CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Speculation] US Availability?

TAKE THIS WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT.

I have a BlackBerry with VZW but I stopped by a Sprint store just to see if I could get some scoop on the new Z10. Hoping I would catch the rep slipping on availability.

Me: Hello. I heard something about a new BlackBerry. I think it's called the Z10. Do you guys have it on display?

Rep: "Yes, there is a new BlackBerry. We don't have it out yet. It should be available soon.

Me: "What's soon. I heard some good things about it and I thinking about getting one."

Rep: "It should be out this month or early March."

Me: "This month?!?!."

Rep: "Yes, I'm pretty sure it would probably be this month."

Me: "Thats cool. I'll stop by I a couple weeks to check one out."

Rep: "Yes, please do. We should have them out on display."

I'm extremely skeptical of this Rep's knowledge of what's going on but I really wish I recorded the conversation so that you could hear the Rep's confidence when saying, "Yes, I'm pretty sure it would be this month." But boy, I hope she slipped up and told me more than she should.

AGAIN, TAKE THIS WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Default Re: US Availability!!!???!!!

Sorry, but cell phone reps are probably your least reliable source of release information and Sprint reps are at the bottom of that barrel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Sorry, but cell phone reps are probably your least reliable source of release information and Sprint reps are at the bottom of that barrel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    I know. I feel the same way. I'm just reporting the conversation.
    CrackBerry Abuser

All the same, this is exactly the sort of conversation that strong supporters should be having. It helps to show strong consumer interest in BB10 -- which ought to encourage the reps to look in to the phone, learn about it, and be better informed when the phone finally arrives in the U.S. You can also register your interest with some carriers (AT&T for sure) which will net you an email notification when the phone is available. If enough people register their interest, you can bet that carriers will take notice.

A side note: I feel the same way about positive comments on articles both pro and con. If BlackBerry is to succeed, they're going to need the media on-board. There's no better way to show that the public is eagerly awaiting the new BB10 phones than to express your positive opinions in the comments. They do get read, and they do have an impact!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts

Why not pay attention to real news. Until Verizon is done testing, it is not going to be out in the USA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    Why not pay attention to real news. Until Verizon is done testing, it is not going to be out in the USA
    OH so it's Verizon's fault that they are keeping Everyone waiting? So all the other 3 major carriers are Ready and are waiting for Verizon to finish?
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

"pretty sure, probably". sounds like blackberry terms
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Banned

I don't understand why the carriers in the US were t given a phone to test months ago. I also understand that blackberry is not very popular in the US due to not having something American. If its not Apple, google then its discriminated against by people in the US unless its far superior. Fortunately the rest if the world wants something different that Appke and Google. I know I do which is why if the Z10 is on par then in dumping my iPhone 5. Apple is the most arrogant company there is.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,442 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by John Riccio View Post
    I don't understand why the carriers in the US were t given a phone to test months ago. I also understand that blackberry is not very popular in the US due to not having something American. If its not Apple, google then its discriminated against by people in the US unless its far superior. Fortunately the rest if the world wants something different that Appke and Google. I know I do which is why if the Z10 is on par then in dumping my iPhone 5. Apple is the most arrogant company there is.
    There are plenty of people, including carriers, who have had the new Blackberry phones in the US and have been testing them for months now. That has little to do when they will arrive in the USA.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

Be happy you are waiting.
    Allow others to get the bugs identified. Now if BlackBerry decides to fix them, that's another story.

All the pioneers are dead on the prairie.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

C'mon. That has to be the most uninformed statement I've ever seen. Verizon is a big player in the mobile industry but they don't have it on lock like that. If I remember correctly they didn't have the 9650 in stores til like 3 weeks I believe after Sprint. And the way competition is between Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and TMOBILE. Don't think one of these other carriers wouldn't like to stick it to the other especially VERIZON by bringing this phone out right now and having everybody lined up at stores and ordering online. You got Sprint customers saying there leaving if they don't have the Z10. You have TMOBILE customers ready to jump carriers because they feel Verizon or AT&T is going to have this phone before 3/27. LMAO!