Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T sold out of Z10 already?!?

I just got a report from a investor site that a person checked his pre-order status today via a chat with a AT&T on-line rep and was told flatly they were already sold out of the Z10!! The rep said they are back ordering phones and will ship more phones when stock is replenished.

If u need any proof that the US launch is a success i dont know what more proof u need!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    "It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."–Mark Twain
    Thanked by 3:
    hpjrt (03-13-2013),  R Field (03-13-2013),  sonbuster (03-14-2013) 
    Jince, sheeraz_aa, cman5 and 5 others like this.

how many did they have available for preorder? if we dont know, well, we really dont know anything lol
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts

SO glad I pre-ordered.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,670 Global Posts

Encouraging. As Howarmat said, would be good to know what they got in.

Still, if AT&T forecast low based upon recent historical sales and blew through the inventory ordered based upon that forecast, that's a positive sign.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts

I was just wondering when we would get our first crumb of news on this. This is make or break it time. I think we know where things are going. The only question is do I double down on my Blackberry stock.
    BernFlo and MrHomz like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ismarkwright View Post
    I just got a report from a investor site that a person checked his pre-order status today via a chat with a AT&T on-line rep and was told flatly they were already sold out of the Z10!! The rep said they are back ordering phones and will ship more phones when stock is replenished.

If u need any proof that the US launch is a success i dont know what more proof u need!!

Maybe actual numbers instead of speculation? You got a report, from a site, about a person, who checked their pre order status via chat. Not exactly solid evidence
    Thanked by:
    BoldtotheMax (03-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Can you post a link to the site?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

It IS very reliable information....the person is an identifiable person and posted the actual chat verbatim. I think this is indicative of what will happen with all carriers....and YES go LONG today on BB today. If you are short, well I hope you have more than your shorts left after this stock goes high.

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."–Mark Twain
    BernFlo likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

It IS very reliable information....the person is an identifiable person and posted the actual chat verbatim. I think this is indicative of what will happen with all carriers....and YES go LONG today on BB today. If you are short, well I hope you have more than your shorts left after this stock goes high.

Can you post the chat?
    Thanked by:
    q649 (03-13-2013) 
    Acumenight likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Without knowing any actual numbers, that means very little. How many phones were available ? If the markets that have already launched don't have enough inventory, how many do you think are available for their biggest market, the US? Until there are real numbers, it is all speculation. I don't doubt that you are telling the truth, I just don't think it means all that much, yet
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Attention BlackBerry Shorts: See Order Flow To Vendors - Seeking Alpha

Take it for what its worth
    from comments:

gstanden Comments (11)

The following conversation is snipped from when I checked on my Z10 order with AT&T today. I ordered it at about 11:00 PM EDT Tuesday when it first became available. You can read the whole transcript for veracity, but here is the payload statement:

"Evelyn: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped."

Here's the whole transcript of the chat conversation for anyone who just does not believe (yet):

"Thank you for your patience! Your AT&T Representative will be with you shortly.
    Welcome! You are now chatting with 'Evelyn'
    You: Hello Evelyn
    Evelyn: Hello, thank you for chatting with AT&T today. I see that you have a question regarding the details of an order. Is that correct?
    You: Yes, thank you. I ordered a Blackberry Z10 Smartphone almost 48 hours ago, but I still cannot get status
    when I put the order number into the online page for checking orders, it cannot find the order
    I did get the confirmation email however.
    that the order had been placed. Can you confirm that my order is in the pipeline for me please?
    Evelyn: I will be happy to help you with that, Mr. Standen.
    In order to protect your privacy, may I please have the First Name, Last Name, and the last four digits of the Social Security Number associated with this account?
    You: Yes, thanks.
    Gilbert
    Standen
    xxxx
    Evelyn: Thanks. Can you also provide me with the full billing address, including street, city, and zip code?
    You: xxxx address redacted xxxxx
    Delivery address is:
    xxxx address redacted xxxxx
    I requested in the original order that it be delivered to my workplace
    Evelyn: Thank you for that information.
    You: instead of my home address
    Evelyn: I understand.
    You: yah no one home during day!
    Evelyn: I have located your order placed on 3/12/13 for a BlackBerry phone.
    You: working hard to earn money for my big $$ AT&T bill
    Evelyn: We have sold out of the device and are waiting for additional inventory. Unfortunately, we do not have an anticipated delivery date as inventory levels vary from day-to-day. You will receive an e-mail from us when your item has shipped.
    You: Ok that's fine. So the order is in the system and will be filled when inventory is available, correct?
    And I won't be charged until it is shipped, correct?
    Evelyn: Yes, that is correct, Mr. Standen.
    You: do you happen to know how many devices have been ordered so far?
    I mean how many Z10 devices....
    Evelyn: No, I do not know. I am sorry.
    You: that's ok! :-) I didn't think you would, but asked anyway...I can't wait to get my new Z10 blackberry so...
    please tell them to hurry up! :-)
    Evelyn: Post paid devices are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by e-mail when your device has shipped from our warehouse.
    You: safely, of course...
    great
    Evelyn:
    I do understand, however, we are working diligently to get it out to you as soon as we possibly can.
    You: Nice.
    Evelyn: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    You: Thanks!
    Bye bye
    Evelyn: Thank you for chatting with AT&T today. It has been a pleasure assisting you. Please come back and chat with us again if you need help in the future. We appreciate your business. You may click the “Close” button in the chat window to close this chat.
    Your AT&T representative has closed the chat session.
    'The frontier between hell and heaven is only the difference between two ways of looking at things.' - George Bernard Shaw
    Thanked by 2:
    Abrante (03-14-2013),  Acumenight (03-13-2013) 
    Banned

This good news since the Z10 beat out AT&T expectations as the Z10 continues in every market and with every carrier beating out every single expectation again and again and again. People make me laugh if it doesn't sell out = bad news if it sells out = bad news . With 147,000,000 sold short I can understand why many people are in a panic.
    Dapper37 and HabsSuck like this.
    CrackBerry User

I mean its really awesome, as long as att did not only have 4 phones up for pre-order.......
    CrackBerry Abuser

Until there is a story on the front page of crackberry.com, this is nothing but speculation at this point. And without any numbers of pre-orders, it's hard to get excited. If the number is 100,000 is that anything to be excited about. I'm not sure, maybe it is. I expect Thorsten at some point over the next few days to say they are pleased with the American pre-orders...

Time will time during the earnings call on March 28th, but these pre-orders would be in the Q1 - 2014 for RIM...
    The reason big new things sneak by incumbents is that the next big thing always starts out being dismissed as a “toy.” This is one of the main insights of Clay Christensen’s “disruptive technology” theory.
    CrackBerry Abuser

With AT&T having to order more units, I wonder what that means for Big Red once they release the phone? Coming late to the game might mean they have to wait longer for more units. Yes I know the AT&T phones are different bands but if Blackberry gets more orders for AT&T phones first, Verizon requests might be pushed back as orders most likely are filled on a first come first serve basis by Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,670 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoJaysGo View Post
    If the number is 100,000 is that anything to be excited about. I'm not sure, maybe it is. I expect Thorsten at some point over the next few days to say they are pleased with the American pre-orders...
    Any number will be spun by bears and bulls. To use the example you gave:

f AT&T predicted they'd only sell 20,000 pre-orders based upon recent BlackBerry sales and they sold 100,000.

Bulls: BlackBerry sales on AT&T are 5X expectations!

Bears: Z10 sells only a tiny fraction of what iPhone 5 sells on AT&T. RIM doomed!
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

Has anyone checked insider buying?
    CrackBerry Addict

YES,
    get as many as you can, here is why

BGR just reported this really encouragine news.
    Per Barron’s, Peterson has written a research note claiming that it “appears that [BlackBerry] management is confident that the BB10 launches will be an unqualified success” because orders to suppliers for the Z10 handset have shown a “significant surge in orders in the past 30 days.”

BlackBerry Z10 supply orders indicate “unqualified success” | BGR
    Yay go Zed10
    I am dreaming of a beach house next year!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Interesting speculation nonetheless, but until something official comes out either from AT&T or BlackBerry, I will take this with a pinch of salt. March 28th will be a very interesting day that will get a phuck ton of coverage so any good or bad news will cause massive move in the share price.
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526
    CrackBerry Addict

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts

I just went on line and tried to order they still are shipping on the 20th - if they are sold out that's a strange way of showing it as far as I can see? I don't have an upgrade at the moment so I cannot finish the process but in the past with iPhone the site is very responsive and when they are done with the initial stock they are very clear about it.
    CrackBerry Addict

AT&T selling out of Z10's and BlackBerry being a good investment, for a stock, are two totally different things. I just wanted to point that out, as stock picking is a very tricky process, and I don't want members who don't understand that, thinking this means you should buy BB stock. I hope our community does not turn into iSheep land... Where you must own stock to own Apple products, lol!
    21stNow likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfgang View Post
    Has anyone checked insider buying?
    Insider trading transactions, insider planned sales - MSN Money

Nothing at all. I wish BBRY didn't change their stock ticker symbol. It makes searching for old info on the company so difficult. I don't think an insider can technically buy/sell on knowledge of Z10 sales without BBRY publicly disclosing the information first. That's considered insider trading and you can go to prison for it. Also, I don't know how long the period of inactivity stretches for. Probably back to the launch. No insider activity in that time span is not unusual.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    I just went on line and tried to order they still are shipping on the 20th - if they are sold out that's a strange way of showing it as far as I can see? I don't have an upgrade at the moment so I cannot finish the process but in the past with iPhone the site is very responsive and when they are done with the initial stock they are very clear about it.
    I have an upgrade and, while I didn't order, it shows the 20th for me as well. It also shows the refurbished Note 2 upgrade as being out of stock -- which it wasn't yesterday -- so AT&T is perfectly capable of timely updating its online store to reflect what's in and out of stock
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sentimentGX4 View Post
    Insider trading transactions, insider planned sales - MSN Money

Nothing at all. I wish BBRY didn't change their stock ticker symbol. It makes searching for old info on the company so difficult. I don't think an insider can technically buy/sell on knowledge of Z10 sales without BBRY publicly disclosing the information first. Also, I don't know how long the period of inactivity stretches for. Probably back to the launch. No insider activity in that time span is not unusual.
    I think any insider trading would be done on the tsx under bb.to.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast