Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jagrlover
  • 1 Post By digtech
  • 1 Post By missing_K-W
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Thought y'all might be interested in the latest news on the Z10...

The pieces of the BlackBerry Z10 puzzle are slowly coming together -- and today, that's almost literally true. ETrade Supply has obtained what's claimed to be the LCD, touchscreen digitizer and housings for RIM's future flagship device. The more production-worthy components appear to fit together properly, and they hint at a mid-size smartphone with a 4.3-inch screen and a microSD card slot. The biggest surprise may be the SIM slot, whose position varies depending on the parts at hand: the incongruity could either reflect late-stage design tweaks or else variants for different networks. We'll have to sit tight until January 30th to know what the individual elements represent when they're part of a working device, but those who don't mind seeing an upcoming phone in its rawest form can catch a video after the break.

This was from an Engadget article posted this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    TomJasper (01-04-2013) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Speculation without a scintilla of evidence. I would expect RIM to have many NDAs with the component manufacturers until severe legal penalty for violating these NDAs.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    The pieces of the BlackBerry Z10 puzzle are slowly coming together -- and today, that's almost literally true. ETrade Supply has obtained what's claimed to be the LCD, touchscreen digitizer and housings for RIM's future flagship device. The more production-worthy components appear to fit together properly, and they hint at a mid-size smartphone with a 4.3-inch screen and a microSD card slot. The biggest surprise may be the SIM slot, whose position varies depending on the parts at hand: the incongruity could either reflect late-stage design tweaks or else variants for different networks. We'll have to sit tight until January 30th to know what the individual elements represent when they're part of a working device, but those who don't mind seeing an upcoming phone in its rawest form can catch a video after the break.

Thought y'all might be interested in the latest news on the Z10...-bblseries.jpg

This was from an Engadget article posted this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    bbecause it's bbetter
    jakie55 likes this.

Global Posts
    9,679 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Should we then rule out the Qualcomm S4 and S4 pro being the processor since these chips offer support for various network connectivity... And seeing as bb10 has various models for different networks?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Re: Thought y'all might be interested in the latest news on the Z10...

I think you answered your own question
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by digtech View Post
    Should we then rule out the Qualcomm S4 and S4 pro being the processor since these chips offer support for various network connectivity... And seeing as bb10 has various models for different networks?
    I was under the impression that the S4/S4pro was for North America due to LTE and H+ and the TI OMAP4470 was for other regions to allow for Anything under H+.
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........

Global Posts
    5,794 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by missing_K-W View Post
    I was under the impression that the S4/S4pro was for North America due to LTE and H+ and the TI OMAP4470 was for other regions to allow for Anything under H+.
    That hasn't been confirmed, but it has been the subject of "educated" speculation.

My bigger concern was that there might not be enough RAM, but with 2GB it should be good.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    That hasn't been confirmed, but it has been the subject of "educated" speculation.

My bigger concern was that there might not be enough RAM, but with 2GB it should be good.
    As far as processors are concerned. I only hope for a great GPU, as BB10 will run great on minimal dual cpu's IMHO
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    jakie55 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

Thor stated LTE across the market. I would suspect Snapdragon worldwide... but what do I know....I am part of the NA LTE market, and qualify for the 2 core Samsung SGIII instead of the quad core.
    Q 10 for the win!
    (WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi
    Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jakie55 View Post
    Thor stated LTE across the market. I would suspect Snapdragon worldwide... but what do I know....I am part of the NA LTE market, and qualify for the 2 core Samsung SGIII instead of the quad core.
    I think you are misunderstanding his comment, it would more realistically be that each model will offer LTE and not that every single model would only be LTE, there is simply too much evidence to the contrary that at least with the l-series there will be multiple LTE models and a HSPA-only model.

Here's hoping that Rim don't take the same half-arsed approach to the GSM/LTE model that Apple did with the iphone 5 and that they offer a NA variant and a RoW variant that allows LTE support on more networks in countries such as germany where all the major carriers have LTE and not just the one that apple decided they would support this time round.
    Thanked by:
    jakie55 (01-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

lol engadget as source they several hours even days late to deliver any BB info.Most of us already have this BB info.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    288986cf

I tought it was an LED screen.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Thought y'all might be interested in the latest news on the Z10...

Quote Originally Posted by jakie55 View Post
    The dual core i747 s3 is much better than the quad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk