Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By kurtla
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tech Radar Hands on: BlackBerry 10 review

Sorry if this has been posted before. I just read bits and pieces, made sure the red led was still there but it seems like a decent enough write up
    BlackBerry 10 review | Operating systems Reviews | TechRadar
    Thanked by 4:
    00stryder (11-11-2012),  G-bone (11-10-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-10-2012),  Denise in Los Angeles (11-12-2012) 

Global Posts
    9,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Default Re: Tech Radar Hands on: BlackBerry 10 review

If you're in a hurry ...
    Early verdict

Although the operating system is in development, we must say that we were impressed with how smooth and slick the interface felt under out fingers – seamlessly zipping around without fuss.
    BlackBerry assured us that is smooth experience would still be present in the final product, thanks to the clever integration of the HTML 5 system, which optimises the performance of the software. We certainly hope they're right.
    There are plenty of features of BB 10 that are exciting - the gestures work very, very well after a few minutes, the powerful messaging ecosystem is still there and even the on screen keyboard is great.
    What does strike you about the new OS is how the phone is so integrated - Facebook, Twitter, Email are all available, connected to your friends or easy to share to throughout the phone.
    It's a much more complex OS than iOS or Windows Phone, but there are only so many ways to re-invent the smartphone wheel; in the case of BB 10, RIM has gone for usable power over rows of easy to use icons.
    It's a bold move, and one technophiles will love. If the hardware is decent too, there may be enough BB fans out there willing to use the finger-flicking platform... but with so many things to learn, it will take some serious and quick eduction to get users up to speed.
    But I strongly suggest you read it all !
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    Thanked by 3:
    Balti43 (11-10-2012),  r0v3rT3N (11-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

oops, forgot about sticking in the spoiler lol, have not posted in a while. nice little comment in the article...
    This may awser your question. Is it as powerful as Android?

QNX Neutrino RTOS is far more superior than Android, iOS and Windows phone. QNX is known for True real time multi tasking, Military grade security and Space grade reliable. QNX is the only certified, most secured and reliable POSIX kernel in the world. And also pass the FIPS-140-2 and 3
    Certifications

BlackBerry 10 and the BlackBerry PlayBook OS is powered by QNX Neutrino RTOS. There will be more apps at launch than any other mobile platform on the market as more BlackBerry 10 apps added to the now over 90,000 or more BlackBerry apps in the BlackBerry. Plus RIM devices are the only consumer available Mobile devices on the market to pass the FIPS-140-2 cryptography certifications by the federal government.

QNX is so powerful that the internet is being runned by QNX. Which the large Cisco routers at the core layer of the internet are powered by large Cisco routers powered by the same QNX Neutrino RTOS Microkernel. QNX is also powering power grids, energy grids, aerospace defense equipment, military equipment, medical equipment, nuclear power plants, cruise control, gps, BlackBerry devices etc.

QNX based RIM/BlackBerry devices are so secured that they are engineered to be tampered resistant.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

A good review, cant wait to see what else RIM has in store. Some people are saying that its going to be hard for people to understand the OS. I give people more credit than that. I cant wait to dig into the details. This phone is going to be so much more fun to operate then the competiton.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20EB1810

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    A good review, cant wait to see what else RIM has in store. Some people are saying that its going to be hard for people to understand the OS. I give people more credit than that. I cant wait to dig into the details. This phone is going to be so much more fun to operate then the competiton.
    I totally agree with you.

The tech press for the most part even has a problem with Android being too complicated, because of there being lots of devices and it has optional settings for power users that most never even know are there. So a completely new OS from a company that they've been hating on for the past year or more is pretty much destined to get a little kick basically for not being as 'easy' as iOS. Turns out that the vast majority of people who want a smartphone have been using them for a few years now and have absolutely no problems in learning that instead of buttons, you swipe at a corner. I mean really. BB10 is 'different' but its not more complicated. With all that in mind, the review is positively glowing, and well it deserves to be. Everything I have seen about BB10 leads me to believe that RIM have knocked it out of the park, to the extent that even the mainstream of the tech-press can't ignore it.

Frankly, we should be taking a 99% positive review as being borderline miraculous. That means that BB10, even on beta hardware, is impressing people that need to be impressed. Not journalists, although impressing them helps. I mean people at companies who will order thousands of devices, and people who develop apps but haven't bothered to work on BB up until now. Those two groups are what will give BB10 real legs, particularly developers who have only worked on droid and iOS until now.
    CrackBerry Addict

If you already see, feel, touch, and taste BB10 (BB10AD Rev A, B, or even London EU), you will say, what an easy to handle BB10. So simple and so smooth. I already taste BB10AD, and hopefully, I can taste London EU at 29 Nov 2012, hehehe. We have gathering party here.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    If you already see, feel, touch, and taste BB10 (BB10AD Rev A, B, or even London EU), you will say, what an easy to handle BB10. So simple and so smooth. I already taste BB10AD, and hopefully, I can taste London EU at 29 Nov 2012, hehehe. We have gathering party here.
    Lucky man, come back with some details eh.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Tech Radar Hands on: BlackBerry 10 review

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    Lucky man, come back with some details eh.
    And I'll be back (as Arnold said,hee).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by kurtla View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before. I just read bits and pieces, made sure the red led was still there but it seems like a decent enough write up
    BlackBerry 10 review | Operating systems Reviews | TechRadar
    Thanks Kurt!!
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.