• 1 Post By ldudiaz
  • 1 Post By Saiga
  • 1 Post By scalemaster34
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint may not offer Bb10 devices at launch

According to this tweet from @BlackberryScoop Sprint will not have BB10. If so I'm switching carrier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint may not offer Bb10 devices at launch-uploadfromtaptalk1356583156566.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32fbc26f

Default Re: Sprint will not offer Bb10 devices at launch

I've heard several rumors suggesting Sprint still in a deciding mode as to whether they'll carry Bb10 devices. Would be a mistake in my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

Welp....their loss. Some other carrier will get my business then
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    Jake Storm and ldudiaz like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

A big mistake or do they think everybody wants to buy an android phone? Cause that's all they have in their line up besides the Iphone
    Anon_M_Lee likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Glad I'm not on Sprint as this would make me make the switch immediately. Maybe when Sprint does offer it, there won't be enough to go around, or any to be had! We all know the saying "You snooze, you lose" LOL
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Welp....their loss. Some other carrier will get my business then
    I will also be giving my money to another carrier.
    CrackBerry User

Is Sprint really that dense thinking the market will only support Android or iPhone?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

I think its cool that any random dude can make a twitter account, regurgitate leaks and rumors from the interwebz and then become a credible source for BB10 information. I still haven't seen that account say a single thing true, that I hadn't previously heard elsewhere. And he hasn't said anything that leads me to believe that he knows anything about Nadia Declining Assistance type information.

Meh, anyone that paid attention had hints about this info weeks ago. Register for a BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition Developer Device and you will notice something very peculiar. All of the North America GSM carriers are represented, while the only CDMA carrier option available is Verizon. The BB10LEDOD is coming out when BB10 launches. Doesn't take a scoop to put the two together. I even posted about that here weeks ago.
    Thanked by:
    Admorris (12-27-2012) 
    Admorris likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

Sprint is very smart, LOL

Check out this article;

Rising Apple iPhone subsidy costs force Sprint CEO Dan Hesse to take pay cut

-Jeff
    Jeff
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask!!!!

That's why I left Sprint - they do carry Windows 8 and now BB10.
    Last edited by hitnar; 12-26-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Add info
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

Decoded that means Sprint will welcome BB10 with open arms. This gouging by the Fruit Company has been simmering for some time and I can only surmise BB10 is what carriers want/need to break that gouging cycle. My opinion is that longer term things are not looking good for the Fruit Company in regards to their presently enjoyed margins via the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomputer View Post
    Sprint is very smart, LOL

Check out this article;

Rising Apple iPhone subsidy costs force Sprint CEO Dan Hesse to take pay cut

-Jeff
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

Default Sprint will not offer Bb10 devices at launch

Maybe it's because they blew all their money on the iPhone. Poor Sprint. Better luck next time.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

Global Posts
    30,964 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

They do have evaluations units fielded, so it is too early to count them out.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Talk about buying high with Sprint and Apple, lol, great work by the CEO. They may not push BB10 as they signed a $15 billion commitment to the iPhone, being the boneheads they are. They have to fulfill that contract, or the CEO is gone. Selling a lot more BB10 phones does not make him look very smart, so don't expect a big push from Sprint.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

As long as T-Mobile has it at launch.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,671 Global Posts

Glad I'm not with sprint.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Decoded that means Sprint will welcome BB10 with open arms. This gouging by the Fruit Company has been simmering for some time and I can only surmise BB10 is what carriers want/need to break that gouging cycle. My opinion is that longer term things are not looking good for the Fruit Company in regards to their presently enjoyed margins via the carriers.
    Yes all the carriers would love it if Apple lost the power they hold over carriers. But hoping and wishing for a thing, and it becoming a reality are two different things.

That said does Sprint not have any Gov or Corporate Contracts that will need new BB devices in the future? Either way, I don't see Sprint not having BB10 devices. They may not be willing to subsidize them as much, or may not be willing to sign RIM's current contract - but eventually they will have them.
    Thanked by:
    ldudiaz (12-27-2012) 
    ldudiaz likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Default Re: Sprint may not offer Bb10 devices at launch

Quote Originally Posted by scalemaster34 View Post
    That said does Sprint not have any Gov or Corporate Contracts that will need new BB devices in the future? Either way, I don't see Sprint not having BB10 devices. They may not be willing to subsidize them as much, or may not be willing to sign RIM's current contract - but eventually they will have them.
    That makes a lot of sense
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,508 Global Posts

If Sprint doesn't have BB10 at launch, I will be very disappointed ......and move along to the next available carrier. SIMPLE
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,964 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    They can't welcome BB10 with open arms because in their deal with the Apple devil they have to buy a large number of iPhones whether they sell them or not. So they have to sell iPhones to honor the contract, which means that they have to push iPhones even though it hurts the bottom line.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    They can't welcome BB10 with open arms because in their deal with the Apple devil they have to buy a large number of iPhones whether they sell them or not. So they have to sell iPhones to honor the contract, which means that they have to push iPhones even though it hurts the bottom line.
    Yup....sad thing is I actually like Sprint. It was either between them or Tmobile since both have great plans for consumers but I'm with them being locked in that iPhone contract, they've really limited themselves and I'm not waiting any longer than I have to....so as long as tmobile has it available upon launch, that's where I'm going
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    29BD3EAB

"The firm expects AT&T and T-Mobile to launch the first BlackBerry 10 smartphone in March. Verizon Wireless and Sprint are expected to have May launches. A second BlackBerry 10 smartphone which features a touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard may not be available until June"http://http://hothardware.com/m/News...w/default.aspx
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts

Above link is dead and so is the information.