco ADAM)
- 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM #6
Bring it to the US, and I might promote it.
- 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM #8
RE: What can we do to help promote Blackberry 10?
Be a decent human being when they come to these forums and ask, "can bb10 do x, y, z like iPhone can. There's being a fanboy about a device and being excited but when you turn into, I won't mention names, some people here you get turned off and want nothing to do with it. Also SHOW what your device can do and not just say, "it's better than x, y, z" without any justification at all. Also don't call people sheep because they're a fan of the device. My 2 cents
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board ExpressHTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5
If I don't respond to you, it probably means that I am tired of the thread. Please PM me if you need to ask me something, vent, whine, respond to a post, ect.
- 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM #9
I've used good old-fashioned word of mouth. I've told my iPhone, Droid, and fellow BB friends about it. I've also emailed articles from CB to people, utilized social media to tweet about it, and made a special BB10 photo album on FB with screenshots from the BB Z10 website. When I get my new phone next month I'll be sure to post pics to FB and Twitter as well. I'm promoting the heck out of it! :-)
EDIT: Also, I want to make my own video inspired by Rachelle Wilde once I get my Z10 as well. Only it will be kind of different. ;-) Can't wait for BB10!!!
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-12-2013, 02:40 PM #10
- 381 Posts
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-12-2013, 02:47 PM #11
- 226 Posts
At a local Futureshop they have Apple and Samsung displays at the front and BlackBerry tucked away in the back. Let's just say the manager fully understood my displeasure with this. He also said that it was corporate who decided the layout.
As for what I do? I go to al the different tablets or phones that are connected to wifi and turn on the browser and go to a BlackBerry website.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-12-2013, 05:04 PM #13
- 390 Posts
Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube It's already had > 50k hits. I also noted that Samsung seem to be advertising on top of this Ad on YouTube
- 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM #158320>8520>Various dumb phones and Droids which shall remain nameless>Z10 goodness!!!
- CrackBerry User
02-12-2013, 08:10 PM #19
- 76 Posts
I was at a future shop looking at accessaries when I saw some people looking at the demo z10 which only plays a demo video.
Then I gave them a real demo and one of them was able to make up his mind to pre-order the Q10 after seeing the smooth experience.
You are welcome, BlackBerry.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- CrackBerry Genius
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM #21
- 3,479 Posts
nothing,,, unless they want to pay me or give me a free phone to do the job that someone else is paid AAALLLOOOTTT of money to do,,, or they could always put out the PlayBook update before the phone is released in the U.S. to get the buzz cooking (just had to say it)..."THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"
I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."
- CrackBerry Addict
- 929 Posts
Got mine 1st Feb actually.
I think part of the reason why I really want BB to succeed is because I have been telling people all this time that they will, and people have been telling me to just get an iPhone or Samsung. I've never gotten any single phone besides a Blackberry since my Pearl.
I do some investment banking on the side and I was soooo annoyed that 3 banks I knew of recommended me/my friend to buy Apple and many were so skeptical about RIMM I started to doubt myself. Even when $RIMM was priced at $8. In the end I only entered at $11.
Last Nov, one even tried to ask me to buy a structured note betting that $AAPL will definitely do 10% (relative to their own prices) better than $RIMM or I will have to pay their lost. (of course they pay interest). I was soo adamant not to buy (one of the few times I've actually refused any recommendations), and thank god for my faith in RIMM. (It also leads me to believe that the crazy $AAPL price drop was pre meditated with many investment companies having covered their arses months before)
It is not just profits I want from my shares, I just dislike Apple and the banks sucking up to them and I want $BBRY to prove them wrong. I am also annoyed that years ago, I wanted to buy the Playbook (before it was launched) and the guy promoting it actually told me to get an iPad as it is better instead. I never managed to buy a Playbook after that.
Also, I tend to get obsessive over things I love. I know it sounds crazy but, I am also quite bored atm.
Just my way of doing things. Sounds quite selfish when I type it out.
- CrackBerry User
02-12-2013, 09:45 PM #24
- 23 Posts
- CrackBerry Master
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM #25
- 1,077 Posts
Here is what we can do (and here is what I am doing):
1. Show/Demo BlackBerry 10 experience to your friends and family. I think features like 'Hub' can only be appreciated after they've been experienced. So, maybe you can lend your BB 10 to your friend/family for couple of days (set it up with their email accounts etc) and teach them some basic gestures? BlackBerry is an ultra productive device but most of these productive features can be appreciated only after you've really used and experienced them.
2. When you go to a store, ask about BlackBerry 10, ask to see a demo, ask some questions, remark how cool it is! The more you ask, the more sales-people are going to have to learn about BB 10 themselves. I find that a lot of sales-reps don't know much about BB 10 and haven't taken the time to learn it. So, it's important to get them to learn BB 10 as well. This way, they will provide better experience to potential BB 10 customers. If they don't give you great answers or give you answers that you know are incorrect, let their managers know that these sales-reps need training on BB 10 features.
3. Email your favourite companies/app-developers and ask them if they are going to develop BB 10 native app soon. I email my bank, my broker and other app-developers (NetFlix, Hulu, Skype, Amazon, FixMo etc.) and then I follow-up with them every few weeks to see if they have an update.
4. Email BlackBerry Support team, Post on official BlackBerry forums any bugs and feature requests. Give constructive feedback to official Team BlackBerry so they can enhance BlackBerry 10 device with software updates. Follow-up with them over twitter and official forums, ask them when can you expect software updates? I occasionally tweet them (once a week) asking about updates etc.
BlackBerry 10 is already a great device. Software updates and features based on user-feedback is going to make it phenomenal! Just need to make sure that a) we actually leave constructive feedback on official BlackBerry forums and b) we follow-up with official BlackBerry Support and ask when these updates are coming.
5. Talk about it on social media (twitter, facebook etc.). Share BB 10 commercials/videos etc.
What's in it for us? The more support BlackBerry 10 gets, the more apps and OS updates we get!***
1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
- By syn-ack in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 37Last Post: 07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
- By decypher44 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
- By Joe257 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 35Last Post: 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM
- By deputydog95 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 01-02-2009, 10:38 AM
- By Yamaha_Joe in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 09-12-2008, 01:26 PM