- CrackBerry Master
- 1,352 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Speculation - surprise apps
I assume RIM will announce some surprise app that will be the talk of the North American mobile tech world when they release the new phones on Jan 30th.
What is your speculation as to what it is?
I am thinking some kind of mobile payment functionality. The only reason I question this is that we would probably hear some leaks about it because it would involve too many outside entities, like stores and banks and manufacturers/installers of equipment.
- 12-04-12, 10:29 AM #3
While many of these maybe available for download, they don't integrate into the OS and aren't used to open default file.... then need to be.
- Full Featured eReader - one that allows text books to be studied - multiple color highlights and easy book marks, and can open most of the major formats. I like BookReader for the PlayBook, but it very limited in features.
- Photo Editing
- Video Editing
- Video Player that supports a wider range of formats
- Mapping / Directions / Compass
- Social Networking - They all need to be available, my wife is into Pinterest these day - it isn't on the PlayBook, tried the Android version and it doesn't work right.
- Cloud Storage - one place to access the BlackBerry Cloud (there needs to be one) along with 3rd party Clouds like Drop Box, Google Drive....
- Health & Fitness - Track your Pulse, caloric intake, medicine reminders...
- Office Suite - one that works - Docs to Go for the PlayBook is NOT a professional grade Office Suite.
- File Manager - one that works - Files & Folders is great for the PlayBook, but it should be a default app.
- Child Lock - need to be able to open a game or a movie on my BB10 device and lock it so that a child can not access anything other than the opened application.
- Remote Desktop - Would be a great feature for a device that is geared towards professionals.
- 12-04-12, 10:57 AM #4
- CrackBerry Genius
12-04-12, 11:16 AM #6
- 2,450 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
already available in Canada through CIBC and Rogers carrier. Anyone with a 9900 can already do this (provide they bank with CIBC and use Rogers as their carrier)
The Carrier needs to be on board for this as well as I understand
- By rupam95 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 95Last Post: 06-03-12, 03:40 AM
- By LoganSix in forum News & RumorsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-28-12, 08:32 AM
- By LoganSix in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 10Last Post: 02-28-12, 08:32 AM
- By rupam95 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 11Last Post: 02-25-12, 07:12 PM
- By barskin in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-21-11, 06:50 PM