- 12-22-12, 07:34 PM #29
I asked him if RIM would ever bundle a BB10 phone and Playbook together. Here is what he said:
"not anytime soon, it will be a marketing tool later on after bb10 gets launched, could be at least a couple of months"
Sounds very promising. I thought RIM should have done that in the first place when the Playbook was launched. Who knows, buy a Z10 and get a Playbook for X% off..
I like what he said about the possibility of Aristo coming. Buy lots of BB10 phones everyone!
- 12-22-12, 08:47 PM #31
I'm now following him as well. I can't believe he just managed to turn everything we thought we knew for sure about BlackBerry 10 and the Z10 into a huge series of more questions.
30 January cannot come soon enough! This makes the wait even more painful!
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-22-12, 09:34 PM #32
- 180 Posts
Summary of interesting rumours on BB10 from @BlackBerryScoop
Frank is a genius. Leak so much info that we don't know what to expect then BAM! blow our freakin minds come Jan 30.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 while I wait. Tick tock...tick tock.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-23-12, 01:25 PM #36
- 527 Posts
Personally, I think RIM would gain so much more releasing Aristo in 2014 than in 2013 when Z10 is just released. Avoid self-competition. Also, a new device every 2 years is safer and better, I think, than every year (Apple) or every month (Samsung/Google). You run out of ideas fast with the short release cycles (i.e. Apple/Samsung).
But it will be awesome if most of these rumours/leaks become true. It may not come as a surprise for those who follow BB10/RIM like us (doesn't matter, we're excited anyways) but for majority of consumers out there - it'll be a complete surprise!
- 12-23-12, 01:31 PM #38
It probably makes more sense since I really dont know how much time they have to make sure BB10 is successful so if I was them I would try and push things out alot quicker. Like maybe they could release the Aristo in Summer 2013 with BB10.1 OS. As well if London was not the real name and it is the Z10 then I wonder what the real name of the Aristo is
- 12-23-12, 10:23 PM #40
People need to get over those leaked specs, they are not going to be a jan 30th surprise nor a device showing only 6 months later, if anything happens with that code name the odds are that it will gain a 5" display since the oversized phone market continues to push the limits of what is sensible for a phone and 4.7" would end up being too small for that market.
- 12-23-12, 10:44 PM #41
Re: Summary of interesting rumours on BB10 from @BlackBerryScoop
- 12-24-12, 11:14 AM #48
On the rumours listed, I'd love to be proven wrong on some of them, but this is what I think is realistic and what isn't.
- 117k BB10 apps so far already on Dec 16 (We are in for a BIG surprise by launch date) - they have been working really hard at this + PlayBook apps + Android apps = possible
- BBM Money on BB10 - was just announced on BBOS and Indonesia is a huge market
- BB10 available in Canada on Feb 1 - I had a Rogers guy tell me that recently too
- BB10 Playbook UI has differentiation from the BB10 phone UI - Common sense. It's a different form factor
- BB Maps and BB Traffic combined into one app in BB10 - Also common sense and competitive
Would be nice, but I'm skeptical
Google+ confirmed - What benefit does Google have of doing this for a competitor that doesn't yet have an established base?
Google building BB10 apps for enterprise - same comment
A big bank already put in a large purchase order for BB10 - banks are notoriously slow and test heavy due to security and seldom "cutting edge". Unless it's a gift, like when that Big Bank was reported to be 'leaving BlackBerry', when in reality, it was a set of iPads given as a gift.
I don't believe it for a second
- Retail store locations - I can't see them sinking money into this except maybe in a couple of inexpensive markets.
- Testing cross-platform BBM on iPhone and Android - Not a chance until BlackBerry 10 is proven established for reasons other than 'having BBM'.
- Playbook 10 may be announced on the same day Jan 30 - This seems really silly. Look at how little effort went into PlayBook LTE? People here often don't know that it exists at all. Why would they sink more into it.
- 12-24-12, 01:55 PM #50
Personally, I expect that Aristo will have the following main changes from the specs of l-series when it comes out, it will be quad-core, 5" 1080p display, larger battery, next-gen wifi and potentially more built-in storage and while this will put it firmly at the upper end, it is inevitable that by then there will be android devices with higher specs than that since it is all they have to use for differentiation other than pricing.
- By Marauder2 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 27Last Post: 12-05-12, 10:33 PM
- By Rickroller in forum AndroidReplies: 27Last Post: 10-01-12, 09:12 AM
- By ad19 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-06-12, 02:22 PM
- By Bob61 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-19-09, 03:32 PM
- By Bob61 in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-19-09, 03:32 PM