1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 'Split' vote is off the table

RIM and NEI Investments Announce Withdrawal of Shareholder Proposal; RIM Committee to Review Matter Raised by Proposal - Yahoo! Finance

RIM and NEI Investments have announced the withdrawal of the shareholder proposal to split the roles of CEO and Chair that was to be considered at the next annual meeting. Instead, a RIM committee will review the issues raised in the proposal and present those findings to the board.

Apparently no one at NEI has seen The Letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Mike and Jim have to go. Go down for "making the company" not "breaking the company". I want RIM to succeed but IMHO it's not gonna happen with those two guys in the lead, no matter how generous to charities they are.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yeah, like I said in the other thread Jim and Mike have enough votes together to prevent it from being passed so it was withdrawn.

It was a PR stunt more than anything. NEI knew that the vote would have never passed but the optics of having so many people vote for it and having it fail due to Mike and Jim voting against it would look bad on RIM hence the negotiations.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!

I understand how they are co-CEO's but are they also co-chairmen? If so that is messed up.

Reminds me of 2 seasons ago on The Office when Jim and Michael were made co-managers of Dunder Mifflin Scranton.
    CrackBerry Genius

I fear that with these two bozos staying at the helm the ship is headed for certain doom.

When the company tanks they wont care because they will have golden parachutes.

In light of recent events.....really....what have they done (again)?

Dont tell me "give them a chance". They have driven the company south over the last two years and had ample oppurtunities- choice points along the way- to rectify the situation and they stubbornly refused.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com