Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    how do I get to this web page myself? I can't seem to find it
    That looks like Verizon's own intranet. No access from the outside.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    Bell mobility is registering the Z10 with a blackberry specific data access point, so that it cannot be used with any data plan except for blackberry specific plans. So your grandfathered or promotional plans will not work if you're coming from Android or iPhone.
    I spoke to a VZW rep about this earlier in January. I asked specifically if the new BB's would require any special data plan. She said that I will stay on my current data plan and will require nothing different. I asked her to clarify if my data plan will require any changes from using my Android to when I get the Z10 and she no changes to what I have now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

This was taken from verizon's intranet, out internal network. Starting a new thread with pricing info.
    CrackBerry Addict

I just went to Verizon's home page, I don't even see the Z10 listed anywhere on the main screen. Heck, when the iPhone was being released for the first time, you couldn't get away from it on their site. :-/
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Camelhmpz View Post
    I just went to Verizon's home page, I don't even see the Z10 listed anywhere on the main screen. Heck, when the iPhone was being released for the first time, you couldn't get away from it on their site. :-/
    No kidding! If you're shopping for a phone, you have to click to specifically show any BB device. Whereas most of the other smartphones show up together by brand. The only Z10 information I could find on their site was to specifically search for "Z10" in their search bar. So unless you know to look for information on the VZW Z10, you aren't going to just stumble onto it accidentally on their site.

VZW isn't exactly what I'd call BB friendly.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by Camelhmpz View Post
    When you go to the business site, they pimp it first:

Verizon still in testing Z10-login_lower_right_promo.jpg

b2b.verizonwireless.com
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    Thanked by:
    Mr.Monty (02-13-2013) 
    Mr.Monty and Bobcat665 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

That's great news ! But what's more mindblown is that OP uses Internet Explorer, people still uses that ? Just kidding

But Google Chrome FTW ...
    rav813 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

To add to the rumors... My VZW rep said he received a package of information on the Z10. While it didn't have a release date, it typically launches within 30 days after getting the information. He told me about that on Feb 7th.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jedwards73 View Post
    To add to the rumors... My VZW rep said he received a package of information on the Z10. While it didn't have a release date, it typically launches within 30 days after getting the information. He told me about that on Feb 7th.
    Let's hope so!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vzinside View Post
    When I clicked on that link, it sent me here BlackBerry 10 Ready - BlackBerry Enterprise Service - US
    Not sure what that means, but all the info I can find is for the infrastructure, it's inside Verizon, getting sales reps up to date and trained with it and the such.
    Sounds like they are working with their larger corporate customers (like my Fortune 100 company, which I'm not allowed to name in public forums according to company policy) to get BES10 fully implemented. Our company has been working on our BES10 client, but the phones won't roll out until the carriers are ready for it as well....and I was told mid-March by our IT folks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Looks like it's a race between VZW and T-Mo!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jedwards73 View Post
    The screen leak says ETA early March. We'll see.................
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Verizon still in testing Z10

damn that was along post. this article has no facts as to why verizon will release in april. This is just rubbish they said march it ll be march

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jbiggdaddy View Post
    make latinos post your homepage |
    Verizon Blackberry Z10 Release Date Could End Up Being Later Than T-Mobile

IMHO I don't see Verizon or even AT&T letting T-Mobile advance like that. Not when Verizon apparently negotiated for the White version exclusively. While that can be interpreted both ways:

A: ) Verizon to BB "Give us a reason to launch your new platform"
    or
    B: ) Verizon to BB "Give us a different color option to help flock new customers and we will help promote your new platform when it launches"

From what I see now, it looks like my "A" version makes more sense to me, as much as I dislike it. It only seems like a few short months back owning a BlackBerry meant you had a real "smartphone". I think Verizon's pleading to Apple with the iPhone 4 did two things. One, it severely cut the BlackBerry market in the US. (For those of us who stick with Verizon and always had a smartphone) That caused the appeal of BlackBerry to be diminished in the US, because many Verizon users (myself included) jumped to Apple after waiting years for a real touch screen smartphones, thus making BB feel "old school". Two, Verizon now has to push the Apple machine a lot more to compete with AT&T. I don't know how it looks to even push one product at a carrier more than another... if you think about it, it's kinda not even their job. Their job 'should' be to promote their service and prices... however with a device being exclusive, which doesn't appear the Z10 is, I can understand the partnership in promoting, but not with iPhones and Z10s now. Just give them EQUAL time and promo space.
    Last edited by Camelhmpz; 02-13-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: format
    CrackBerry Abuser

The main page link for the Z10 has been missing from Verizon since yesterday.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon still in testing Z10

Well this is the "most credible" info yet in my eyes. hoping this is true. would make me a lot happier and will make a great early birthday.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

I agree - all these rumors of April have me down, but this looks legit to me.
    CrackBerry Addict

It's April... let's all deal with it... I think if we all plan on it being released the last day in April, anything else will be a pleasant surprise!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

here is an email I just received from Verizon Wireless "customer care"

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonWireless

Hello,

I truly understand your frustration. I can assure you, you are a valued customer. I am not sure where the news article you read has received its information, because we have not been given any release dates at this time.Verizon Wireless does not decide when that phone will be released. That is decided by the Manufacturer. I happen to be one of the eager people waiting for the new Blackberry. I myself was elated when I found out Blackberry was finally doing something to keep up with the other Manufacturers. I have always been a huge fan of my Blackberry but have been getting a little upset.

Please understand as soon as we have been given the information on release you will know. We had many issues like this when the CNN report came out about Blackberry. Many customers read that Verizon Wireless refused to release it until March or April. When what happened was that Blackberry chose to release it outside of United States. We have not been privy to why that is.

I am very sorry that you have come to feel like because you’re not a Droid or Iphone user that we don't think of you as valued. That is not the case; to be honest Verizon was the first company Apple came to when they wanted to release the Iphone years ago. We turned them down. Verizon far preferred the Blackberry devices. The recent change of heart came from the outcry of our customers wanting the Iphone.

That all being said, if I hear of anything more regarding the release of the Blackberry, I will be sure to let you know personally. Keep your eyes on our website. The website is where you will read the most updated honest information regarding release dates. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope you have a great rest of your day, and a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely,
    Heather

Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

If that is true about the iPhone, Verizon Wireless has to be the dumbest company on the face of the planet.

AND, this seem like it was written by some automatic customer web-bot.... iPhone and Manufacturer capitalized? repeatedly? Like some predetermined, canned responses copy and pasted or something....

Follow the flow chart little VZW minions....
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    If that is true about the iPhone, Verizon Wireless has to be the dumbest company on the face of the planet.
    I thought that was pretty common knowledge. It's actually a pretty funny story. I'd advise reading into it.
    CrackBerry User

Verizon seems to be pretty insistent from all the emails people have posted here that it's BlackBerry's fault there is no date. One thing I find strange is the STL100-4 model of the Z10 (the one with Verizon bands) still has not appeared on the FCC's website which means it does not have a grant of authorization from the FCC yet. That not appearing can either be due to not passing testing yet or BlackBerry requesting the FCC defer a grant of authorization until a particular date.

I think BlackBerry delaying it is more likely, but it'll be interesting to see the date when BlackBerry submitted the testing reports to the FCC when it finally gets posted. The whole thing seems weird because the GSM variants of the Z10 were given grants of authorization back on 12/30/2012. Maybe they decided to focus on the GSM version and deal with the CDMA later and hence delay the US launch? Even if the GSM versions were ready, I don't see VZW signing on for this device if BlackBerry allowed AT&T and T-Mobile to get the device before their version was even ready. Whatever the case, it appears planned the Z10 was not going to be launched in the US right away if the CDMA version is still not FCC-approved.
    CrackBerry Abuser

SixStringMadness:
    That letter from Heather at VZW is one of the most bizarre examples of a customer care letter I've seen!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Verizon still in testing Z10

Quote Originally Posted by k5resort View Post
    Verizon seems to be pretty insistent from all the emails people have posted here that it's BlackBerry's fault there is no date. One thing I find strange is the STL100-4 model of the Z10 (the one with Verizon bands) still has not appeared on the FCC's website which means it does not have a grant of authorization from the FCC yet. That not appearing can either be due to not passing testing yet or BlackBerry requesting the FCC defer a grant of authorization until a particular date.

I think BlackBerry delaying it is more likely, but it'll be interesting to see the date when BlackBerry submitted the testing reports to the FCC when it finally gets posted. The whole thing seems weird because the GSM variants of the Z10 were given grants of authorization back on 12/30/2012. Maybe they decided to focus on the GSM version and deal with the CDMA later and hence delay the US launch? Even if the GSM versions were ready, I don't see VZW signing on for this device if BlackBerry allowed AT&T and T-Mobile to get the device before their version was even ready. Whatever the case, it appears planned the Z10 was not going to be launched in the US right away if the CDMA version is still not FCC-approved.
    whats interesting about the STL100-4 is that it only supports Verizon's CDMA and LTE network, so outside its MVNOs, Verizon pretty much has a world exclusive on the Z10 out of all the existing CDMA carriers out there. wtf?!

Us Sprint users can only hope that the CDMA Z10 hasnt popped up on the FCC yet is because they pulled it back to add the chipset for more LTE bands - preferably Band 25.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Looks more like the old RIM then a new BB.

Blaming everyone but themselves for failing at launch time.

HTC One is looking better with each passing day.
    Tim
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Quote Originally Posted by shellnsean View Post
    SixStringMadness:
    That letter from Heather at VZW is one of the most bizarre examples of a customer care letter I've seen!

That's what gives me the impression that it is either some canned, pre-written text for them to copy/paste in their replies, or some semi-intelligent software responding (very off chance, but seems slightly possible). It is eerily similar to another email I received from them, and I'm curious to see what a third is going to look like to my corporate email address where I voiced similar complaints.

Although they take about 2 or 3 days to respond......
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast