Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,751 Global Posts

YES!
    They are training the sales people, no more dim-wits!
    Have I really been here for three years?
    CrackBerry Master

I cannot do my work with 1 Gig of RAM. I have too many things going on at the same time. Of course, I do computer software development.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triplell View Post
    Until the networks are able to overcome the latency issues, you will not see desktop virtualization trending. As someone who RDP's to multiple servers on a very fast network, if I was asked to do any development work on these machines, it would be a headache.

We're all used to immediate response when we type. This isn't the case when the machine you are interfacing with is over the network. Not to mention video playback, etc.
    We've got dozens of terminal servers just at my work site, and connect up to dozens more across other sites. Also have to do a lot of remote work through citrix.

It literally makes me want to pull my teeth out doing ANYTHING in a remote environment. I use a shell whenever possible to reduce the latency effect, but you can't get a lot of work done in a shell.

The only place I ever see remote computing work is with clerical jobs, and how many clerical staff are going to want to carry around their work computer with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    If things get even remotly close to where TH sees them going. Im sure they could get windows applications to work on QNX.
    Ya um...goodluck with that :S
    CrackBerry Addict

Thor will not say it unless there is huge or significant progress of what he said in RIM Labs. He is the CEO of RIM which makes his words are worthed to make RIM comes fly or go bury. I wonder, what is going on in RIM R&D Labs. What exactly they do with Blackberry 10 and QNX. The technology we see nowadays is far behind what military technology has right now. And untill now, QNX is one of the technology that works with military industry. I'm not suprise if Military industry is already did as what Thor said.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Windows is already making this transition, Gates has also made similar predictions...
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    Adobe is trying to remain relevant in the mobile computing era so if they do not bring the full functionality of their core productivity and development applications to these devices Adobe's relevance will decrease. If Ubuntu Linux can be ported to Android smartphones, for example, that opens an universe of applications available from the F/LOSS community at which point Adobe is dead if they refuse to adapt.
    This is a joke, right?

Next gen Intel atom SoCs (planned for 2013) will be fanless, dual core and as powerful as mainstream laptop processors from 2 - 3 years ago. You'll be able to run full versions of Photoshop on 10-hour x86 tablets by next year.
    Since Windows 8 tablets are predicted to grab a good-sized chunk of the market in the next few years, Adobe don't really have to move far to get in on the tablet game.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mike Lazaridis had the right idea when he spoke of a flexibile office setup consisting of a BlackBerry, a tablet (PlayBook) and an external screen[*]. But, I think Microsoft will be the one to make it happen. They've got the backend services (aka cloud services like XBox Live, Music store, Outlook online, Microsoft 365, etc.), an excellent mobile OS, penetration in the desktop, enterprise, and living rooms, and ... tons of money and patience. RIM doesn't have anywhere close to that unified experience yet.
    [*] Sorry, can't find the source
    Terminal Musings: http://www.allengeorge.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Thorsten Heins New York Times Interview: RIMís Chief Is Confident of BlackBerry 10 Success

Quote Originally Posted by allengeorge View Post
    Mike Lazaridis had the right idea when he spoke of a flexibile office setup consisting of a BlackBerry, a tablet (PlayBook) and an external screen[*]. But, I think Microsoft will be the one to make it happen. They've got the backend services (aka cloud services like XBox Live, Music store, Outlook online, Microsoft 365, etc.), an excellent mobile OS, penetration in the desktop, enterprise, and living rooms, and ... tons of money and patience. RIM doesn't have anywhere close to that unified experience yet.
    [*] Sorry, can't find the source
    Honestly, compare to RIM, Microsoft has a big chance to start first. But, RIM possibly can take the first place from Microsoft.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by texazzpete View Post
    You'll be able to run full versions of Photoshop on 10-hour x86 tablets by next year.
    Since Windows 8 tablets are predicted to grab a good-sized chunk of the market in the next few years, Adobe don't really have to move far to get in on the tablet game.
    Now, that's what I'm talking about! Yes!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12