• 2 Post By W Hoa
  • 1 Post By MoolahMitch
  • 1 Post By Rooster99
  • 2 Post By Marc_Paradise
  • 1 Post By SK122387
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The Tide Turns: Another positive analysis of RIM

This is a substantial article which is essentially a synopsis of RIM's situation at the moment.

I've included the closing paragrahs of a very thorough analysis. It is well written and worthy of a read.

RIM: Making The Case For A Comeback - Seeking Alpha

Vision for the future

The team at RIMM has lost a lot of credibility over these last couple of years. The new CEO Thorsten Heins has slowly been at work picking up the pieces left behind by the former CEO team. By delivering on key dates in recent months and quietly assembling a team of seasoned turn around experts he is gaining some supporters as a CEO who can deliver. He recently outlined some vision of the future in Mobile Computing where the smartphone becomes your key tool in the workplace. He see's a future where we no longer have desktop PC's but rather employees coming to work and porting in their smartphone device to work with.

Research in Motion built this segment. Their fall from grace was filled with blundering missteps and missed opportunities. I think they have taken a step back and understand clearly where they failed and have devised a strategy that can get them back in the game.

BB10 is their "Hail Mary Pass," and iI think they have enough receivers in the end zone to make the catch.
    Thanked by 6:
    jamezalexander (11-16-2012),  Knightcrawler (11-16-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-16-2012),  Thunderbuck (11-16-2012),  Wino Ryder (11-16-2012),  zyben (11-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

a very balanced and thoughtful article, I agree.........Let's see how long it takes for it to be ceremoniously dismissed by one of our own.

tkh
    "Every tradition constructed by human beings is subject to ossified arrogance, blinding pomposity and outright bigotry. That is true not just for Judaism, not just for Christianity, not just for Islam, it is true for secular traditions as well."

Dr. Cornel West
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

The analysis and the wordings are very thought out. The points made have been said before, but the good thing imho is more people are seeing the same positive side of RIM.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

There was a Velocity Alert on Bloomberg due to the amount of social network updates about $RIMM and stock price has risen to 9.23, up 5% since 14:30 EST

Sentiment is definitely changing for $RIMM but the stock price will probably take a dive next week due to short selling.
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Rather than a short dive maybe a short squeeze?

RIM (or RIMM) has blown through every moving average except for the 200 day. And it's less than a dollar from that goal.
    peter9477 and MoolahMitch like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

And we have this:

UPDATE: RIM (RIMM) Shares Ramp Higher on Market Chatter
    2:54 PM ET, 11/16/2012 - (Updated - November 16, 20123:30 PM EST)

(Updated - November 16, 20123:02 PM EST)

Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ: RIMM) is ticking higher late Friday, shares now creeping into positive territory. The stock is up 2 percent on the session.

UPDATE - Market chatter is that a large fund is buying shares of RIM, though no specific names are floating around.

UPDATE 2 - Sources have said that the Chow Fund made some purchases about 20 to 21 hours ago, though the news hasn't been picked up yet. Since first reporting, RIM shares are up an additional 2 percent to about $9.14 Friday afternoon.
    Thanked by 2:
    Knightcrawler (11-16-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-16-2012) 
    Bobcat665 and Superfly_FR like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by W Hoa View Post
    And we have this:

UPDATE: RIM (RIMM) Shares Ramp Higher on Market Chatter
    2:54 PM ET, 11/16/2012 - (Updated - November 16, 20123:30 PM EST)

(Updated - November 16, 20123:02 PM EST)

Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ: RIMM) is ticking higher late Friday, shares now creeping into positive territory. The stock is up 2 percent on the session.

UPDATE - Market chatter is that a large fund is buying shares of RIM, though no specific names are floating around.

UPDATE 2 - Sources have said that the Chow Fund made some purchases about 20 to 21 hours ago, though the news hasn't been picked up yet. Since first reporting, RIM shares are up an additional 2 percent to about $9.14 Friday afternoon.
    Explains the sudden sharp rise and then that probably caused a nice short squeeze that should continue to Monday.
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Funny thing is this was out yesterday in Canadian` news http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/11/fra...extel-and-usg/
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (11-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts

They've attracted a lot of attention with leaks and PR over the last 2-3 weeks. How do they keep this up - and build it even more - until Jan 30? I wouldn't have expected to see them deliberately build this much hype when we're still 2 1/2 months away from launch. It's going to be interesting to watch, and if they pull this off, not just in product but marketing, RIM will be the subject of books and business studies for many years to come.

- R.
    sf49ers likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default The Tide Turns: Another positive analysis of RIM

While Android is the king of the malware apps, many BB10 apps are .bar converted from .apk. Will BB10 sandbox the bad boy apps?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

RIM will be the subject of books and business studies for many years to come.
    Let's face it. No matter how this turns out for RIM, they're going to be the subject of books and business studies for many years to come
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PMMe

Anyway, this is Seeking Alpha. They publish a positive article today, but two days ago was a negative article. While the trend seems to be going tentatively positive for many analyses, I don't put much stock in anything from SA. It's just individual investors posting opinions for the most part - opinions that may have even less substantiation than most analysts provide.

I'm also interested in how the media seems to have taken Thorsten's 100,000 apps comment completely out of context. From the original globe and mail article:
    In my view it is really short-sighted to say, you have 600,000, you have 400,000 and you only have 100,000 apps, so you are not good,” he said.
    Yet in the same article:
    RIM’s projected 100,000 apps - a record for any new platform at launch - will still be a fraction of those available on Apple Inc. or Google Inc. devices.
    And others have picked it up:

http://www.techzone360.com/topics/te...ouchscreen.htm
    RIM aiming for 100,000 apps for BlackBerry 10 launch

Fortunately, I think the misinterpretation won't matter much. Technically app world DOES have 100k apps - but the subset that are for BB10 will be much smaller I suspect. Even in the article above, we see that Heins said what we've all known for a while they were targeting specific apps, not broad numbers.
    Last edited by Marc_Paradise; 11-16-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: formatting
    Try BBSSH, an open source SSH and Telnet client for Blackberry devices.
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Paradise View Post

Fortunately, I think the misinterpretation won't matter much. Technically app world DOES have 100k apps - but the subset that are for BB10 will be much smaller I suspect. Even in the article above, we see that Heins said what we've all known for a while they were targeting specific apps, not broad numbers.
    The numbers being tossed around, for BB10 apps, range from 100,000 to 150,000. I agree those numbers seem high but I went back through my twitter account and culled this tweet from Alex Saunders on August 23rd of this year. It reads:

@asaunders "we're building a team to handle tens of thousands (of apps) per month, ahead of (BB10) launch"

Not getting my hopes up but I'm willing to be surprised.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2b9a3c0a

I really like articles like these...the ones that aren't delusional, but base their opinions on facts and express reasonable positivity..
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: The Tide Turns: Another positive analysis of RIM

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Paradise View Post
    Anyway, this is Seeking Alpha. They publish a positive article today, but two days ago was a negative article. While the trend seems to be going tentatively positive for many analyses, I don't put much stock in anything from SA. It's just individual investors posting opinions for the most part - opinions that may have even less substantiation than most analysts provide.

I'm also interested in how the media seems to have taken Thorsten's 100,000 apps comment completely out of context. From the original globe and mail article:

Yet in the same article:

And others have picked it up:

http://www.techzone360.com/topics/te...ouchscreen.htm
    RIM aiming for 100,000 apps for BlackBerry 10 launch

AFAIK, 100k apps that Heins mentioned is only for blackberry 10 exclude the existing apps that we can find in world apps right now. there are lots devas and apps coming to blackberry 10 everyday.

As my friends said, who hold London EU, you can find bunch of new apps showing on world apps at London EU everyday. from free, trial, to paid apps.

So 100k apps for blackberry 10 at launching is make sense. IMHO.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

"Other platforms like Android and Windows 8 have recently been exposed as posing significant risk. A 16 year old Indian student just developed a maleware for the new Windows 8 platform that can steal data files, and read text messages. Not good news for an OS that just hit the market."

Wow, a 16 year old high school student. Smart kid!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330B6526

Thanks for this article! Great read.