CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tizen...do not like

Looks pretty dated and boring, even for a developer build

http://www.viddler.com/v/3e64aa3
    #itsjustaphone

My band Fuse Box (powered by BlackBerry)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,659 Global Posts

Default Re: Tizen...do not like

Looks dull, kinda like a childs toy version of Android.
    CrackBerry Master

yeah looks built for the ultra low end. How could it compete with BB10 with lesser specs IDK
    CrackBerry Genius

Meh. A lot of people didn't like the look of the BB10 UI when we were looking at leaked pictures of it.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,974 Global Posts

That has a long way to go.
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm surprised at the state of Tizen. Meego looks significantly better on the N9 than the Tizen on the prototype. Worse is that it really looks a lot like Android...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by netwerx1 View Post
    Looks pretty dated and boring, even for a developer build

[video]http://www.viddler.com/v/3e64aa3[/url]
    He did mentioned that it was a reference device given to developers. Perhaps its like BB10 Dev Alpha, when it was first handed out its OS was basically a scaled down version of the PlayBook, which, is dated and boring too. Perhaps Samsung was simply trying to keep the element of surprise for the OS and simply did a basic UI just for app testing purposes. I wouldn't count on the final OS looking like that.
    Masahiro likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Hong View Post
    He did mentioned that it was a reference device given to developers. Perhaps its like BB10 Dev Alpha, when it was first handed out its OS was basically a scaled down version of the PlayBook, which, is dated and boring too. Perhaps Samsung was simply trying to keep the element of surprise for the OS and simply did a basic UI just for app testing purposes. I wouldn't count on the final OS looking like that.
    Exactly. We went through the same thing with BB10. Ultimately it will only matter when it's actually released to the public.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Meh. A lot of people didn't like the look of the BB10 UI when we were looking at leaked pictures of it.
    yeah i agree. Im sure a lot of people on imore,wpcentral were saying the exact same thing about bb10 when it was being shown off
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

I don't get why these guys don't just take webOS which was actually intuitive and had a nice UI instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
    bb10_fan likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Exactly. We went through the same thing with BB10. Ultimately it will only matter when it's actually released to the public.
    I'm sure it will get better so that phone companies can try to sell their own software LMAO
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts

Looks a bit more modern than BB10 but that is my opinion. BB10 functions like MeeGo but this OS looks more like a matte finish of MeeGo

Tizen...do not like-tizenscreenies_191744094588_640x360.jpg
    Tizen...do not like-54.jpg
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I'm not sure you get it.

Tizen is specifically built with zero elements that are potentially copyrighted. It also can run Android apps with no issues. Add in that the steering group (and the sponsors) consist of Samsung and Intel and I think the intention is pretty clear.

Samsung launches a few Tizen phones to gain experience and make sure everything works. Once they are sure they put TouchWiz on it and ditch Android. That way they no longer get sued, no longer have to pay license fees and also are no longer beholden to Google. They'll just open their own app store and make it super easy to put Android apps in it.
    Thanked by:
    Knightcrawler (02-27-2013) 
    00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,397 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
    I'm not sure you get it.

Tizen is specifically built with zero elements that are potentially copyrighted. It also can run Android apps with no issues. Add in that the steering group (and the sponsors) consist of Samsung and Intel and I think the intention is pretty clear.

Samsung launches a few Tizen phones to gain experience and make sure everything works. Once they are sure they put TouchWiz on it and ditch Android. That way they no longer get sued, no longer have to pay license fees and also are no longer beholden to Google. They'll just open their own app store and make it super easy to put Android apps in it.
    Yea I think that's their ultimate plan too. It will be a few years, but eventually they plan to use their standing as the biggest phone company in the world to push Tizen & get out from under Google's thumb. They will also have more control over the OS on their phones, & they will no longer have to pay big licensing fees to M$ for using the "free" android.

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

The time bar looked like the playbook just a little bit.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    Yea I think that's their ultimate plan too. It will be a few years, but eventually they plan to use their standing as the biggest phone company in the world to push Tizen & get out from under Google's thumb. They will also have more control over the OS on their phones, & they will no longer have to pay big licensing fees to M$ for using the "free" android.
    Bingo.

Google should be worried - VERY worried - about this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

I'm not sure you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBPandy View Post
    Bingo.

Google should be worried - VERY worried - about this.
    They are, there's a ton of recent articles about Google's CEO discussing this issue specifically. They kinda let the cat out of the bag that their early statements about only buying Motorola for patents was just a smokescreen. They very much plan this year to make the Google Phone presence even stronger starting with the Motorola X which is more than likely going to end up renamed the Google X for official launch or at least have Google branding on it. Personally I think Samsung is making a BIG strategic error here. They're overestimating how many people will follow them because it's a "Samsung phone" rather than an android phone. Some will go, but I predict the feedback on media sources will be negative for Tizen and positive for Android, which is going to influence device reviews that are reaching the potential buyers reading them. Microsoft and RIM are both struggling mightily for their pieces of the mobile pie already with their own built in userbases, Samsung should take note (no pun intended).
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Sorry but your assumptions fly in the face of everything marketing surveys say about the smartphone buying public. For the most part they don't care what the OS is - all they care about is the hardware and if it has their favorite apps. Samsung is far and away the #1 smartphone OEM in the world and has already built a distinct brand awareness to its Galaxy smartphone line. So yes people think more about it being Samsung than about it being Android.

RIM and Microsoft aren't valid examples here either - RIM lost its userbase through neglect and outdated technology. Microsoft is basically starting over and actually the WP8 sales figures show they are gaining some traction. Remember the only thing Android has had going for it was really that "it's not iOS". Well, Tizen offers that same benefit without the issues surrounding licensed technology.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    Looks a bit more modern than BB10 but that is my opinion. BB10 functions like MeeGo but this OS looks more like a matte finish of MeeGo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tizenscreenies_191744094588_640x360.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	138051
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	138052
    hmm lots of wasted space on that keyboard
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Tizen is laughable HAHAHAHAHAH
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default RE: Tizen...do not like

The average consumer wouldn't care whether it's a tizen or an android. They will buy it because it's Samsung. And it's not that Samsung is apple. But Samsung covers every price point so quickly and so effectively with their godly supply chain that it will just sell.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

You mean it looks a bit rounder than BB10, modern ? don't think so, i mean, HOME BUTTON, and for multitasking, PRESS AND HOLD HOME BUTTON, to bring you up to a LIST of apps. lol more modern really ?? don't make me laugh, that looks like a gameboy UI compare to BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Samesung strikes again.
    CrackBerry Addict

samsung can **** ** **** lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

It looks like Android 2.1 now, but the final version will almost certainly have Samsung's TouchWiz UI on it to give it a more familiar feel to consumers. Also, contrary to what someone said before me, Android apps can't run natively, they have to be converted. There was a CNET article this morning that confirms that in an interview with a Korean game developer that ported one of its games over to Tizen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast